Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm It'll be 32F here tomorrow morning. :disgust:
:ohdang:

It's not that cold here yet.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm It'll be 32F here tomorrow morning. :disgust:

October - May = Winter
June = Spring
July - August = Summer
September = Fall
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:36 pm
Detroit wrote:

October - May = Winter
June = Spring
July - August = Summer
September = Fall
:dat:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

It was 37 here this morning. Blech.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

:jeep: :truk: :truckyeah:

That white one on the left was FILTHY. Dude had a good weekend. Really like the String Gray next to mine..was my #2 color.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And that Sting Gray one is equipped exactly like mine, only has a soft top. Dude ordered nearly the cheapest Rubicon. Twins. :wub:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:14 pm :jeep: :truk: :truckyeah:

That white one on the left was FILTHY. Dude had a good weekend. Really like the String Gray next to mine..was my #2 color.
Man that's kind of :fuckyeah: and : :disappoint: at the same time, when everyone has the same vehicle. Hard to stand out... but you work at FCA, so that makes sense.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:fuckyeah:

this :bread: makes mah jimmies tingle. That grey looks great and has the right top.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Man that's kind of :fuckyeah: and : :disappoint: at the same time, when everyone has the same vehicle. Hard to stand out... but you work at FCA, so that makes sense.
These guys just happened to be parked together when I was looking for a spot. Pretty neat. There aren't a ton of Gladiators...and very few if any Orange ones like mine.

I get comments CONSTANTLY when driving around. People loving the Orange, or just the look overall. It still seems to stand out well among the masses.

Now, the JL Wagen...you can see exact replicas of those regularly. That thing barely stands out around here, but :tits: loves it so :aintcare:

I did drive it a bit this weekend, and the 2.0T felt like :stig: compared to my 3.6 Gladiator. My dad is taking delivery of his 2-door this week, that thing should feel :plaid: by comparison.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:28 pm

:fuckyeah:

this :bread: makes mah jimmies tingle. That grey looks great and has the right top.
The gray looks awesome. Certainly my #2 or #3 choice. I saw a Hydro blue engineering truck that rivals Sting Gray as my runner-up color. Punk'n Orange is far and away my favorite :doe: Zero color ragerts.

I too would have gone for a soft top if I lived where you do...and if my wife wasn't going to divorce me over it. She HATES the way the soft top looks when "open".

I have the freedom panels off my truck daily...they're really awesome. Will probably pick up a sunrider for hard top in the spring.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:33 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:27 pm

These guys just happened to be parked together when I was looking for a spot. Pretty neat. There aren't a ton of Gladiators...and very few if any Orange ones like mine.

I get comments CONSTANTLY when driving around. People loving the Orange, or just the look overall. It still seems to stand out well among the masses.

Now, the JL Wagen...you can see exact replicas of those regularly. That thing barely stands out around here, but :tits: loves it so :aintcare:

I did drive it a bit this weekend, and the 2.0T felt like :stig: compared to my 3.6 Gladiator. My dad is taking delivery of his 2-door this week, that thing should feel :plaid: by comparison.
jl wagen is epic they are sort of rare. I am a bit surprised, but I don't see THAT many JLs out here and let alone JTs.

Considering that they are the best (or 2nd best) selling jeep... I was expecting more but this may be unique to Cali, as we're @$4 a gallon.
When is the JLU getting fixed? Curious about your experience in the heartland... our Service here is terribad ...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:43 pm

jl wagen is epic they are sort of rare. I am a bit surprised, but I don't see THAT many JLs out here and let alone JTs.

Considering that they are the best (or 2nd best) selling jeep... I was expecting more but this may be unique to Cali, as we're @$4 a gallon.
When is the JLU getting fixed? Curious about your experience in the heartland... our Service here is terribad ...
Out here, JL Wagens are everywhere...especially in white. Ours is a bit unique with the updated wheels, towing, and LSD rear, but you can't immediately see most of those when they're driving around.

Closest apt I could get for the JL is Friday at the dealer I pass every day. The dealer we bought it from is a few miles out of the way for me.

I don't have high hopes. My experiences with FCA :dillerman: so far has not been great. I just hope they can fix the heated seat with minimal issue. If it becomes a problem, that thing is going to be :plac: 'd before the snow flies. Heated items are :tits: #1 priority in a vehicle.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Out here, JL Wagens are everywhere...especially in white. Ours is a bit unique with the updated wheels, towing, and LSD rear, but you can't immediately see most of those when they're driving around.

