The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 pm-50 Scene points

Turn over 3 flat brims and some vape juice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
:disappoint:

I’m keeping the peach mango, though, bruh.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 pm
D Griff wrote:
It's all good as long as you don't actually put a bike on there.

I actually own several flat brims :iono: ... could loan some.
Whoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:disgust:

Looks :fuckyeah: :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:52 am :disgust:

Looks :fuckyeah: :doe:
Thanks! A bit :eeyore: about having to get rid of the car around April or so, but I'm going to enjoy it while it's here.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Wife :plac: incoming?

We went and test drove the Atlas and the Telluride recently. I was pretty convinced prior to seeing those two that we'd need a :minivan:, but now I'm pretty sure either one is going to work just fine for 3 kids. They're wide enough to put our son's convertible seat and both infant seats 3 across in the second row, which will leave the 3rd row for the dogs on trips or space for us and our parents to get in one car with the kiddos.

First of all, the Telluride interior is :mindblown: nice. Seriously. It's better than the current MDX by a significant margin and doesn't seem far off from the Q7. For the money, it's completely unparalleled in the segment. Even the mid-level EX trim has heated and cooled front seats, a heated steering wheel, a moon roof, nav, and a list of safety features a mile long, all on top of materials that seem to be of luxury-level quality. It drives...okay? Nice firm brake pedal, the smaller 18s on the EX trim give it a soft but solid feel over bumps, but the steering totally lets everything else down. It's video game light and gives the impression the Kia just wants to be babied around. Roundabouts are a chore instead of a pleasure, and it feels as big as it is.

The Atlas is pretty much the total opposite. Interior is super meh, but because she had that 2013 Jetta she's used to how VWs feel and it drives WAY better. Lighter steering than the RDX, but notably heavier than the Kia, direct and it weights up naturally in the bends. The 20" wheels might have something to do with it, but the lateral g numbers I've seen published of I think .88g for the Atlas versus .81 for the Telluride don't seem to lie. The Atlas doesn't mind being hustled in the least. My wife was afraid she'd hate driving a bigger car and was super tentative the entire time in the Telluride, but within 30 seconds of being in the Atlas she was driving it like it was her own car - pretty much instantly comfortable. The trans programming is garbage, though, in normal mode it upshifts way too early and in Sport it's on speed. Something in the middle would be nice, please, but at least in sport you get to hear wookie noises. :dillerman: is working up pricing now on a SE w/tech & 4Motion R-Line. :popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So what does this mean for you? Telluride?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:58 pm Wife :plac: incoming?

We went and test drove the Atlas and the Telluride recently. I was pretty convinced prior to seeing those two that we'd need a :minivan:, but now I'm pretty sure either one is going to work just fine for 3 kids. They're wide enough to put our son's convertible seat and both infant seats 3 across in the second row, which will leave the 3rd row for the dogs on trips or space for us and our parents to get in one car with the kiddos.

First of all, the Telluride interior is :mindblown: nice. Seriously. It's better than the current MDX by a significant margin and doesn't seem far off from the Q7. For the money, it's completely unparalleled in the segment. Even the mid-level EX trim has heated and cooled front seats, a heated steering wheel, a moon roof, nav, and a list of safety features a mile long, all on top of materials that seem to be of luxury-level quality. It drives...okay? Nice firm brake pedal, the smaller 18s on the EX trim give it a soft but solid feel over bumps, but the steering totally lets everything else down. It's video game light and gives the impression the Kia just wants to be babied around. Roundabouts are a chore instead of a pleasure, and it feels as big as it is.

The Atlas is pretty much the total opposite. Interior is super meh, but because she had that 2013 Jetta she's used to how VWs feel and it drives WAY better. Lighter steering than the RDX, but notably heavier than the Kia, direct and it weights up naturally in the bends. The 20" wheels might have something to do with it, but the lateral g numbers I've seen published of I think .88g for the Atlas versus .81 for the Telluride don't seem to lie. The Atlas doesn't mind being hustled in the least. My wife was afraid she'd hate driving a bigger car and was super tentative the entire time in the Telluride, but within 30 seconds of being in the Atlas she was driving it like it was her own car - pretty much instantly comfortable. The trans programming is garbage, though, in normal mode it upshifts way too early and in Sport it's on speed. Something in the middle would be nice, please, but at least in sport you get to hear wookie noises. :dillerman: is working up pricing now on a SE w/tech & 4Motion R-Line. :popcorn:
We had an atlas lent to us when the Touareg was in the shop for basic maintenance but required an overnight stay. My wife wanted to drive the r so I took the atlas to and from work and pick the kids up with it. It was impressively well-mannered on the road for its size and I would consider only one. I still do really like rear sliding doors on a minivan and going to go that route if we ever need such a large vehicle but knowing my wife it would be I who has to drive it, so hopefully that day never comes. LOL
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote:So what does this mean for you? Telluride?
I won’t need a car that can haul all 3 kiddos until I take my pat leave 3 months after the twins are born. They should arrive mid-March if all goes as expected, so I’d probably start shopping late April or early May.

