Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:49 am
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm Dplac, get purple on the Willy’s.
This would have me making irresponsible decisions.
We can't have that now can we?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:58 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 pm I gotta say, I was building my own Jeep specs today at work and the want is real.
Yea they are great vehicles. I am :notsure: about having it as a primary mode of transport ... but overall they are pretty :neat:
I don't see why not? Our Sahara seems very livable...we'll see how the long run goes.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:49 am
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm Dplac, get purple on the Willy’s.
This would have me making irresponsible decisions.
:hue:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:42 am

Yea they are great vehicles. I am :notsure: about having it as a primary mode of transport ... but overall they are pretty :neat:
I don't see why not? Our Sahara seems very livable...we'll see how the long run goes.
My wife has used a JKU Hard Rock and JLU Rubicon as her primary vehicle since 2015, but what the fuck do I know? Clearly the things are complete pieces of shit since we've kept a Wrangler in the fleet longer than any other daily driver in the last 20+ years.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:37 am
My wife has used a JKU Hard Rock and JLU Rubicon as her primary vehicle since 2015, but what the fuck do I know? Clearly the things are complete pieces of shit since we've kept a Wrangler in the fleet longer than any other daily driver in the last 20+ years.
Apparently ours is deafening and impossible to drive for longer than 10 minutes.

I still have hearing, but haven't driven it far yet. We're planning to take it north at the end of the month ~4 hour drive. We'll probably end up driving it into Lake MI and buying a Camry to get home.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 am

Apparently ours is deafening and impossible to drive for longer than 10 minutes.

I still have hearing, but haven't driven it far yet. We're planning to take it north at the end of the month ~4 hour drive. We'll probably end up driving it into Lake MI and buying a Camry to get home.
Skip the Camry and get a Kia Rio.

No need to spend Camry money on a car when you can get a $15k MSRP new Rio for $13k.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 am

No need to spend Camry money on a car when you can get a $15k MSRP new Rio for $13k.
What about the headlights tho
Apex
Drives: Abominable

PM your address so we can send tots and pears.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 am

PM your address so we can send tots and pears.
:thisisfine:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

You have a corvette for fun and JT coming also. That’s my whole point :doe: having the JL and nothing else is boring after a while, not really applicable to you or :waxer: enough other fleet vehicles to still have fun in.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:07 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 am

For $13k I think it comes with a pair of oil lamps in the grille. When the oil runs out, throw the car away.

ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:14 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:07 am
For $13k I think it comes with a pair of oil lamps in the grille. When the oil runs out, throw the car away.

:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:12 am
You have a corvette for fun and JT coming also. That’s my whole point :doe: having the JL and nothing else is boring after a while, not really applicable to you or :waxer: enough other fleet vehicles to still have fun in.
Yea, I suppose. I won't ever drive the JL it seems, wife is full blast "no driving my baby". I suspect she'll have no trouble making that her primary mode of transport...even with her new 20 mile commute.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:25 am
Yea, I suppose. I won't ever drive the JL it seems, wife is full blast "no driving my baby". I suspect she'll have no trouble making that her primary mode of transport...even with her new 20 mile commute.
:sass: "The gas mileage sucks!"
"I never had to put gas in the Volt" :triggered:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:25 am
That's juan...
Steering is ... loose...
wind noise...
Brakes...

But hey if you're coming from :truk: land it is about the same.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:19 pm

She never plugged the Volt in because she always "forgot". She doesn't mind putting gas in vehicles and 100% :aintcare: about gas mileage. I don't even think she looks at the price at all. She'll be mad if she has to fill it up often, which...we'll see about that.

I wonder if the 2.0T hybrid will help city at all. Our commute (her new job is right next to mine) is pretty much 90% "city"...45 mph divided 4 lane boulevard with lights. Will be very interesting to see what her MPG is.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm

That's juan...
Steering is ... loose...
wind noise...
Brakes...

Steering and wind noise just don't seem to be issues with hers...but I haven't driven it that much. We'll see on the first trip we take, which is coming up at the end of the month.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:34 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm

That's juan...
Steering is ... loose...
wind noise...
Brakes...