Closest apt I could get for the JL is Friday at the dealer I pass every day. The dealer we bought it from is a few miles out of the way for me.

I don't have high hopes. My experiences with FCA :dillerman: so far has not been great. I just hope they can fix the heated seat with minimal issue. If it becomes a problem, that thing is going to be :plac: 'd before the snow flies. Heated items are :tits: #1 priority in a vehicle.
Is she taking it in or you?
Loaner?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Loaner?
I'm taking it in. When something like this happens she goes to straight :pout: "fix it NOW" mode. :rolleyes:

ALL Wranglers are part of "Jeep Wave" which includes a guaranteed loaner for warranty work. So at least she'll have something to roll in while it's getting fixed.

The good news is that the feature is full blown broken. No intermittent "could not replicate" :bs: to worry about. I think it's as simple as a pinched wire shorting out or something somewhere, but I don't have the time to dig into it right now.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:56 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Loaner?
I'm taking it in. When something like this happens she goes to straight :pout: "fix it NOW" mode. :rolleyes:

ALL Wranglers are part of "Jeep Wave" which includes a guaranteed loaner for warranty work. So at least she'll have something to roll in while it's getting fixed.

The good news is that the feature is full blown broken. No intermittent "could not replicate" :bs: to worry about. I think it's as simple as a pinched wire shorting out or something somewhere, but I don't have the time to dig into it right now.
That's nice ! Curious to see how they will handle it. Seems like it is pretty easy.. as opposed to this...
I wonder :wtf: happened to these guys... also it seemed like they "fixed" everything with software which is quite scary... wonder what triggered the fault.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Weird. I see a JT daily now and 20+ JLU. Two doors are rare through.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 pm

I've only noticed 2 JTs, but the JLs are everywhere in the Bay Area. Maybe Max isn't seeing them because when you are driving one yourself and get the waves you notice them more. ?? :iono:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 pm

I've only noticed 2 JTs, but the JLs are everywhere in the Bay Area. Maybe Max isn't seeing them because when you are driving one yourself and get the waves you notice them more. ?? :iono:
They are out there but not as frequent as I’d expect. I see 15/20 model 3s to 1 JL. And they sell around the same volume ...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:47 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm

They are out there but not as frequent as I’d expect. I see 15/20 model 3s to 1 JL. And they sell around the same volume ...
Same volume but all the :amir: around here need a model 3 and the concentration is much higher here than anywhere else. I see maybe 50 Tesla's on my 150 mile round trip commute.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tesla's can't be sold in MI, so they're really few and far between here. People have to buy them 3 hours away in Cleveland and drive them to near empty on the way home. There's a number of people in my hood that are 100% Tesla (Model S, 3, X in the same garage), but I'm in a liberal leaning area.

I see FAR more :jeep: things from Wranglers to Gladiators. They're everywhere here, but that's likely in large part due to HQ being here.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

So what happened to :pout: heated seat :Rita: :rage: :jeep: :bee beep:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 am So what happened to :pout: heated seat :Rita: :rage: :jeep: :bee beep:
Dunno...have an apt to take it in on Friday. We'll see.

We've been carpooling in the Gladiator the past few days, which has perfectly working heated seats.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:48 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:44 am So what happened to :pout: heated seat :Rita: :rage: :jeep: :bee beep:

We've been carpooling in the Gladiator the past few days, which has perfectly working heated seats.
Was :tits: all :pout: :sass: or was she like :fuckyeah: bee beep truck
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:48 am

Was :tits: all :pout: :sass: or was she like :fuckyeah: bee beep truck
I give her the choice every morning if she wants to ride with me to work or not. She choses to ride with me in the truck, but doesn't mention it. The heated seat works, and that's all she cares about.

I want to drive my truck because the lease is unlimited miles with $0 deductible insurance. If something happens, I want it to be to my truck and not her JL Wagen. Keeping the miles low on hers only helps its value in the future. PLUS more miles on mine decreases the sale price if I want to buy it at the end. Win/win...I want to take my truck everywhere for the year.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 am Tesla's can't be sold in MI, so they're really few and far between here. People have to buy them 3 hours away in Cleveland and drive them to near empty on the way home. There's a number of people in my hood that are 100% Tesla (Model S, 3, X in the same garage), but I'm in a liberal leaning area.

I see FAR more :jeep: things from Wranglers to Gladiators. They're everywhere here, but that's likely in large part due to HQ being here.
We have a couple of Tesla stores here in Charlotte, but I still see about 20 JL per one Tesla :thisisfine:

Teslas are about as common as C5s here.