If we still think it’d be beneficial to have a :minivan:, I’ll be getting an Odyssey because my wife absolutely refuses to drive a minivan. Between something like an Atlas and an Odyssey I couldn’t care less, they both suck, so might as well be me driving the minivan.

If we don’t think we’ll need one I have no idea what I’ll get, my mind changes every 5 minutes. Just needs to be big enough to fit all 3 car seats in the back. Regardless of what it is I’ll want to pay cash so we’ll only have one car payment. I’d expect the budget to be in the $15k-$20k range. Cheaper the better, though. At this point I’ll probably be in appliance territory no matter what is.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tellurides look like really nice vehicles. Seen a few around here and the styling is on point.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 pm Tellurides look like really nice vehicles. Seen a few around here and the styling is on point.
One of my good friends and his wife got one. I sat in it, it’s crazy nice... but man, I’ve never driven a Kia that drives all that well, somehow I doubt a huge one would be any good.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 pm Tellurides look like really nice vehicles. Seen a few around here and the styling is on point.
One of my good friends and his wife got one. I sat in it, it’s crazy nice... but man, I’ve never driven a Kia that drives all that well, somehow I doubt a huge one would be any good.
I actually really enjoy driving my son's Optima.... took it back and forth to OBX last year and VA Beach this year.....super comfortable and planted.....visibility is abysmal :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Wife :plac: is officially in progress.

2019 Atlas SE w/Technology Package 4 Motion. No sunroof for Johnny’s sake, analog gayges for mine, and black wheels because it seems my wife :fap: s to them in her sleep. Bench seat so we can fit all 3 kiddos in the second row and still have the 3rd for the dogs or additional humans.

MSRP: $41,640
Invoice: $39,834
- $500 VW Partner Program
- $4,750 dealer cash
- $12,500 RDX trade
+ 7% tax and $26.25 for title fees
= $23,656.13 OTD
Last edited by coogles on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Ive been in a new Santa Fe as Lyft and man Hyundai made such a home run with the interior. The only korean car I've driven doe is an econobox hyundai and it seemed fine, especially with steering. But obviously doesn't feel that stable on higher speeds for sure.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:14 pm Wife :plac: is officially in progress.

2019 Atlas SE w/Technology Package 4 Motion. No sunroof for Johnny’s sake, analog gayges for mine, and black wheels because it seems my wife :fap: s to them in her sleep. Bench seat so we can fit all 3 kiddos in the second row and still have the 3rd for the dogs or additional humans.

MSRP: $41,640
Invoice: $39,834
- $500 VW Partner Program
- $4,750 dealer cash
- $12,500 RDX trade
+ 7% tax and $26.25 for title fees
= $23,656.13 OTD
Seems like a fair deal... what engine is that behemoth ? 3.6?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Seems like a fair deal... what engine is that behemoth ? 3.6?
The 3.6 indeed. It’s definitely underpowered, but it’s not what I’d call dangerously slow and isn’t bad at speed. Most everything else in the segment is slow too, so whatever. The 3.0 TDI would make one of these SO much better, though.
max225

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:23 pm
max225 wrote: Seems like a fair deal... what engine is that behemoth ? 3.6?
The 3.6 indeed. It’s definitely underpowered, but it’s not what I’d call dangerously slow and isn’t bad at speed. Most everything else in the segment is slow too, so whatever. The 3.0 TDI would make one of these SO much better, though.
yea but that motor is a nightmare, the 3.6 is at least somewhat reliable and cheap to service.
The 3.6 should be fine, not sure why you'd say it is underpowered... 300hp pushing 3800lbs? It is adequate for something that will not take a corner or need any sort of power.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:yea but that motor is a nightmare, the 3.6 is at least somewhat reliable and cheap to service.
The 3.6 should be fine, not sure why you'd say it is underpowered... 300hp pushing 3800lbs? It is adequate for something that will not take a corner or need any sort of power.
Is it? I never looked into them much, but I always got the impression the 3.0 diesels were okay.

