Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:27 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 am

I would never do this personally as I drive my woman’s car on the reg and there is no need for additional seppuku factors in my life.
Serious questions here, are you just derping in the woman’s car when she isn’t around ? Why do you drive it when you have the vette + burban?

If you drive when with her because it’s cool to be sexist and do a mans job when called for duty, how often do you wot?
She takes the truck a lot because likes to sit up high. On road trips I don’t need to drive like a teenager to appreciate a car with some balls.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am
Serious questions here, are you just derping in the woman’s car when she isn’t around ? Why do you drive it when you have the vette + burban?

If you drive when with her because it’s cool to be sexist and do a mans job when called for duty, how often do you wot?
She takes the truck a lot because likes to sit up high. On road trips I don’t need to drive like a teenager to appreciate a car with some balls.
So she prefers to drive something that a 3rd rate cartel owners mistress’ mother won’t be seen in over a custom ordered imported Aryan brown steed of luxury ?

I literally have no more questions.
:mindblown:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:36 am

So she prefers to drive something that a 3rd rate cartel owners mistress’ mother won’t be seen in over a custom ordered imported Aryan brown steed of luxury ?

Sometimes? I think we both like the change of pace. The Quinceanera party bus drives pretty nice.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

Sometimes? I think we both like the change of pace. The Quinceanera party bus drives pretty nice.
I don’t understand why you didn’t just order an X5 or X3 or something... if there is some sort of selection happening in her mind about the Tahoe being higher, it seems rather odd to me that it’s even being piloted by her period. I thought it was just your car since it held some sort of sentimental bow tie value .... but now her accidente makes more sense as well.

Too bad the commanding view of the road only extends forwards.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat: It's fun to do the old switcharoo. Any time I haven't driven one of my cars for a week or more, getting back into it is pretty :fuckyeah: just to experience a change. Phoenix isn't objectively better than Charlotte but I wouldn't mind a trip out there just to mix things up. Insert sexual version of this as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:44 am

I don’t understand why you didn’t just order an X5 or X3 or something... if there is some sort of selection happening in her mind about the Tahoe being higher, it seems rather odd to me that it’s even being piloted by her period. I thought it was just your car since it held some sort of sentimental bow tie value .... but now her accidente makes more sense as well.

Because they got an objectively better vehicle... better handling, faster, looks better, more fuel efficient, same interior space... and they already have :truk: covered with the CartelWagen.

I actually think Breh's Tahoe is the best :truk: on DFD... cheap, reliable, clean, looks nice, V8 sound/power, comfy, :aintcare:
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:48 am

Because they got an objectively better vehicle... better handling, faster, looks better, more fuel efficient, same interior space... and they already have :truk: covered with the CartelWagen.

I actually think Breh's Tahoe is the best :truk: on DFD... cheap, reliable, clean, looks nice, V8 sound/power, comfy, :aintcare:
You’re derailing the conversation. I was trying to get to the bottom of why seppoku is a factor for the man of the desert when it comes to his woman’s car.

Comes out she enjoys driving the cartelwagen, and he enjoys driving the brown pocket rocket and they swap cars on the regular, which also triangulated why she decided to take out the daughters Aryan steed. This is the biggest DFD news of 2019 to date.

This is riveting information you’re trying to side line with slobbering over a pristine example of the best gm had to offer 20 years ago.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

+1. I specifically searched out there most powerful engine option that' was readily available for my :truk: even though it's just a :derp: mobile with no sporting intentions.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:57 am

You’re derailing the conversation. I was trying to get to the bottom of why seppoku is a factor for the man of the desert when it comes to his woman’s car.

Comes out she enjoys driving the cartelwagen, and he enjoys driving the brown pocket rocket and they swap cars on the regular, which also triangulated why she decided to take out the daughters Aryan steed. This is the biggest DFD news of 2019 to date.

