Soviet EV and taco chronicles + future ponderings about Fendie

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:27 pm "Megan who handles this paperwork is at another location, we have reached out to her" this was 2 hrs ago. :wtf: they need to overnight it tonight... if I was to keep my thursday appointment... I don't think it'll happen.

Can someone reasonably tell me what the eff could possibly be going on ? and if the :dillerman: has any incentive to send me the paperwork at this point or if I need to start cussing ?

I don't understand how a car that was officially purchased on 8/16/19 still doesn't have the complete paperwork to go along with it. Is this normal? ALL I NEED IS THE TITLE?!
I still think it's entirely possible that they don't actually physically posses the title.
OK then, what do I do ? How do I register the vehicle ?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 pm
I still think it's entirely possible that they don't actually physically posses the title.
All you can do is wait if that's indeed the case. You have 20 days right? Just call them daily until you get a straight answer or the paperwork you need. See if you can make an appointment at the DMV for 20 days after you received it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:00 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:56 pm

All you can do is wait if that's indeed the case. You have 20 days right? Just call them daily until you get a straight answer or the paperwork you need. See if you can make an appointment at the DMV for 20 days after you received it.
I have 20 days... but I am :notsure: if the clock starts at vehicle sale which occurred 8/16/19 (day stated as purchase within the contract or 9/1 day I received the vehicle) the prior leaves me with no fking time at all. DMV appointments are weeks out ... normally... I may have to go in with what I have which is all of the paperwork that I went to these fine people... I made copies of all of it.

I am :notsure: what else I can do at this point... It doesn't seem like they will have the additional paperwork over before my thursday 9:30am appointment.

I am doing the SMOG check at noon today... That's the only other thing missing.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:00 pm
I have 20 days... but I am :notsure: if the clock starts at vehicle sale which occurred 8/16/19 (day stated as purchase within the contract or 9/1 day I received the vehicle) the prior leaves me with no fking time at all. DMV appointments are weeks out ... normally... I may have to go in with what I have which is all of the paperwork that I went to these fine people... I made copies of all of it.

I am :notsure: what else I can do at this point... It doesn't seem like they will have the additional paperwork over before my thursday 9:30am appointment.

I am doing the SMOG check at noon today... That's the only other thing missing.
They got you by the balls here. I'm not sure the DMV will accept anything other than a legit title :doe:

BUT IIRC, they will issue you a temp CA reg while you get things completed. That'll mean multiple trips to the DMV, but you'll be doing it legit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Actually, now I remember...when I bought my JK in Vegas, I went to the DMV without a smog check. I assumed I didn't need one because it was a brand new vehicle.

They gave me a temp reg good for 30 days (it was a pink piece of paper I taped in the rear window), and told me to come back with the smog cert within those 30 days.

I just set another apt and went in then.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:15 pm Actually, now I remember...when I bought my JK in Vegas, I went to the DMV without a smog check. I assumed I didn't need one because it was a brand new vehicle.

They gave me a temp reg good for 30 days (it was a pink piece of paper I taped in the rear window), and told me to come back with the smog cert within those 30 days.

I have florida temp tags as of yesterday. Which of course... are nice.. valid through 10/1. :notsure: if cali CHP gives a fk about that.

Man I don't understand why this is turning into a such a fucking cluster, outside of utter :dillerman: incompetence.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:15 pm Actually, now I remember...when I bought my JK in Vegas, I went to the DMV without a smog check. I assumed I didn't need one because it was a brand new vehicle.

I have florida temp tags as of yesterday. Which of course... are nice.. valid through 10/1. :notsure: if cali CHP gives a fk about that.

