OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 am It's a race? Like pedal faster race?
Issa race.

120 miles, 9k feet of elevation gain, gravel and glory.

https://www.unpavedpennsylvania.com/upl ... ebible.pdf
Dang. That’s a race.

Rusty Rail in Mifflinburg is allegedly tasty beer. Never been myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Bells View and Vista Point.... pepper your angus. Hell of a climb to get there but the views are awesome. Worth taking a minute.

Gotta love that 15 mile long climb right out the gate too. This is PA gravel. I rode a lot of that shit a year ago. You'll want every bit of tire you can get. I suggest being in the drops on the descents. Its rowdy terrain. And basically zero cell coverage. This is the kind of riding I love.
Spent my college career doing all the climbs out there. Angus is peppered as can be.

I'll be running 38C Ramblers - will be fast enough on the fast stuff, and enough to get me through the chunkier stuff. And I'm always in the drops on descents.
:mahman:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:44 pm

:mahman:
:dock:

I'm about as ready as I'm gonna get for this. Weather looks decent, just gotta dial in the bike tonight after work.

Only thing I'm really concerned about is just making sure I eat right leading up to it. Too lean on the carbs and I'm gonna bonk out.

I'd wager my bodyfat percentage is in the 6-8% range right now.
Fucking shredded. I miss being under 10%. Still relatively lean though for how much weight I’ve gained this year.

If you use Gatorade for carbs at all pre/during the race, they use different types of sugars for the pre-bottled ones so that they stay good on the shelf in the liquid. If you buy powdered Gatorade, the sugar in there passes through your stomach lining easier and gets to your bloodstream faster for quicker energy and less stomach discomfort. I use it during all of my workouts and never feel weighed down or bloated from it. Karbolyn is a good replacement for that as well, or if you can find a cluster/highly branched cyclic dextrin supplement area a local shop or buy on amazon real quick that passes through even better than the Gatorade.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Bells View and Vista Point.... pepper your angus. Hell of a climb to get there but the views are awesome. Worth taking a minute.

Gotta love that 15 mile long climb right out the gate too. This is PA gravel. I rode a lot of that shit a year ago. You'll want every bit of tire you can get. I suggest being in the drops on the descents. Its rowdy terrain. And basically zero cell coverage. This is the kind of riding I love.
Spent my college career doing all the climbs out there. Angus is peppered as can be.

I'll be running 38C Ramblers - will be fast enough on the fast stuff, and enough to get me through the chunkier stuff. And I'm always in the drops on descents.
That's amazing man, good luck!
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:04 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:52 pm

:dock:

I'm about as ready as I'm gonna get for this. Weather looks decent, just gotta dial in the bike tonight after work.

Only thing I'm really concerned about is just making sure I eat right leading up to it. Too lean on the carbs and I'm gonna bonk out.

I'd wager my bodyfat percentage is in the 6-8% range right now.
Fucking shredded. I miss being under 10%. Still relatively lean though for how much weight I’ve gained this year.

If you use Gatorade for carbs at all pre/during the race, they use different types of sugars for the pre-bottled ones so that they stay good on the shelf in the liquid. If you buy powdered Gatorade, the sugar in there passes through your stomach lining easier and gets to your bloodstream faster for quicker energy and less stomach discomfort. I use it during all of my workouts and never feel weighed down or bloated from it. Karbolyn is a good replacement for that as well, or if you can find a cluster/highly branched cyclic dextrin supplement area a local shop or buy on amazon real quick that passes through even better than the Gatorade.
Thoughts on dried fruit as go-fuel while exercising? I tend to use dried mangoes.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Thoughts on dried fruit as go-fuel while exercising? I tend to use dried mangoes.
Also a good call. Just lean towards fruits that are lower in fructose. Mango should be.. bananas, pineapples, berries, any of the “stone” fruits.