The 3.6 makes 276hp and with 4Motion ours probably weighs more like 4,300 lbs. I drove one around for ~45 minutes and at times it definitely felt underpowered, especially in contrast with the RDX.

max225

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:41 pm
max225 wrote:yea but that motor is a nightmare, the 3.6 is at least somewhat reliable and cheap to service.
Is it? I never looked into them much, but I always got the impression the 3.0 diesels were okay.

The 3.6 makes 276hp and with 4Motion ours probably weighs more like 4,300 lbs. I drove one around for ~45 minutes and at times it definitely felt underpowered, especially in contrast with the RDX.
4550 actually. :mindblown: that thing is heavier than a JLUR with a frame and lockers etc... but it is what it is...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:4550 actually. :mindblown: that thing is heavier than a JLUR with a frame and lockers etc... but it is what it is...
Indeed, but the Atlas is effing huge.

I would guess ours isn’t quite that heavy. No massive pano sunroof and it’s missing a lot of the tech/safety crap you get on the upper trim level, which should save a non-insignificant amount of weight.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:30 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:23 pm

yea but that motor is a nightmare, the 3.6 is at least somewhat reliable and cheap to service.
Coogles doesn’t have corners where he lives. It’s ok to have straight line power and no cornering ability even in a CF hauler.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

My car is 3800 lbs and only like 250 hp. :jalepenis: but still pretty quick in traffic.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I had that truck for a couple of days once, and found it really comfortable, and it handles well for its size. The motor doesn't feel underpowered, but we own a Touareg with the same motor and all wheel drive so maybe I'm just used to it. Comes paired with an 8 speed tranny that seems to know where it belongs at all times. Our 2016 is ridiculously reliable and we'll probably keep it long-term. Hopefully you guys have the same luck with yours, congrats on the new purchase!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:03 pm I had that truck for a couple of days once, and found it really comfortable, and it handles well for its size. The motor doesn't feel underpowered, but we own a Touareg with the same motor and all wheel drive so maybe I'm just used to it. Comes paired with an 8 speed tranny that seems to know where it belongs at all times. Our 2016 is ridiculously reliable and we'll probably keep it long-term. Hopefully you guys have the same luck with yours, congrats on the new purchase!
The Atlas really does handle well for what it is, it's a solid offering in the segment and really one of the only choices if you need a truly usable 3rd row. Should be in our possession tomorrow. And thanks!
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Nice. When I checked out the new Tiguan a few years ago or whenever that was it came out, I drove an Atlas for the hell of it. Was really impressed with the way the car drove for how truly massive it is. Huge SUV that drives like a small crossover and that 6 is smooth as mule's lips. Good car all in, nice family hauler. The new Tiguan is kind of a shit pile but they did well with the Atlas; and for the money its a good deal. What does that parallel with in the lux world, the Audi Q7? Those are like a million dollars so I feel the Atlas is a winner though. The no sunroof thing is sort of a what is this 1973 massive bummer, considering the pano sunroof is siiiiick, but otherwise.. yeah. nice one
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:34 am Nice. When I checked out the new Tiguan a few years ago or whenever that was it came out, I drove an Atlas for the hell of it. Was really impressed with the way the car drove for how truly massive it is. Huge SUV that drives like a small crossover and that 6 is smooth as mule's lips. Good car all in, nice family hauler. The new Tiguan is kind of a shit pile but they did well with the Atlas; and for the money its a good deal. What does that parallel with in the lux world, the Audi Q7? Those are like a million dollars so I feel the Atlas is a winner though. The no sunroof thing is sort of a what is this 1973 massive bummer, considering the pano sunroof is siiiiick, but otherwise.. yeah. nice one
Thanks. I don't know if anything in the lux world compares in terms of size, truly. If the Buick Enclave and the new Caddy are considered luxury then maybe, but the XC90 and Q7 are both noticeably smaller. Wife loved the Q7 but even a used, lower-trim model would have been $10k more than what we paid for the Atlas and it just wouldn't have been as practical for us.

The no sunroof thing is my fault. I've heard of too many issues with the MQB chassis cars with leaking or rattling sunroofs and I wanted no part of that. Was also just as happy to pocket the $1,200 that option box costs to tick.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 pm
D Griff wrote:
It's all good as long as you don't actually put a bike on there.

I actually own several flat brims :iono: ... could loan some.
Whoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks good breh! Im going to bolt up my Kuat hitch mount this weekend. Had to take the :truk: for bike tote today.