Man I don't understand why this is turning into a such a fucking cluster, outside of utter :dillerman: incompetence.
If you feel like lighting time on fire, you can go to your DMV appt on Thurs with what you have and see what happens. They'll probably send you on your way with the CA reg, which you know for sure the CHP won't hassle you over. Then you'll have to go back when you have the title, but it would buy you some breathing room.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:19 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:17 pm

If you feel like lighting time on fire, you can go to your DMV appt on Thurs with what you have and see what happens. They'll probably send you on your way with the CA reg, which you know for sure the CHP won't hassle you over. Then you'll have to go back when you have the title, but it would buy you some breathing room.
I think this will be my plan. I don't think I'll have another option without trying. The DMV may apply for a "lost title" and I can deal with that piece. I believe that while I don't have a single piece of original paperwork, I do have copies of everything that is needed. So I hope the DMV person isn't an absolute bitch, which they tend to be.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:19 pm
I think this will be my plan. I don't think I'll have another option without trying. The DMV may apply for a "lost title" and I can deal with that piece. I believe that while I don't have a single piece of original paperwork, I do have copies of everything that is needed. So I hope the DMV person isn't an absolute bitch, which they tend to be.
I had a split record of decent vs bitchy DMV reps. And I went to the DMV A LOT when I was in CA.

I bought my Volvo 240 without a title. Filled out a bill of sale and lost title form and took it to the DMV. Technically, the seller is supposed to do that before the sale, but didn't. Dude behind the counter was super cool and processed everything without hassle...when he could have told me to :gtfo: and make the seller do it. Had the title in my name within a few weeks.

But the lady I got when I went in for my 944 went :triggered: when she saw the selling price on the title IIRC I paid $5k for the car. She was all "Porsches are expensive, you must be lying, etc, etc". They forced me to bring the car around back for an inspection to prove that it wasn't worth that much. The dude that looked at it was all "oh yea, these 944's are worthless" and signed some form with which I got to go spend an hour in line with to get my damned reg. That was an entire day down the toilet.
max225

"someone from the title department will call me for sure today" :notsure: that's what I heard about a week ago.... :wtf: they are not giving me their number :doe:
Fucking hurricant isn't helping
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:49 pm "someone from the title department will call me for sure today" :notsure: that's what I heard about a week ago.... :wtf: they are not giving me their number :doe:
Fucking hurricant isn't helping
max225

3rd Party Title "processing" center is telling me the DMV in florida is closed this week due to Hurricane and they can't help me, also they told me they were waiting on "funds confirmation" from the :dillerman: :wat: car has been paid off for weeks now.

:fullretard: called the salesperson who will "investigate this".

Yea... :mahtroy: luck over here. At least I have the car :doe: and its in good shape.
max225

:thisisfine:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:08 pm Image

There’s some sort of a joke here about a clown pulling a rabbit out of a hat, but I’m tired and not feeling clever today.

And yes, I know magicians do the rabbit from hats shit.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

That makes the golf look huge and boring even in that loud color.
max225

New mini is YUGE though... ENORMOUS... :laugh:

This thing is such a damn riot to drive. Still... the low end torque is shockingly strong
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

What's up with the planters with no plants in them?

Car looks sweet :doe:

I would just rock the FL plates until the :dillerman: morons work it out. I see temp plates from plenty of different states here, can't imagine it would be an issue.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:21 pm

What's up with the planters with no plants in them?

Car looks sweet :doe:

I would just rock the FL plates until the :dillerman: morons work it out. I see temp plates from plenty of different states here, can't imagine it would be an issue.
(No plants because drought, even thought that's done, we're trying to conserve water I suppose)
Yea I am thinking I may change my appointment now...

Just checked... earliest other appointment is 9/18/19... and I am leaving for NY that week... so I won't be back until the 25th. :thisisfine: I think I will still attempt to go in thursday to see what happens.
I have the Smog Check, and a copy of every single piece of paper the :dillerman: sent to me... :oops: :notsure: what else I can do.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:13 pm New mini is YUGE though... ENORMOUS... :laugh:

This thing is such a damn riot to drive. Still... the low end torque is shockingly strong
This is now like #1 reason to go to commiefornia
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

What :225: are on this?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm What :225: are on this?
:205: 's baby :lol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm What :225: are on this?
:fuckyeah:
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:34 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm

:fuckyeah:
Tiny car, tiny gas tank, tiny tires. It's a beautiful thing mang. I :wub: it. And because I don't need more space than this 99% of the time it is quite a bit of :fuckyeah: for me.
max225

@Those that have a mini, where is a good place to get an OEM Air compressor *used" and perhaps some new racing stripes for the hood ?

Anyone had good luck replacing these?
max225

Such Engine much wrath