This is riveting information you’re trying to side line with slobbering over a pristine example of the best gm had to offer 20 years ago.
I don't feel like this is really news, unusual, or all that interesting. Just an annoying mistake you move on from. Troy and myself also experienced our :tits: hitting our cars with another one of our own vehicles in the past two years. I myself once hit my parent's Odyssey with their Solara... obviously it sucked and I had to pay them some cashola but then life goes on.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:15 am
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:57 am

I don't feel like this is really news, unusual, or all that interesting. Just an annoying mistake you move on from. Troy and myself also experienced our :tits: hitting our cars with another one of our own vehicles in the past two years. I myself once hit my parent's Odyssey with their Solara... obviously it sucked and I had to pay them some cashola but then life goes on.
The news is that they like to swap cars bruh ? Am I writing in Russian ?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:22 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:13 pm Man between this "Pentastar is supremely adequate" commentary and Max's absolute assertion that an Audi Q5 needs no more power than a baby dick Volkswagen engine can provide, you guys are taking this forum to a dark place. What's next? A thread on crafting cat toys?
I am willing to back up my words :bruh: Q5 is a :tits: mobile it doesn't NEED more power. Period.

You have to sort of place yourself in the FCA shoes, V8 gladiator is going to encroach into the big dick sales of the Mexican RAM. Also the entire "segment" is full of lame ass V6s...

I do think that a V8 "top of the line" version wouldn't hurt.

Also what's this power envy ? 300hp in a 4500lb vehicle is still sufficient. When you are riding on top of the mountain on marshmellow tires with two giant rods connecting all the wheels into a train like suspension system, WTF is the point of laying the hammer down?
I specifically spec'd the V6 in my dads 300, and so far it has been great. That combo is plenty for normal driving. Not everyone appreciates/needs power and it just becomes :wasteful:

when the time comes for the woman to get a newer car (whenever that will be) you bet your ass I will choose the more economical engine. Different strokes for different folks.
The real crime here is the 300 isn't offered with the 2.4L 184 HP tigershark motor. Since there's no need for even V6 power in an old man car. Getting to 60 in 9 seconds is totally fine for driving to the local steakhouse or country club.

I'm with breh on this one. At the prices FCA is asking for these Jeeps, a V8 should be under the hood. I don't think there's anything wrong with the V6, it felt adequate, but adequate is a little odd when you're talking about a $50k pickup truck.
max225

If the tigershart returns better FE for sure. But there is a diminishing return once you go below a certain level. Smaller engines stop making sense. That level is somewhere between tigershart and 3.6
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I would definitely give up my nectar for his

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Saw someone running the bumpers I want from Ace Engineering on their JKU this morning driving on the freeway. Solidified the decision to purchase in my mind.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:09 pm Saw someone running the bumpers I want from Ace Engineering on their JKU this morning driving on the freeway. Solidified the decision to purchase in my mind.
Are you swapping bumpers like some people swap phone cases ?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:21 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:09 pm Saw someone running the bumpers I want from Ace Engineering on their JKU this morning driving on the freeway. Solidified the decision to purchase in my mind.
Are you swapping bumpers like some people swap phone cases ?
Not quite lol. Rear bumper is still stock. Front is a cheap bumper I found on CL after the plastic end cap on my stock one got dented. Dude claimed it was Mopar OEM, but I’m :notsure:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

1. The Tahoe was our first communal purchase....in 2011? At the time she had the CLS550 and I had the GTI. She needed something to transport her dogs in......I wanted a larger 4X4 for summer trips.
Neither of us needed or wanted a fancy new truck/SUV and we still don't. I'm not putting two 80 lb. dogs in a Range Rover or an X5. That's what you do if you're outlandishly rich or outlandishly gay.
This is a big American SUV with WeatherTech throughout....It's meant to haul shit. It is setup like a V8 minivan. The big sway bars are made for the highway, not the trail. The intake and brola muffler give
a nice soft rumble that is pleasing without being over the top. I still like to drive it.

