Official Watchu Streaming: NetazonluB.O. #netflix

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

wap wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:52 pm No idea how you guys made it this long. I couldn't even last to the conclusion of the negan storyline. Dropped it midway through that season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Probably because it's just a habit now. TBH, Mrs started talking about being done with it since last season. She stopped watching Talking Dead prior to last season. So she'd agree with you.
Once a show starts intentionally screwing with the audience it just loses me. The Glenn dumpster fake out was awful. There were more but I can't remember right now. However, I do remember being totally :disgust: with the writing and characters in the later seasons though.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Signed up for Disney+ this morning and installed it on the Shield.

So far looks :neat:

The content is questionable today but bound to get better. The Mandalorian looks good from watching the opening scene.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am Signed up for Disney+ this morning and installed it on the Shield.

The content is questionable today but bound to get better. The Mandalorian looks good from watching the opening scene.
We ran in to a couple streaming errors this morning, but those should get worked out as the service matures.

I am looking forward to watching the Mandalorian.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Signed up for Disney+ this morning and installed it on the Shield.

Heard the first episode was good but only 36 or so minutes. Kinda disappointing. Hopefully the rest aren't that short.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:26 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:Signed up for Disney+ this morning and installed it on the Shield.

Heard the first episode was good but only 36 or so minutes. Kinda disappointing. Hopefully the rest aren't that short.

Haven't checked the length, but I don't care for the fact that it is scheduled like a regular TV show. We prefer to binge shows like that and Netflix makes it so nice since they release all episodes of a season on the same day.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:26 am Heard the first episode was good but only 36 or so minutes. Kinda disappointing. Hopefully the rest aren't that short.

Haven't checked the length, but I don't care for the fact that it is scheduled like a regular TV show. We prefer to binge shows like that and Netflix makes it so nice since they release all episodes of a season on the same day.
I prefer the binge release too. Waiting week to week is annoying. For some shows I'll wait till the season is over and then binge it. That's what I'm doing now for mr robot.

Could go full :scrooge: and wait for mandalorian to finish and then sign up for the free 7 day trial.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
I prefer the binge release too. Waiting week to week is annoying. For some shows I'll wait till the season is over and then binge it. That's what I'm doing now for mr robot.

Could go full :scrooge: and wait for mandalorian to finish and then sign up for the free 7 day trial.

We're doing the same with Mr. Robot and a couple others. :)

I debated not signing up and just grabbing The Mandalorian from "other sources", but for $69/yr I figured I'll give it a shot.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Interesting. Wife signed up for Disney+ for the movies and shit, I just :rolleyes:

What good stuff is on there?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:53 am Interesting. Wife signed up for Disney+ for the movies and shit, I just :rolleyes:

Star Wars. :nerd:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:53 am Interesting. Wife signed up for Disney+ for the movies and shit, I just :rolleyes:

Star Wars. :nerd:
Seen it all, and don't really have a strong desire to rewatch it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am I prefer the binge release too. Waiting week to week is annoying. For some shows I'll wait till the season is over and then binge it. That's what I'm doing now for mr robot.

I debated not signing up and just grabbing The Mandalorian from "other sources", but for $69/yr I figured I'll give it a shot.
There's that too. Imageol: I do that for most movies and just play them through my PS4.

It's really a good :dill: though. Especially for 4K HDR and 4 concurrent streams. I'll sign up eventually.
Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 pm Star Wars. :nerd:
Seen it all, and don't really have a strong desire to rewatch it.
Lots of stuff.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/14/209 ... geographic

ChrisoftheNorth

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:04 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

There's that too. Imageol: I do that for most movies and just play them through my PS4.

It's really a good :dill: though. Especially for 4K HDR and 4 concurrent streams. I'll sign up eventually.
Detroit wrote: Seen it all, and don't really have a strong desire to rewatch it.
Lots of stuff.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/14/209 ... geographic

:notbad:

Might have to watch some things tonight.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Living With Yourself was good.

Almost done rewatching Breaking Bad. Never saw Better Call Saul, so I’ll do that next and then finally watch El Camino.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am Signed up for Disney+ this morning and installed it on the Shield.

im going to try to install and sling to a chromecast. Highly considering buying a dedicated stream box. The sony bluray wont stream in 4k which is real :flaccid:

obviously you use nvidia. You still like it?
Apex

Mandalorian first episode was :neat:

Now watching Free Solo, documentary in HD.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 am
wap wrote:
Probably because it's just a habit now. TBH, Mrs started talking about being done with it since last season. She stopped watching Talking Dead prior to last season. So she'd agree with you.
Once a show starts intentionally screwing with the audience it just loses me. The Glenn dumpster fake out was awful. There were more but I can't remember right now. However, I do remember being totally :disgust: with the writing and characters in the later seasons though.