Steering and wind noise just don't seem to be issues with hers...but I haven't driven it that much. We'll see on the first trip we take, which is coming up at the end of the month.
I am sure it'll be more or less acceptable.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:28 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:19 pm

She never plugged the Volt in because she always "forgot". She doesn't mind putting gas in vehicles and 100% :aintcare: about gas mileage. I don't even think she looks at the price at all. She'll be mad if she has to fill it up often, which...we'll see about that.

I wonder if the 2.0T hybrid will help city at all. Our commute (her new job is right next to mine) is pretty much 90% "city"...45 mph divided 4 lane boulevard with lights. Will be very interesting to see what her MPG is.
20 and no
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:28 pm

20 and no
I'd be happy with 20mpg on that commute, but I think she's not going to hit that with lead foot syndrome.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:21 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:02 pm
20 and no
I'd be happy with 20mpg on that commute, but I think she's not going to hit that with lead foot syndrome.
I hit around 20 derping around. And that's with a 3.6 and minivan tires. The 2.slow plus MEATS should be close.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:megusta:Image
max225

My :dillerman: still has 28 2018 Wronglers on the lot... 10k is back on the hood...
There are now 8 2020 models there as well :thisisfine:
~52 2019 models which is quite down vs prior... they had over 100 before :impressive:
Have there ever been 3 model years of the same vehicle on the lot before ? That seems completely unprecedented to me. :wtf:
End of 2019 will be quite interesting

Also it is quite interesting to see if the Wrongler will remain the most popular model in the lineup.... Too bad FCA ended the monthly reporting... :waiting:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote:My :dillerman: still has 28 2018 Wronglers on the lot... 10k is back on the hood...
~52 2019 models which is quite down vs prior... they had over 100 before :impressive:
Have there ever been 3 model years of the same vehicle on the lot before ? That seems completely unprecedented to me. :wtf:

Also it is quite interesting to see if the Wrongler will remain the most popular model in the lineup.... Too bad FCA ended the monthly reporting... :waiting:
The :dillerman: we got our JL from claimed "FCA screwed them. He said the shipments for 2018 JLs were WAY higher than they were used to on the JK, plus the price went up a bunch. Then right as they were hitting their stride selling 18s, the 19s came out and people wanted to wait. 19 was a late model year start, so people already thought 18s were old at the end of 18.

Then 19 only ran 7 months or so and 2020s started showing up.

Unprecedented I think, but not for fail of the product, just really poor production timing and pricing strategy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

ChalupaBatman
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2017 rubibrocon

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote:My :dillerman: still has 28 2018 Wronglers on the lot... 10k is back on the hood...

The :dillerman: we got our JL from claimed "FCA screwed them. He said the shipments for 2018 JLs were WAY higher than they were used to on the JK, plus the price went up a bunch. Then right as they were hitting their stride selling 18s, the 19s came out and people wanted to wait. 19 was a late model year start, so people already thought 18s were old at the end of 18.

Then 19 only ran 7 months or so and 2020s started showing up.

Unprecedented I think, but not for fail of the product, just really poor production timing and pricing strategy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Damn. That's super shitty on FCA's part. I'd be pissed if Kia did something like that. I was in a GM meeting recently with my group, and the owner had a printout of a recent article stating the industry is struggling with poor floorplan and low turn rates costing dealerships, and manufacturers a ton of money. Some manufacturers even "force" prior model year leftovers on dealerships with no consent.

The territory rep pushes massive amounts of inventory on dealers without any real heads up on model year change, and their day supply just gets completely out of hand. It's hard to carry a 90 day supply when shit like that happens. The only real option is to decline allocation but you risk heavy repercussion. No current model year, loss of sale, losing the allocation for specific unit, piss off the manufacturer or your territory rep. All equil a bad time and less "help me outs" further down the line..

On the bright side, good dills to be had on the almighty Jeep. Curious if it fuks with that strong value retention Jeep is so notorious for.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk