OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:47 pm I'd expect you of all people to understand that some people have very strong feelings of personal identity, self-expression, even self-worth directly tied to their appearance. Luckily for you, the particular kind of appearance that you identify with is generally considered good by the majority. Maybe you really only do your thing to be fawned over by (wo)men, but I assumed it was deeper than that.

Choosing to conform isn't always simple.

I've started growing my hair back out this past few months and am starting to actually feel better about myself for the first time in years. Hopefully I can in some small way help to make "alternative" appearances more accepted in the future. The negative consequences I'll experience are relatively small anyway since I'm still a straight white dude, though I do dress "gay" sometimes which can be dangerous.
I wish I could grow my hair "long".............but I cannot. It just turns into a bush......hence I go practically military because if I can't look good with long hair, I'm certainly not going to fuck around with the hassle of long hair.
I'm guessing that I'll be too bald to pull it off pretty soon, this is likely my last hurrah. Hopefully I can keep it until 40 or so.

My dream is to live long enough and still have enough hair to grow it long and white like a wizard. Not gonna happen :doe:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 pm Found out my :doge: has breast/mammary/teat cancer yesterday. Tumor about 30mm across. 13 year old Yellow Lab. If it is slow moving, she would likely die of old age before succumbing to this, if not we would likely have to put her down once she began to suffer. I'd pay the freight in a heartbeat if I thought it would buy her (and us) a few years. They want $825 for the surgery, but a bullet and a hole is a lot cheaper.
Damn man.

If she's still strong I say do it. $800 isn't that much for a good friend. Shit, I had $30K into a fucking cat to make my wife feel better.
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 pm Found out my :doge: has breast/mammary/teat cancer yesterday. Tumor about 30mm across. 13 year old Yellow Lab. If it is slow moving, she would likely die of old age before succumbing to this, if not we would likely have to put her down once she began to suffer. I'd pay the freight in a heartbeat if I thought it would buy her (and us) a few years. They want $825 for the surgery, but a bullet and a hole is a lot cheaper.
It has for me twice. $825? I'd pay that and have to have tumors pulled from two dogs I've owned, bought the first one 4 years and my crippled old black lab is now 3 years and post tumor and still going strong. $20K chemo? No.
Not sure how strong she is.....we've always mostly kept her off the furniture at home but about a year ago we started letting her jump up on the couch to snuggle. As of late (last three months or so) she struggles to make the jump

Still, because we love her, she is likely worth the $800 dice roll.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Dang man. Sorry to hear it.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
I wish I could grow my hair "long".............but I cannot. It just turns into a bush......hence I go practically military because if I can't look good with long hair, I'm certainly not going to fuck around with the hassle of long hair.
I'm guessing that I'll be too bald to pull it off pretty soon, this is likely my last hurrah. Hopefully I can keep it until 40 or so.

My dream is to live long enough and still have enough hair to grow it long and white like a wizard. Not gonna happen :doe:
Yeah mine is too thin for me to have it long, plus gets bushy/curly like Dirk’s. Had it long for a few years at the end of my teens, but even then my forehead was creeping back and my cowlick was beginning to thin, so I decided to keep it short and not draw attention to the thinning. Kept it long enough to style a bit for the next 8 years or so, and the last 2-3 have been keeping it buzzed on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

If it wasn’t thinning at the cowlick/crown, I’d probably go full Viking and rock a short Mohawk with my beard.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:15 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:17 pm

:fuckyeah:

I just got a full chub with that choice of ingredients.
:dat:

Yeah wow.
I might go back tonight for another one
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:09 pm

Hot chicks who smoke :gag:
I quit smoking long ago but back in the heyday of my youth, women who smoked.........the odds that they also fucked were higher. Hence I still associate one habit with the other, and that is kind of a turn on, disgusting though it might be.
If they smoke, they poke.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm
SAWCE wrote:
I mean, when it’s a choice you make, yeah I guess I don’t have a problem with it. I’m not talking about characteristics that someone doesn’t have control over. That to me is disrespect. I’m talking about consequences of actions. That’s not disrespect. That’s making a decision based on interactions with other people who have made similar decisions. Does it make that judgement right, no. But it’s still a judgement that most people are going to make. I’d argue that that’s how we most of our decisions throughout life. “If X happens in relation to Y, I’m going to generally avoid Y.”
No surprise, the guy whose life revolves around being judged based solely on his appearance is OK with everyone else doing it too.

