2019 :Plac: List! - Plac Friday Approaches.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:29 pm
max225 wrote:
You can keep it in your pocket, You don't have to put it in.
TWSS
:bravo:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 am
wap wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 am

interesting. On hers you can adjust the following distance. :notbad:
i can see where it wouldn't be that useful during a morning commute in typical rush hour traffic :doe:
Yeah, they allow you to adjust the following distance but all are too far for a traffic commute. The thing is, everyone in the magazine reviews raves about it with full stop/go, but they must be the type that leaves a 10 car gap in the commute and makes everyone behind them :rage:
This never ceases to amaze me.....

10 car lengths is a REASONABLE following distance at 70-80 mph.
Any closer means tragedy if the car in front slams on brakes/hits a deer/has a blow out.
Furthermore, 10 car lengths is like a second or two behind at those speeds. A second or two. Get a grip people.

I am blown away that people that can afford the kinds of cars I see on my commute can't do the :math: and figure out that they are not able to save any significant time on a 10 mile commute on full highways.

The difference in arrival time between an average of 60 mph and 70 mph is 1.43 minutes.

Even on a longer commute (say 30 miles), you need to increase your average speed by 20% in order to save 5 minutes. So 60 to 72 mph..... Good luck with that unless you live and work right on the highway.
Lights, stop signs, pedestrians, school buses, etc (around town and on on the back roads) severely equalize average speed around town.
SO you likely actually have to increase your average highway speed from 60 to 80 to compensate.
This is next to impossible on congested highways.

There is a section on my commute outside Harrisburg where the driving is quite aggressive for the area.
People weaving in and out/cutting people off and what not. I cant even count how often I will catch up to these neanderthals further up the road when the road introduces stop lights.

For all their :trigger: :derp: behavior, they just cant save very much time on full roads over relatively short distances.

/Rant
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Yeah, they allow you to adjust the following distance but all are too far for a traffic commute. The thing is, everyone in the magazine reviews raves about it with full stop/go, but they must be the type that leaves a 10 car gap in the commute and makes everyone behind them :rage:

Any closer means tragedy if the car in front slams on brakes/hits a deer/has a blow out.
Furthermore, 10 car lengths is like a second or two behind at those speeds. A second or two. Get a grip people.

I am blown away that people that can afford the kinds of cars I see on my commute can't do the :math: and figure out that they are not able to save any significant time on a 10 mile commute on full highways.

The difference in arrival time between an average of 60 mph and 70 mph is 1.43 minutes.

Even on a longer commute (say 30 miles), you need to increase your average speed by 20% in order to save 5 minutes. So 60 to 72 mph..... Good luck with that unless you live and work right on the highway.
Lights, stop signs, pedestrians, school buses, etc (around town and on on the back roads) severely equalize average speed around town.
SO you likely actually have to increase your average highway speed from 60 to 80 to compensate.

There is a section on my commute outside Harrisburg where the driving is quite aggressive for the area.
People weaving in and out/cutting people off and what not. I cant even count how often I will catch up to these neanderthals further up the road when the road introduces stop lights.

For all their :trigger: :derp: behavior, they just cant save very much time on full roads over relatively short distances.

/Rant
There are some issues with said rant, while I don’t disagree. Here if you leave too much space, cars will overtake on right and cut you off and take out your gap as is. Etc

Driving really varies by state/city nation. Really fascinating actually which is why I try to drive in every country.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

/Rant
Please note I said commute, and traffic.

Maybe you don't have anything like Bay area traffic, but we regularly have 0-20 mph commutes for many miles. Leaving a gap like that just might get you pulled out of your car and beat to shit by some moron that has nothing to lose. Or worse.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

/Rant
I can save times on back roads if it wasn't for all the retards who have now discovered them and don't have the ability to judge vehicle widths and negotiate curves. The result is getting stuck behind someone who avoids highway traffic by doing 10 under and slamming on their brakes every time a vehicle approaches in the opposing lane or the road exhibits any modicum of a bend.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

:mk6: :nuke: :truk: :math: :troywax:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:36 pm :mk6: :nuke: :truk: :math: :troywax:
:hibachi:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:ohdang:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Apex wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 pm
GTI needs the bumper fixed and painted. Front and rear brakes coming up, Left front strut mount is failing, I need new winter tires and am starting to get a bit of clutch slippage.

Decided to throw that cash at a 2020 Taco TRD Off Road. Cement. 14% off MSRP. 75% residual on the brand new 20s (15k miles/36 months) and a good enough MF makes the payment less than a 19. Acceptable trade number given the condition and a :notbad: :dill: from an old acquaintance makes this doable.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm

GTI needs the bumper fixed and painted. Front and rear brakes coming up, Left front strut mount is failing, I need new winter tires and am starting to get a bit of clutch slippage.

Decided to throw that cash at a 2020 Taco TRD Off Road. Cement. 14% off MSRP. 75% residual on the brand new 20s (15k miles/36 months) and a good enough MF makes the payment less than a 19. Acceptable trade number given the condition and a :notbad: :dill: from an old acquaintance makes this doable.
:truckyeah:

Awesome dude! Cement is an awesome color.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:truk: :truk: :truk: :truk: :truk:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:plac:
max225

We’re sick ! And congrats :fuckyeah: post up pics please. What were the stats on the gti? Years miles etc
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pmGTI needs the bumper fixed and painted. Front and rear brakes coming up, Left front strut mount is failing, I need new winter tires and am starting to get a bit of clutch slippage.

:nice: :popcorn:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

fledonfoot wrote:
Apex wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 pm :ohdang:

From outta nowhere!

:plac:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Kind of neat to have a Taco on here now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm GTI needs the bumper fixed and painted. Front and rear brakes coming up, Left front strut mount is failing, I need new winter tires and am starting to get a bit of clutch slippage.

Wait...seems you have an AP you won't be needing anymore. :evilplan:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

coogles wrote:
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm GTI needs the bumper fixed and painted. Front and rear brakes coming up, Left front strut mount is failing, I need new winter tires and am starting to get a bit of clutch slippage.

Wait...seems you have an AP you won't be needing anymore. :evilplan:
:burnout:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

We need pics of the new :boxodicks: hauler
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:09 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 am :ohdang:

Kind of neat to have a Taco on here now.
Well, we had one.

But :sass: about drum brakes seems to have made him :nope out. :sad: !
We've had a few here and there, but they never seem to stick around.

I personally can't understand why anyone would get one EXCEPT in Fled's case. Makes perfect sense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

I love Tacomas. I'd get one over any of the small truck options. :wrong:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:11 am

I personally can't understand why anyone would get one EXCEPT in Fled's case. Makes perfect sense.
I just don't fit in them. I like them, but my long legs don't work with Japanese vehicles apparently.
Headroom was an issue for me, but they addressed that with the 2019 models by lowering the seat a bit
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:43 am I love Tacomas. I'd get one over any of the small truck options. :wrong:
:dat: they are 15/20k cheaper than a comparable gladiator. Have near 0 depreciation and look pretty damn good.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:11 am

I just don't fit in them. I like them, but my long legs don't work with Japanese vehicles apparently.
:dat: is my issue. Why have a vehicle that size that I can't fit in?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

At least Toyota is waking up on their tech, the 2020 Taco has Carplay and Android Auto now.

I just wish they had a good steering wheel and hopefully the interior fabric meets the quality of the price of the trucks.