OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:51 pm You guys are disgusting pigs. :fancy:

:trollface:

One thing I am very particular on is food prep and cleanliness. This is why I almost never eat out unless it's at a place that I know has excellent ratings from the health board.

What drives me insane? Seeing someone prepare a sandwich on the counter top in their home w/o using a paper towel or cutting board, or plate... just slap the bread down on the counter with some 40 year old black grout that used to be "antique white" and go to town.

:gag:
Yeah that’s a no from me dawg. Food prepped at home is always on a cutting board, plate, or paper towel.. I hold myself to higher standards than I hold fast food establishments to. They’re serving me trash, so if it’s prepped in trash, well I kinda have that coming..
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:51 pm You guys are disgusting pigs. :fancy:

One thing I am very particular on is food prep and cleanliness. This is why I almost never eat out unless it's at a place that I know has excellent ratings from the health board.

What drives me insane? Seeing someone prepare a sandwich on the counter top in their home w/o using a paper towel or cutting board, or plate... just slap the bread down on the counter with some 40 year old black grout that used to be "antique white" and go to town.

Yeah that’s a no from me dawg. Food prepped at home is always on a cutting board, plate, or paper towel.. I hold myself to higher standards than I hold fast food establishments to. They’re serving me trash, so if it’s prepped in trash, well I kinda have that coming..
:dat: :dat: :dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:50 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:46 am Popeyes cheat meal last night. :fatty: three piece spicy tenders meal, Mac and cheese as my side, plus a chicken sandwich. I was a little bummed that the sandwich wasn’t spicy like I’d ordered and that they forgot to give me my blackened ranch to dip the tendies in, but they made up for it by giving me a fourth tendie.

There’s one opening around the corner from me, walking distance. That’s going to be dangerous.
I guess if you're going to eat there, now is the time since everyone is on high alert.

http://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/p ... trash-can/

My chicken sandwich was pretty good
max225

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:28 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:50 am

I guess if you're going to eat there, now is the time since everyone is on high alert.

http://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/p ... trash-can/

I don't get it. People are all :triggered: over this thing. It's a fucking chicken sandwich.

Plus, all the Popeyes in my area are in Detroit. There's a better chance of being stabbed before getting to try the sandwich.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm I don't get it. People are all :triggered: over this thing. It's a fucking chicken sandwich.
:dat:

I don't see a need to add bread to breaded chicken anyway. Also Popeye's is no better than the rest of the chicken places. They're all slightly different flavors of the same thing - certainly a tasty thing :doe:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm

I don't get it. People are all :triggered: over this thing. It's a fucking chicken sandwich.

Plus, all the Popeyes in my area are in Detroit. There's a better chance of being stabbed before getting to try the sandwich.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

People have literally SHOT one another over a Popeye’s sandwich.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:45 pm

ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 pm

People have literally SHOT one another over a Popeye’s sandwich.
I'd be one of them I'm sure.

:butwhy:
SAWCE

Its a damn good sandwich, but not worth shooting/getting shot over. Like Troy said, all the chicken places are kind of the same, just slightly different flavors. I happen to like Popeye’s flavor the best. Smokes KFC and Churches in my book. Runner up for me is Shake Shack’s chicken sandwich; it is also very good.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm I don't get it. People are all :triggered: over this thing. It's a fucking chicken sandwich.

I don't see a need to add bread to breaded chicken anyway. Also Popeye's is no better than the rest of the chicken places. They're all slightly different flavors of the same thing - certainly a tasty thing :doe:
:dat: :dat: :dat:

We have a Gus's Fried Chicken by us that's my favorite of them all. Not "fast food" like the others, but absolutely worth the wait.
max225

My first attempt there was a line of 40 People, so I just went to another place ... second attempt I was in and out in 2 min. With 2 sammiches which were quite good
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:55 pm My first attempt there was a line of 40 People, so I just went to another place ... second attempt I was in and out in 2 min. With 2 sammiches which were quite good
Drive thru had a huge line last night so we walked in. 3-4 people in front of us, took maybe 10 minutes to get to the register and order and another 2-3 minutes to get out food. I’ve wasted 15 minutes on much less fulfilling stuff before.
max225

Renting a GLC for Maui... lets see how much I like this :aintcare: lyfestyle.. GLC 43 Amg is on top of my list for fun DD. Obviously not renting that one but some "300" most likely.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am
wap wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:11 am We had 3.4" of snow yesterday and it was 8 degrees when I woke up this morning. Didn't wear gloves :doe: :aintcare:
We got an incredible 8" of snow...it started overnight on Sunday and didn't stop until overnight last night...24 hours of continuous snow. Pretty wild for this early in the season.

It was 18 this morning...getting down to 8 tonight. I also didn't wear gloves today and don't plan on it.

Did use the heated steering wheel in my :truk: :doe:

:triggered: :aintcare:
Whoa :dedong: amount of snow this early is :mindblown:

:fuckyeah: #teamnogloves

I do wear gloves when shoveling snow, :doe: , and mittens if it's brutally cold.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

None of this bothers me in the least.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

You think too much. If you think......you're dead.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:55 am

I got a sandwich doe...
Sorry just trying to get my post count up, it's more important than anything else

realistically, im in a mood for Mac and cheese now.
CFA Mac n cheese is DANK
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:23 pm You think too much. If you think......you're dead.
:notbad: Maverick.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:21 pm

:doomed: :hibachi: :gag: :nevermind:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:dat:.

I keep a clean house to begin with so the odd dropped thing won't bother me
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:02 pm

:dat:.

I keep a clean house to begin with so the odd dropped thing won't bother me
List of people to decline invitations to dinner from is getting longer.....

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

My quartz countertops are almost 100% non-porous and are thus highly rated by the National Sanitation Foundation, iirc, because bacteria has almost nowhere to grow. A simple occasional wipe down with a soapy sponge,k or vinegar, or even a bit of Windex keeps it plenty clean.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

People use countertops as cooking/prepping surfaces :wat:

:themoreyouknow:

Brb marinating my chicken in the sink
Last edited by max225 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.