Agreed.

And yes, it's to the point now where it seems like the writers are putting things in just to put things in and not for any plausible reason within the confines of the story arc. Recent example is the falling satellite debris. Like what are the odds that a broken up satellite would fall exactly on their tiny piece of the planet? :yeahok:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 am Once a show starts intentionally screwing with the audience it just loses me. The Glenn dumpster fake out was awful. There were more but I can't remember right now. However, I do remember being totally :disgust: with the writing and characters in the later seasons though.

Agreed.

And yes, it's to the point now where it seems like the writers are putting things in just to put things in and not for any plausible reason within the confines of the story arc. Recent example is the falling satellite debris. Like what are the odds that a broken up satellite would fall exactly on their tiny piece of the planet? :yeahok:

Is that a serious storyline?

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:29 pm

im going to try to install and sling to a chromecast. Highly considering buying a dedicated stream box. The sony bluray wont stream in 4k which is real :flaccid:

obviously you use nvidia. You still like it?
It is the best player out there, but don't trust me. Checkout all the reviews. Two new versions just came out too, one in the traditional form factor and one in a "tube" like a stick.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

heads up, I'm pretty sure Hulu is now free with Sprint unlimited plans
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 pm heads up, I'm pretty sure Hulu is now free with Sprint unlimited plans
Yeah, but who uses Sprint? Lookout! Hulu accounts just surged by 34 new members!!

:hue:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm
Irish wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:04 pm

It will never recapture it's heyday....when I loved it.......but I still like it....though the writing still pisses me off sometimes.....
Agreed. Mrs and I have all but decided to give up after this season unless there is a :mindblown: cliff hanger at the end. We've already given up on Fear TWD.
I hated the Glen dumpster fake out...... but I thought the episode he bought it in was some of the best television i have ever watched......

I almost bailed out after the Atlanta 4 had umpteen chances to kill Negan but never did. It was lazy writing and they dragged that on waaaay too long only to end up keeping him as a pet There is no way that anyone who was in that clearing would sit for keeping him alive. Especially Maggie.

The new showrunner and characters introduced last season have given it some new life, but its a markedly different show now....almost a spin off of itself and I have ceased caring very much even about the original characters (Carol and Daryl) .....

Never got into Fear....I hated the husband and the kid......though I'd love to get up to some Dickens with Kim Dickens......
Last edited by Irish on Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 pm heads up, I'm pretty sure Hulu is now free with Sprint unlimited plans
Yeah, but who uses Sprint? Lookout! Hulu accounts just surged by 34 new members!!

:howdareu:

I'll just take my 30 dollar unlimited plan and free Hulu and cry myself to sleep
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:28 pm
wap wrote:
Agreed.

Is that a serious storyline?

Yep. Throughout the episode a few weeks ago various characters would hear a sonic boom, look up and see satellite debris streaking across the sky. Miraculously the debris landed in the woods nearby igniting a yuuge fire that everyone banded together to put out. Bucket brigade to put out a forest fire? :yeahok: And, of course, walkers suddenly showed up so they could then have a bunch of burning zombies wandering around because, you know, it looks cool. :rolleyes:
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:28 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Agreed. Mrs and I have all but decided to give up after this season unless there is a :mindblown: cliff hanger at the end. We've already given up on Fear TWD.
I hated the Glen dumpster fake out...... but I thought the episode he bought it in was some of the best television i have ever watched......

I almost bailed out after the Atlanta 4 had umpteen chances to kill Negan but never did. It was lazy writing and they dragged that on waaaay too long only to end up keeping him as a pet There is no way that anyone who was in that clearing would sit for keeping him alive. Especially Maggie.

The new showrunner and characters introduced last season have given it some new life, but its a markedly different show now....almost a spin off of itself and I have ceased caring very much even about the original characters (Carol and Daryl) .....

Never got into Fear....I hated the husband and the kid......though I'd love to get up to some Dickens with Kim Dickens......
Agreed on all counts. And the kid on fear, :disgust: I hated that character.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:30 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 pm

:howdareu:

I'll just take my 30 dollar unlimited plan and free Hulu and cry myself to sleep
How's that working BTW? Still highly considering ditching Fi for this...it's a much better deal and my Fi service seems to be on Sprint all the time anyway.