McQueenBalls Whacks it to his Douchemobile and other Musings

Strut your greasy stuff!
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Dudes. Men. Brahs. Bros. I hath officially declareth this my thread. This will live in 'car talk' but, similar to my last 10000 page epic thread that eventually got me banned on Mk6stickerbombstancelife.com, this thread will not only serve as an extended BMW 4-banger gloryhole bukake fest, but a place to talk about other pressing issues, like shotgunning Natty Light in solitude on your front porch and various post-separation epic shooting fish in barrel Tinder conquests. It will all live here. Hopefully [user not found] won't surface and try and move this to off topic because this shit is about cars. Its also about life and since cars = life, there we are. Ok, so I'll start by talking about my ride and I'll post a bunch of pics once I figure out where to put them since this godamn forum won't let you just upload photos. Where does one do that these days? Whats a good free photo hosting site?

Brief summary: Leased this bastard October 2016 from Crevier BMW in Santa Ana. Black sapphire, 2016 328i lot lizard - M sport, drivers asst, premium, heated seats, navigation. MSRP $48,875. Selling price $42k, 68% RV, $1500 drive off (incl 1st payment), nothing down, $368 p/month. Was planning on leasing, handing it in, rinse repeat but me and the ol' battleaxe split the sheets over a year ago, I moved to a temp place about 20 miles away for 6 mos before getting this house which is now a mile away from my old house (yes, its weird) and since I was hell bent on seeing the kids every day, NTM carting them back and forth between places and still taking them to school each morning; that combined with work and some road trips lead me to putting some epic miles on this car in a years time. So here we are at lease end and I'm 8k miles over and that + a barely scratched up bumper equates to $2500 or so to hand my car back to BMW. 23 cents p/mile, plus tax, plus damage repair gouge. The bumper is fine and repairing it would be gay.

I inquired about purchasing the car because I'd rather do that than give those humorless, grand canyon visiting, sandals with socks wearing, highly rational and efficient no ice having kraut fuckers $2500 for nothing and in short, I love it, love it more today than the day I got it, and BMW has a thing now where they are taking $4k off residual value on MY2016 models, prob due to massive glut of lease returns, so my buyout is down to $27171. Still WAY high. Car would cost about $22-23k best case, CPO, so yeah, its overpriced as fuck. Totes expensive AF.. I could get a CPO 340i for that money. But I'm gonna do this instead cuz I'm a dipshit. I'm attached to it now. We have history.. So I'd rather keep it and keep going with'r vs. cutting the Rolex contingent a $2500 to hand my car in and get something else so fuck it, I'm keeping it. Case closed. "But bro, we whack it really hard to Fords here and you could get 2 used Ford Fusions for the price of this car. Or better yet, a Cadillac ATS. Car and Drive said that was the '3 series killer and you could be the 10th guy in the US who actually bought that car, what are you thinking?!" and bro's, you'd be right. You don't have to be John D. Rockafellor to know this isn't the most triumphant financial move ever. :neek:

Some minor personal touches - Ceramic tint, limo in the rear, 35% up front. All weather sport line rubber floor mats. Bunch of coding was done incl. auto mirror fold, 'm sport' splash screen @ start up, fog light cornering lights enabled and a bunch of other crap. And then ofcourse, the ol' Burger JB+ juice box piggyback tuner that I absolutely love. Other threads where bros have dyno'd this thing are out there and it has this little turbro 4 banger doing about 270hp/295tq @ the crank, and you can feel it. I don't know how to embed a youtube vid so here is me doing a quick 0-60 post jb+ complete with epic fake engine noise. https://youtu.be/1p68s92HFFc