Fructose gets broken down by and then replenishes your liver glycogen rather than glycogen that is stored in your muscles like other sugars do. It’s still a monosaccharide so it should break down fast, but your body just processes it differently for whatever reason.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm

I used to use powdered Gatorade, but I've actually switched to Nuun for electrolytes/hydration, and I use Shot Bloks for energy/electrolytes as well.
:nice:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Also a good call. Just lean towards fruits that are lower in fructose. Mango should be.. bananas, pineapples, berries, any of the “stone” fruits.

Fructose gets broken down by and then replenishes your liver glycogen rather than glycogen that is stored in your muscles like other sugars do. It’s still a monosaccharide so it should break down fast, but your body just processes it differently for whatever reason.
Thanks buddy
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks buddy
You got it!
SAWCE

Had that 1 on 1 with my boss today.. minimal :doomed:

Overall he’s happy with my development and how quickly I picked everything up. Told me he doesn’t plan on being in his position for more than the next few years before either moving up in the company or leaving if moving up doesn’t happen on his timeline. He wants to groom me to take his place when he goes. Pretty cool. Only feedback he had that he wants to see me improve/change is taking more risks. Gave me some things he wants me to start doing to prepare to be a supervisor in the department and said he’d come up with some trainings and other stuff for me too. 5/7.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:55 pm Had that 1 on 1 with my boss today.. minimal :doomed:

Overall he’s happy with my development and how quickly I picked everything up. Told me he doesn’t plan on being in his position for more than the next few years before either moving up in the company or leaving if moving up doesn’t happen on his timeline. He wants to groom me to take his place when he goes. Pretty cool. Only feedback he had that he wants to see me improve/change is taking more risks. Gave me some things he wants me to start doing to prepare to be a supervisor in the department and said he’d come up with some trainings and other stuff for me too. 5/7.
:nice:

Congrats on the good news. Hope it works out!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:55 pm Had that 1 on 1 with my boss today.. minimal :doomed:

That's awesome B.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Thanks guys! I’m always anxious about meeting with supervisors/managers, so it was definitely nice to get the positive feedback today. About to hit my 6 month mark at this gig.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:30 am Thanks guys! I’m always anxious about meeting with supervisors/managers, so it was definitely nice to get the positive feedback today. About to hit my 6 month mark at this gig.
That's awesome man. Great news!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Woke up at 5 because :baby: 77 degrees out.

Woke up at 8:30 because :baby: and it’s 52 degrees out. FUCK YEAH
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I could do :baby: sleep schedule.

I’m real pumped about this weather though. Fall is my favorite season.

razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nakenyon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:24 am I could do :baby: sleep schedule.

Three hours at 1 month old is a blessing bro
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

That's pretty :fuckyeah: !
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:57 pm
:lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:lolol:

Also, C8 is a beast, I want it! It is utterly :mindblown: for the perf/price. Ultimately would take any 991.1 and up in any green I've seen to date, the dark racing green is :jizz:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

razr390 wrote:
nakenyon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:24 am I could do :baby: sleep schedule.

Three hours at 1 month old is a blessing bro
I meant to say couldn’t above there.

Although, t hree hours is basically what I sleep a nice without :baby:, so I guess I’d be fine.
Tarspin wrote::lolol:

Also, C8 is a beast, I want it! It is utterly :mindblown: for the perf/price. Ultimately would take any 991.1 and up in any green I've seen to date, the dark racing green is :jizz:
Green has been growing on me as a car color lately. I really the the lizard green on the 992s.

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 pm :lolol:

I'll probably buy a Z06/ZR1 version IF they don't botch it up. I just can't see buying an automatic from Chevy in a performance car at this point though. If they do end up with a manual transmission I would say the odds that I have one within 6 months of it being out would be about 90%
SAWCE

This girl came over last night and smoked me out. I provided pizza.. apparently they make these things that screw onto the tops of plastic water bottles to turn them into bongs. 5/7 convenient, and I forgot how much nicer smoking from a bong is and having it get filtered a bit.