That kind of shit is fucked up. Keep it in the beauty pageants. It has no place in society at large.
:dat: it sure looks professional to me, and then wonders why capitalism fails "us" even though that's something he blames for his failures (ie. not being hired to an office/decent job) because of an inappropriate image he is presenting.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Damn man.

If she's still strong I say do it. $800 isn't that much for a good friend. Shit, I had $30K into a fucking cat to make my wife feel better.
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:35 pm

It has for me twice. $825? I'd pay that and have to have tumors pulled from two dogs I've owned, bought the first one 4 years and my crippled old black lab is now 3 years and post tumor and still going strong. $20K chemo? No.
Not sure how strong she is.....we've always mostly kept her off the furniture at home but about a year ago we started letting her jump up on the couch to snuggle. As of late (last three months or so) she struggles to make the jump

My black lab hasn’t been able to jump on the couch for 5 years. That’s not a bellweather for putting a round of .45 ACP in the dog.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

4zilch wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 pm

I quit smoking long ago but back in the heyday of my youth, women who smoked.........the odds that they also fucked were higher. Hence I still associate one habit with the other, and that is kind of a turn on, disgusting though it might be.
Thats what Im saying bro. A poke’s a poke and that’s no joke.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:08 pm

I’ve poked a few smokers. Generally fine, but if you don’t smoke and they just finished a cig kissing them can be pretty :gag:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:07 pm
Irish wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 pm

My black lab hasn’t been able to jump on the couch for 5 years. That’s not a bellweather for putting a round of .45 ACP in the dog.
True, true ....but if the hip thing is in fact the spread of "Big C", then a final "shot" of some sort will be in order..... Truth is that my kids would never forgive me if f I were to go the-one-behind-the-ear, Old Yeller route....
SAWCE

Irish wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:07 pm

True, true ....but if the hip thing is in fact the spread of "Big C", then a final "shot" of some sort will be in order..... Truth is that my kids would never forgive me if f I were to go the-one-behind-the-ear, Old Yeller route....
“He went to live on a farm”

Doesn’t matter that the kids are fully grown and know what that means. That’s all they need to know.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

my two friends who smoke are prudes :iono:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:(
Sorry Irish. Hope she pulls through.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

haleyann wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 pm

That's just what they want you to think.

:SecretHookers:
SAWCE

I did it again. Just stood out in the rain for a minute and smoked a quick bowl. I grabbed a bottle of Dad’s Old Fashioned root beer from the deli too and got that chilling for me while I start eating.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:59 pm
haleyann wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 pm

That's just what they want you to think.

:SecretHookers:
:correct:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:12 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:08 pm

I’ve poked a few smokers. Generally fine, but if you don’t smoke and they just finished a cig kissing them can be pretty :gag:
As opposed to your excellent weed breath?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My ex would socially smoke at work on occasion and she would have to shower or sleep in a different bed those nights :iono:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Waiting for DFD to wake up like

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Now I get dreams of this girl I stopped talking to 3 nights in a row :disgust:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:46 am Now I get dreams of this girl I stopped talking to 3 nights in a row :disgust:
Moist ones?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:06 am Waiting for DFD to wake up like

some of us swamp dwellers are up early
brain go brrrrrr
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:15 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:06 am Waiting for DFD to wake up like

I propose a 4:30am EST start time for DFD :foreveralone:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:29 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:15 am

I propose a 4:30am EST start time for DFD :foreveralone:
I was at work, but no one else is ever on so so usually don't pop in till 630 or so
brain go brrrrrr