So yes, I love the car. I don't care about the light steering or whatever, I love it. Flat handling, extremely stable at high speeds, total road highway warrior, good amount of power for a daily, quiet, averages 25/26mpg overall, easily doing 35 highway on long trips, seamless transmission/motor integration, if its one thing they got right its the 8AT + turbro4 combo, epic seats, epic steering wheel etc. etc. BMW Nav w/the connected drive app on my phone is tits, I don't care about apple car play and I've yet to find a more ergonomic, driver-focused jet like cockpit but Audi prob gives a run for the $. Car fits me like a glove. Sometimes it feels telepathic. It also fits 2 small children in the back comfortably and a grip of shit in the trunk. Gripes... panel gap has been a bitch but the creaks and rattles that were present in the beginning are all gone now thanks to much insertion of felt tape and things @ various contact points. At this point its bank vault-ish inside, spare some 85mph+ wind noise and there are no creaks or rattles to speak of. Base stereo isn't great but seeing as I mainly listen to podcasts and Howard 100/101 and PRX on satellite, it doesn't really matter though HK would be nice. Last gripe is total lack of exhaust note. It has gobs of fairly pleasing fake engine noise piped in which I don't mind but exhaust note is almost non existent. I would consider M sport exhaust as a future mod. Oh and the ground clearance w/the lower front fascia and that M sport bumper is pinner, so you gotta be careful with curbs and stuff. Won't be going off roading with this thing anytime soon. Though I did drive it out in the middle of the desert off of the 15 just outside of Vegas to go shooting and it did fine on dirt roads.

So thats it for now. Finalizing purchase and all that w/my credit union in the next week or so and then I'll be saddled with the ol' ball and chain for at least 3 more years. Planned future post warranty expiration mod is charge pipe replacement. Apparently those are prone to going. I think they make a more robust charge pipe vs. the shitty plastic stock one. Maybe upgrade to Jb4 as well. M sport exhaust would be nice but I can't see actually doing that.

Have some good pics to post at some point when I figure that out. Tales of casting a wide net in the world of online dating, shooting fish in barrels, and 1st date bareback bonanzas and red tides to follow. Cheers gentlemen, cheers.

Here's to my wife and all my sweethearts.. may they never meet. Thanks for reading.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:amaze: Welcome back dickhead. Sorry about the 0-1.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also there is a book of Max decrying his 335i as 1/2 assed and whacking it to his M3. I have a 440i GC which is decent, Griff wants to kill himself when he gets in his 328i because it doesn't have a GM interior from 1998 and big buttons on the stereo. YMMV.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

You should grab Griff's BROla catback
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

You should grab Griff's BROla catback
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Welcome back man, I legit missed your content, a true automotive journalist of the most entertaining kind. Sorry to hear about split with the wife in shit.

We are brothers in music industry turned production/audio bros and now also in four cylinder BMW ownershit, I also have a 328i M Sport but in blue with the 1930s phallus transition. I also added the epic Borla fart can to address aforementioned lack of noise. I may sell it soon though, because I prefer my epic designed in 1995 GM shitbox :poorvette:

As far as pics go, you can upload directly from phone in Tapatalk or host anywhere, if the pic is on Facebook, google images, anywhere on the web, just copy the image URL and it will work. Video should embed automatically from YouTube when the link is posted.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 am Also there is a book of Max decrying his 335i as 1/2 assed and whacking it to his M3. I have a 440i GC which is decent, Griff wants to kill himself when he gets in his 328i because it doesn't have a GM interior from 1998 and big buttons on the stereo. YMMV.
Shots fired :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:fuckyeah:

Finding a car you like enough to commit to in the long term is the end goal. FK the h8ers.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Queenie is back :mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 am Also there is a book of Max decrying his 335i as 1/2 assed and whacking it to his M3. I have a 440i GC which is decent, Griff wants to kill himself when he gets in his 328i because it doesn't have a GM interior from 1998 and big buttons on the stereo. YMMV.
Now he has a Mini. He was the one who directed me to this forum but does he even post, bro? Max, do you even lift?