2. Not all women fit into Zhukov's world view. She didn't mind buying half a Chevy, and she doesn't mind driving it. It has served us well over 8 years and 65K miles, and will continue to do so. There is a reason there are still so many GMT800s on the road in rust free states.....they are simple, with an incredibly reliable powertrain......all you gotta do is change the fluids on the reg. I'm coming up on 140K miles . I will change the transmission fluid again at 150K. She likes driving the BMW, but prefers being a passenger in the Tahoe......she spreads various paperwork for wherever we're going all over the fking place like Jodl in the bunker. being stuck in the "cockpit" of the BMW cramps her field general vibe.

:mahman: on the bolded.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That early 2000s 4.8 X5 with the sweet ramz and the super wide tires is an appealing vehicle to me, but otherwise Eurotrash SUV's.......I don't get them.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:52 pm

1. The Tahoe was our first communal purchase....in 2011? At the time she had the CLS550 and I had the GTI. She needed something to transport her dogs in......I wanted a larger 4X4 for summer trips.
Neither of us needed or wanted a fancy new truck/SUV and we still don't. I'm not putting two 80 lb. dogs in a Range Rover or an X5. That's what you do if you're outlandishly rich or outlandishly gay.
This is a big American SUV with WeatherTech throughout....It's meant to haul shit. It is setup like a V8 minivan. The big sway bars are made for the highway, not the trail. The intake and brola muffler give
a nice soft rumble that is pleasing without being over the top. I still like to drive it.

2. Not all women fit into Zhukov's world view. She didn't mind buying half a Chevy, and she doesn't mind driving it. It has served us well over 8 years and 65K miles, and will continue to do so. There is a reason there are still so many GMT800s on the road in rust free states.....they are simple, with an incredibly reliable powertrain......all you gotta do is change the fluids on the reg. I'm coming up on 140K miles . I will change the transmission fluid again at 150K. She likes driving the BMW, but prefers being a passenger in the Tahoe......she spreads various paperwork for wherever we're going all over the fking place like Jodl in the bunker. being stuck in the "cockpit" of the BMW cramps her field general vibe.

What intake do you have? Wouldn't mind some extra noise in my truck. It's so fucking silent.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 pm

What intake do you have? Wouldn't mind some extra noise in my truck. It's so fucking silent.
AFE. Truck also has a Black Bear Toon......I had the guy tune it for 89. Tow/Haul mode has been switched to "Sport" mode which is pretty handy when you want to stay in the left lane over variable grades....it does need a couple more gears. It's still a bus but the changes have made it more enjoyable to drive over the years.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:03 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 pm

AFE. Truck also has a Black Bear Toon......I had the guy tune it for 89. Tow/Haul mode has been switched to "Sport" mode which is pretty handy when you want to stay in the left lane over variable grades....it does need a couple more gears. It's still a bus but the changes have made it more enjoyable to drive over the years.
I'll check it out thanks. You don't like the cruise control dropping to the lowest possible gear and screaming at 5500rpm as soon as you drop 2mph?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:03 pm

I'll check it out thanks. You don't like the cruise control dropping to the lowest possible gear and screaming at 5500rpm as soon as you drop 2mph?
Exactly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:17 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:15 am

The news is that they like to swap cars bruh ? Am I writing in Russian ?
:iono: why this is unusual, married people :doit: all of the time.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Exactly.
My truck is plenty powerful it just needs 3.73s instead of 3.42s
max225

:themoreyouknow:

It all makes sense. I am surprised someone wielding something as mighty as a CLS550 would want to be seen in a GMT800 :truk: but that is in an :impressive: automotive range! While some may see this as some kind of undermining I actually was quite curious in the thought process behind all of it, and it makes sense! Thanks for actually explaining vs going full :rage: :triggered: :wrong: DFD style meltdown to a mere curiosity of how your household is setup.

So you two share all finances now? I.E you bought half the brown sled?