OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:11 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:58 am I really don't want to be in the office this morning.

:rolleyes:
I'm kinda there myself but trying to have a positive outlook and get shit done.

But definitely ready for the weekend. I have a track day on the mini bike I'm really looking forward to.
:notbad:

We are heading to South Florida to finalize some wedding plans. Should be fun. I am track daying in two weeks, two full days at VIR.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:58 am I really don't want to be in the office this morning.

:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:27 am
The last two weeks have been hell for me. I'm first one in, last one out pushing 12 hour days each day. Burn out is approaching critical levels.
could you realistically approach your boss and mention something about it?
No, because "that's just how it is sometimes"

I'll be twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do in a few weeks. Management waits to the last minute to do everything. There's zero planning to level out the work load, and that's the way they like it. I've suggested working on stuff earlier and am repeatedly told "that's not important right now". Failure to plan is a plan for failure. I saw that on a poster in a room in college once. So true.

I'm supposed to have tomorrow off, but there's a meeting with the big boss on the thing I'm working on. Of course I'm not invited to that meeting, but I need to prepare my boss's boss for it...who is the master of waiting to the last minute. Will probably be here until 7 tonight and be here at 7 tomorrow morning again.

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:11 am

I'm kinda there myself but trying to have a positive outlook and get shit done.

But definitely ready for the weekend. I have a track day on the mini bike I'm really looking forward to.

We are heading to South Florida to finalize some wedding plans. Should be fun. I am track daying in two weeks, two full days at VIR.
:fuckyeah: full-course VIR is awesome!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:32 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 am

It'll be my first time :excited:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am

:megusta:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:23 am:hai:
:hai: :wap:

How's life? How's the health stuff going?
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 am
wap wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:23 am:hai:

:howdy: Griffballz!

Life is what it is. Health stuff is going ok. I survived my trip to Ireland with no ill effects and I'm going to my 29th session of cardiac rehab after work today, and that's going well. My chest is pretty much healed up and the gnarly scars are starting to fade, though I still have pain in my back. Spreading the ribs out like they did knotted up a bunch of muscles in my back bigly and I'm still trying to get those to go away. I've been thinking of getting some massages at a local spa in my town. :iono: Also, I'm getting a CT scan next month then I don't have to see my cardiologist again until March :notbad:

Thanks for asking! :wub:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 am could you realistically approach your boss and mention something about it?

I'll be twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do in a few weeks. Management waits to the last minute to do everything. There's zero planning to level out the work load, and that's the way they like it. I've suggested working on stuff earlier and am repeatedly told "that's not important right now". Failure to plan is a plan for failure. I saw that on a poster in a room in college once. So true.

I'm supposed to have tomorrow off, but there's a meeting with the big boss on the thing I'm working on. Of course I'm not invited to that meeting, but I need to prepare my boss's boss for it...who is the master of waiting to the last minute. Will probably be here until 7 tonight and be here at 7 tomorrow morning again.

Sounds like every corp ever doe. I’m sure it’s also department/business unit based but still. Same shit happens here at my site
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:33 am

Life is what it is. Health stuff is going ok. I survived my trip to Ireland with no ill effects and I'm going to my 29th session of cardiac rehab after work today, and that's going well. My chest is pretty much healed up and the gnarly scars are starting to fade, though I still have pain in my back. Spreading the ribs out like they did knotted up a bunch of muscles in my back bigly and I'm still trying to get those to go away. I've been thinking of getting some massages at a local spa in my town. :iono: Also, I'm getting a CT scan next month then I don't have to see my cardiologist again until March :notbad:

Cardiac rehab session = nurse with huge :tits: slowly unbuttoning her uniform to verify whether heart can handle elevated :jizz: rates?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Massage sounds like a great idea :doit: you deserve it! :millennial:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

D Griff wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:27 am

I mean doing it yourself is 0/7. Let the groomer do it. If you dog is taking solid shits then the glands should be pretty well expressed naturally. Ava had a period where she was having soft shits so those glands had some build up in them and I didn’t feel like taking her to a groomer for it. I was :wrong:
:gag:

Yeah hard pass on DIY of that.
Ours charges a nominal additional fee for it when it’s needed. 0/7 would not do myself.
SAWCE wrote:
Apex wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:18 pm

He’s handing you a bag of money and “juice”
That’d be nice. I’ll be buying some new flavors of juice this weekend that I haven’t had before.
Is “juice” code for chicken shakes?

They have them in pumpkin spice now or something?

Detroit wrote:
razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 am could you realistically approach your boss and mention something about it?

That sucks man.
wap wrote:

Glad to hear man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:51 am

Cardiac rehab session = nurse with huge :tits: slowly unbuttoning her uniform to verify whether heart can handle elevated :jizz: rates?
I wish. The nurses are either super skinny with no discernible :tits: at all, or one old lady that looks like a short Julia Child.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am

Massage sounds like a great idea :doit: you deserve it! :millennial:
:like:
wap

nakenyon wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am
D Griff wrote:
:gag:

Yeah hard pass on DIY of that.
Ours charges a nominal additional fee for it when it’s needed. 0/7 would not do myself.
SAWCE wrote:
That’d be nice. I’ll be buying some new flavors of juice this weekend that I haven’t had before.
Is “juice” code for chicken shakes?

They have them in pumpkin spice now or something?

Detroit wrote: No, because "that's just how it is sometimes"

That sucks man.
wap wrote:

Glad to hear man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Good to see you back on DFD.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:31 am My mind is 90% on my race this weekend and 10% on work. :derp:
That's a 5/7 work/life balance right there, IMO.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:My mind is 90% on my race this weekend and 10% on work. :derp:
You should be a pro racer.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Massage sounds nice.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am

Have you done it on a sim? You should do it on a sim.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:31 am My mind is 90% on my race this weekend and 10% on work. :derp:
It's a race? Like pedal faster race?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 am

Issa race.

120 miles, 9k feet of elevation gain, gravel and glory.

https://www.unpavedpennsylvania.com/upl ... ebible.pdf
My taint got raw just reading that, good luck
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:31 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:51 am
I wish. The nurses are either super skinny with no discernible :tits: at all, or one old lady that looks like a short Julia Child.
:disgust:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:48 pm
wap wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:31 am
:disgust:
:dat:
Her shoulders are even broader than Julia's, too. :yikes:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 am

Issa race.

120 miles, 9k feet of elevation gain, gravel and glory.

https://www.unpavedpennsylvania.com/upl ... ebible.pdf
Bells View and Vista Point.... pepper your angus. Hell of a climb to get there but the views are awesome. Worth taking a minute.

Gotta love that 15 mile long climb right out the gate too. This is PA gravel. I rode a lot of that shit a year ago. You'll want every bit of tire you can get. I suggest being in the drops on the descents. Its rowdy terrain. And basically zero cell coverage. This is the kind of riding I love.