I have to be honest... I haven't been in an F30 335 but I've driven my buddy's 340 with the mantrans and it really didn't blow me away. Its a heavier F30 with a bigger engine. Granted I'm comparing stock 340 to my slightly tuned 328 and its definitely faster but not by much. Ofcourse you could tune that thing and so on and so forth but I didn't walk away from that 340 wanting one or anything. Power delivery is MUCH smoother though and not as boosty (is that a word) as a tuned 328.
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 am :fuckyeah:

Finding a car you like enough to commit to in the long term is the end goal. FK the h8ers.
Yeah fuck it, this car is rad.
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am Welcome back man, I legit missed your content, a true automotive journalist of the most entertaining kind. Sorry to hear about split with the wife in shit.

We are brothers in music industry turned production/audio bros and now also in four cylinder BMW ownershit, I also have a 328i M Sport but in blue with the 1930s phallus transition. I also added the epic Borla fart can to address aforementioned lack of noise. I may sell it soon though, because I prefer my epic designed in 1995 GM shitbox :poorvette:

As far as pics go, you can upload directly from phone in Tapatalk or host anywhere, if the pic is on Facebook, google images, anywhere on the web, just copy the image URL and it will work. Video should embed automatically from YouTube when the link is posted.
Thanks man, 'preciate it. How'd you find a 328 with the unicorn trans? Does it make up for the halogens? Do the halogens sometimes make you want to kill yourself? I had those on my 320 and I loathed them daily. Yeah, the split sucks but the longer I'm out the more I realized its for the best. Was on life support for a few years and the endless rounds of couples counseling just made things worse. We still get along, no drama, live a mile away from eachother, etc. Its a mindfuck though, the whole thing. But its nice getting some of my life back and not getting in epic arguments about how I load the dishwasher incorrectly. And its such a brave new world now with the dating apps and just the current female outlook in general these days re: casual sex that there are definitely silver linings.

Ill try google images thanks
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:43 am
Now he has a Mini. He was the one who directed me to this forum but does he even post, bro? Max, do you even lift?

I have to be honest... I haven't been in an F30 335 but I've driven my buddy's 340 with the mantrans and it really didn't blow me away. Its a heavier F30 with a bigger engine. Granted I'm comparing stock 340 to my slightly tuned 328 and its definitely faster but not by much. Ofcourse you could tune that thing and so on and so forth but I didn't walk away from that 340 wanting one or anything. Power delivery is MUCH smoother though and not as boosty (is that a word) as a tuned 328.
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 am :fuckyeah:

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am Welcome back man, I legit missed your content, a true automotive journalist of the most entertaining kind. Sorry to hear about split with the wife in shit.

Thanks man, 'preciate it. How'd you find a 328 with the unicorn trans? Does it make up for the halogens? Do the halogens sometimes make you want to kill yourself? I had those on my 320 and I loathed them daily. Yeah, the split sucks but the longer I'm out the more I realized its for the best. Was on life support for a few years and the endless rounds of couples counseling just made things worse. We still get along, no drama, live a mile away from eachother, etc. Its a mindfuck though, the whole thing. But its nice getting some of my life back and not getting in epic arguments about how I load the dishwasher incorrectly. And its such a brave new world now with the dating apps and just the current female outlook in general these days re: casual sex that there are definitely silver linings.

:bruh: I posted several times in your other thread and in here as well. !

I am not a fan on bmw :manuel: trans are ... just not great when paired with this engine.... the 8AT is good in medium mode for the I6, its absolute shit in the I4 in every mode outside of sport. One thing I didn't like on the I4 was the no balls until 2500, yes you can rev it higher, but in DD'ing mode it can get a bit ... :gay: I6 really cuts down on that.

Sort of curious about the tune, have you had any downsides? Sputtering, weird trans shifting etc? or is it all good FREE POWER TO THE PEOPLE. Also are you doing oil changes every 10k?

Especially the ECO-PRO mode was just :disgust: whoever decided to include that... in a "PERFORMANCE SEDAN" should be tied to a pole and lashed every time it is engaged around the globe.
Last edited by max225 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

Fun fact... Modz here changed my name to MAX225 and added the :225: gif, due to my constant bitching about the neutering of the fake sport, that I used to have before the M3.

