Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

dubshow wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:48 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:33 pm Ended up ordering the JB4 to try it out on this car. Worst case is I wait until the intro sale price goes away and resell it for what I paid or more and get a cobb tune.

piggy back shit. I hope you like it and Ive heard great things about the jb4 setups
Yeah, it worked great on my m235i. I'll be happy if this adds close to the canned tunes on the Cobb once BMS is done with the software. Keeping the warranty sounds nice on this car since dat price.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:popcorn:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

In4 dragy box fun
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm In4 dragy box fun
Yeah I'll do pulls on the same day back to back.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:33 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm In4 dragy box fun
It works that quickly? IIRC my friend had to drive around a bit before it was fully ready. Hopefully that's not the case though since I'd like to see that comparison.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:37 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:33 pm

It works that quickly? IIRC my friend had to drive around a bit before it was fully ready. Hopefully that's not the case though since I'd like to see that comparison.
On the JB4 you can change maps on the fly and on my m235i they took effect right away. I am assuming that I can change the map from 0 (stock/passthrough) to Map4 (currently defined as "ethanol or race gas, +6 PSI") on this one too with only a quick sprint down the 1/2 mile stretch of road I use, since I run 100 octane in that car all the time.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:37 pm

On the JB4 you can change maps on the fly and on my m235i they took effect right away. I am assuming that I can change the map from 0 (stock/passthrough) to Map4 (currently defined as "ethanol or race gas, +6 PSI") on this one too with only a quick sprint down the 1/2 mile stretch of road I use, since I run 100 octane in that car all the time.
Oh gotcha I was thinking day of install testing because :derp:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

So, slightly off topic, but I figured I'd come ask our resident Corvette expert. My mom is wanting to pick up a used C7 sometime in the coming months (don't know her exact time frame). Her main criteria are that it's white, auto and has navigation; she would like the z51 package as well, but depending on the trim level she decides on, wouldn't be a deal breaker.

What I'm needing help with is this: What is the difference between a 2LT and a 3LT?

She's found a lot of 3LT's that she likes, but is wondering if they're really worth the money over the 1LT or 2LT. As I don't know a ton about the trim levels, please give me a school lesson on them, if you'd be so kind sir.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:44 am So, slightly off topic, but I figured I'd come ask our resident Corvette expert. My mom is wanting to pick up a used C7 sometime in the coming months (don't know her exact time frame). Her main criteria are that it's white, auto and has navigation; she would like the z51 package as well, but depending on the trim level she decides on, wouldn't be a deal breaker.

What I'm needing help with is this: What is the difference between a 2LT and a 3LT?

She's found a lot of 3LT's that she likes, but is wondering if they're really worth the money over the 1LT or 2LT. As I don't know a ton about the trim levels, please give me a school lesson on them, if you'd be so kind sir.
If she's getting black interior the 3LT is going to be difficult to point out the differences.

If she's getting another color or 2-tone interior it is much easier to see the 2LT/3LT differences based on the trim around the dash on the passenger side.
Also, 3LT gets you Nappa Leather and the Alcantara headliner/pillars.
3LT comes with NAV, so you wouldn't need to option it out on that car.

Couple other minor things I'm sure, but for me I got both my C7's in the 2LT/2LZ trim because I didn't want the Nappa leather and instead opted for the Competition seats with the alcantara inserts, steering wheel and shift knob and boot.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:50 am
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:44 am So, slightly off topic, but I figured I'd come ask our resident Corvette expert. My mom is wanting to pick up a used C7 sometime in the coming months (don't know her exact time frame). Her main criteria are that it's white, auto and has navigation; she would like the z51 package as well, but depending on the trim level she decides on, wouldn't be a deal breaker.

If she's getting black interior the 3LT is going to be difficult to point out the differences.

If she's getting another color or 2-tone interior it is much easier to see the 2LT/3LT differences based on the trim around the dash on the passenger side.

Couple other minor things I'm sure, but for me I got both my C7's in the 2LT/2LZ trim because I didn't want the Nappa leather and instead opted for the Competition seats with the alcantara inserts, steering wheel and shift knob and boot.
Thanks for the quick response sir. She's leaning towards either black or red interior ( the red is growing on her for some reason ). I have passed that info on to her and she's going to narrow her search just a bit now.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks for the quick response sir. She's leaning towards either black or red interior ( the red is growing on her for some reason ). I have passed that info on to her and she's going to narrow her search just a bit now.
Check this too... I don't love this guy, but some of his vids are good.

max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:01 pm BREAKING: https://jalopnik.com/porsche-has-a-very ... 1838539888

:waxer: are your crests aligned?!

:triggered:
Or they could engineer it like rolls Royce did. And cut out this bullshit
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:01 pm BREAKING: https://jalopnik.com/porsche-has-a-very ... 1838539888

:waxer: are your crests aligned?!

:triggered:
Centerlocks don't allow adjustment of the cap, they only seem to fit one way and they don't have lug locks. :D
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:02 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Centerlocks don't allow adjustment of the cap, they only seem to fit one way and they don't have lug locks. :D
Supposed to point at your valve stem. :triggered:
Pretty sure I can't control that with 400+ lb/ft of torque required.

:lol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

How you feeling wax man? Just getting caught up in this thread and wow 😳. Hope you keep improving, certainly a scary situation.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:48 am How you feeling wax man? Just getting caught up in this thread and wow 😳. Hope you keep improving, certainly a scary situation.
:dat:
Hope you're continuing to improve.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:48 am How you feeling wax man? Just getting caught up in this thread and wow 😳. Hope you keep improving, certainly a scary situation.
Thanks guys.

I'm doing better for the most part, taking it a day at a time here. Huge changes in my diet and lifestyle are going better than I thought.

The only issues I can complain about, at least a little is that the beta blocker medication is keeping me tired and easily fatigued.

I go in for a stress test on the 16th and hopefully everything is fine. I'm down 31 pounds from September 6th when I went into the hospital.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:45 am

Thanks guys.

I'm doing better for the most part, taking it a day at a time here. Huge changes in my diet and lifestyle are going better than I thought.

The only issues I can complain about, at least a little is that the beta blocker medication is keeping me tired and easily fatigued.

I go in for a stress test on the 16th and hopefully everything is fine. I'm down 31 pounds from September 6th when I went into the hospital.
Wait :wtf: happened ?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:24 am
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 am

Check this too... I don't love this guy, but some of his vids are good.

Saw his new LT1 review last night. Very impressive for the 2020.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thanks guys.

Whatever your problem is, this is going to help.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks guys.

If you want to follow people's medical problems, you wont' find them in the Jeep, car and clowncar threads. Our resident P-car owner had to check into the hospital for a wake up call on stress, weight, diet and Macallan testing.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:26 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 am

If you want to follow people's medical problems, you wont' find them in the Jeep, car and clowncar threads. Our resident P-car owner had to check into the hospital for a wake up call on stress, weight, diet and Macallan testing.
Where do you guys post about this?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:36 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:26 pm

The OT Thread, although frankly I'm considering starting a health problems thread. Waxer, myself, Irish and Ron would be 70% of the contributors.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:51 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:36 pm

The OT Thread, although frankly I'm considering starting a health problems thread. Waxer, myself, Irish and Ron would be 70% of the contributors.
Roger that
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

In more positive news how is the JB4?