I was :triggered: by the lack of grip due to the skinny as :225: up front in a 3700lb sedan, where a 2850lb civic gets 235s etc etc.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I actually do think the 328i understeers a lot less than the 335/40 due to lighter front end. Also, the four cylinder isn’t exactly a slow car, faster than a GTI.

Re the manual I bought it in Miami and had it shipped up- poverty spec plus :dedong: brakes and M Sport were what I sought. Truth be told I don’t think the manual really makes it better, the auto is great and the manual is fun but BMW manuals are a far cry from the Japanese manufacturers.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:16 pm I actually do think the 328i understeers a lot less than the 335/40 due to lighter front end. Also, the four cylinder isn’t exactly a slow car, faster than a GTI.

Re the manual I bought it in Miami and had it shipped up- poverty spec plus :dedong: brakes and M Sport were what I sought. Truth be told I don’t think the manual really makes it better, the auto is great and the manual is fun but BMW manuals are a far cry from the Japanese manufacturers.
An option less 328i with the I4 is probably a solid 300-400lbs lighter than a loaded 335i so I can certainly see that happen. The run on the same tires.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:19 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:43 am

I am not a fan on bmw :manuel: trans are ... just not great when paired with this engine.... the 8AT is good in medium mode for the I6, its absolute shit in the I4 in every mode outside of sport. One thing I didn't like on the I4 was the no balls until 2500, yes you can rev it higher, but in DD'ing mode it can get a bit ... :gay: I6 really cuts down on that.

Sort of curious about the tune, have you had any downsides? Sputtering, weird trans shifting etc? or is it all good FREE POWER TO THE PEOPLE. Also are you doing oil changes every 10k?

Especially the ECO-PRO mode was just :disgust: whoever decided to include that... in a "PERFORMANCE SEDAN" should be tied to a pole and lashed every time it is engaged around the globe.
Alright you absurdly tall Asian trim pulling Gay Area bastard, saying the 8AT with turbo 4 isn't great are fightin' words. I will end you. :fullretard:

Re: the tune, it has been great.. well hold on a sec. So I think it got wet at some point or something, which is odd but there was a period of epic rains down here last winter and my street floods like a bastard because LA has no infrastructure for rains so I was doing these epic puddles and maybe thats what caused it but I got some kind of Ambient Air Temp Sensor error or something and when I unplugged the tuner it would go away. Anyway not sure what happened with it but I sent it back to burger tuning and they sent me a new one free of charge. Its been pretty much flawless and I would say yes, free power to the people. It takes 3 minutes with a flathead or pocket knife to install and uninstall, its 2 clips and where you really feel it is in the torque, down low around town. Since torque peaks so soon in these cars, that added 30lb ft or whatever it is is really felt. Power delivery is pretty smooth depending on how you drive it but you definitely feel that boost spike more than with the stock car. I'm reluctant to jb4 because this is fine but I can't see leaving it exactly as is for the next 3 years or so.

I do oil changes based on when the car tells me its time and that has been on average about every 7500 miles. Its based on, god knows what its based on or what the ECU monitors as to when it decides its time to change the oil but so far, I have never done a 10k mile interval.

BROLa exhaust or whatever is too much for me. M Sport is appealing because all reports say its quiet. Can't handle even the least bit of drone.

The trick is gonna be taking advantage of the next year of free maintenance or service and all that and then I guess when your maintenance period is ending BMW does a full 150 point inspection at which point any issues can be addressed before warranty ends and you get into time bomb mode.
Last edited by McQueenBalls on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Alright you absurdly tall Asian trim pulling Gay Area bastard, saying the 8AT with turbo 4 isn't great are fightin' words. I will end you. :fullretard:

Re: the tune, it has been great.. well hold on a sec. So I think it got wet at some point or something, which is odd but there was a period of epic rains down here last winter and my street floods like a bastard because LA has no infrastructure for rains so I was doing these epic puddles and maybe thats what caused it but I got some kind of Ambient Air Temp Sensor error or something and when I unplugged the tuner it would go away. Anyway not sure what happened with it but I sent it back to burger tuning and they sent me a new one free of charge. Its been pretty much flawless and I would say yes, free power to the people. It takes 3 minutes with a flathead or pocket knife to install and uninstall, its 2 clips and where you really feel it is in the torque, down low around town. Since torque peaks so soon in these cars, that added 30lb ft or whatever it is is really felt. Power delivery is pretty smooth depending on how you drive it but you definitely feel that boost spike more than with the stock car. I'm reluctant to jb4 because this is fine but I can't see leaving it exactly as is for the next 3 years or so.

I do oil changes based on when the car tells me its time and that has been on average about every 7500 miles. Its based on, god knows what its based on or what the ECU monitors as to when it decides its time to change the oil but so far, I have never done a 10k mile interval.

BROLa exhaust or whatever is too much for me. M Sport is appealing because all reports say its quiet. Can't handle even the least bit of drone.
FWIW the Borla S Type I have is loud and annoying on cold start but actually has zero drone, you really only hear it with the windows down, it’s very quiet, just adds a few cracks/pops on throttle lift and a bit of a growl. Other than cold start I think it’s great, retains stock refinement on the freeway, gives a bit more when accelerating/decelerating.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

If I were to tune mine I think I’d go BootMod3 but I’d probably stay JB+ over JB4, all of those wires under the hood with JB4 are ghetto as fuck and it is reportedly pretty spikey/surgey in delivery of powah.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

FWIW the Borla S Type I have is loud and annoying on cold start but actually has zero drone, you really only hear it with the windows down, it’s very quiet, just adds a few cracks/pops on throttle lift and a bit of a growl. Other than cold start I think it’s great, retains stock refinement on the freeway, gives a bit more when accelerating/decelerating.
I wish I could believe you bro.
Last edited by McQueenBalls on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:43 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

I wish I could believe you bro.
If you ever come to NC and I still have this thing you can drive it. The cold start is embarrassing when others are near but it’s otherwise cool. On the highway it is literally no different.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

alright, i uploaded some photos to google photo. i have tried every which way to embed the link to post pictures. What am i missing? I feel like my dad right now, trying to show him how to use his iPhone 4 to send a text.

McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Thats what I get. sad little broken image icon. Either that or I get the link. I need to photobomb this thread

max225

The trick is gonna be taking advantage of the next year of free maintenance or service and all that and then I guess when your maintenance period is ending BMW does a full 150 point inspection at which point any issues can be addressed before warranty ends and you get into time bomb mode.
:wtf: my 335i and m3 both never wanted anything but 10k oil changes. I wonder why yours calls for 7500. Also curious what does your car say in terms of how long the brakes are going to last ? My 335i said 120k, the M3 was 140k miles...

The M comp exhaust would wake my neighbors on cold start and a lot of folks thought I was straight piped... which it was essentially... I miss that part the most... for another 5 days.
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 pm Image

Thats what I get. sad little broken image icon. Either that or I get the link. I need to photobomb this thread
That's odd.... Your google photo link doesn't end in .jpeg, just some mumbo jumbo... is there a way you can right click and say copy image location..? Then paste in between the [ img ]crap
max225

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:53 pm alright, i uploaded some photos to google photo. i have tried every which way to embed the link to post pictures. What am i missing? I feel like my dad right now, trying to show him how to use his iPhone 4 to send a text.

tested it.... Right click then copy image link and voila...
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 pm

:wtf: my 335i and m3 both never wanted anything but 10k oil changes. I wonder why yours calls for 7500. Also curious what does your car say in terms of how long the brakes are going to last ? My 335i said 120k, the M3 was 140k miles...

The M comp exhaust would wake my neighbors on cold start and a lot of folks thought I was straight piped... which it was essentially... I miss that part the most... for another 5 days.
Dunno why earlier oil changes, maybe stop and go? I do a good mix of HWY and stop and go though so who knows. Re: brakes, I have had the car 3 years and its says 80k more miles on the rear pads and 60k more on the fronts. That seems insane for brake pad life.