Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:50 am
Apex wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Yeah... I need to get my level on and then see about some 32s...

Nearly 20mpg on my new commute now. :notbad:
:notbad: indeed.

Level and 32's will impact that quite a bit :doe:
:word:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apparently my Gladiator is scheduled to be build and estimated to ship at the end of the 2nd week of Sept. My ZR2 goes back the middle of that week (9/11), so maybe I'll only be without a truck for a week or so. Here's hoping.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:12 pm Apparently my Gladiator is scheduled to be build and estimated to ship at the end of the 2nd week of Sept. My ZR2 goes back the middle of that week (9/11), so maybe I'll only be without a truck for a week or so. Here's hoping.
:fuckyeah: :excited: :popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Shouldn't thread title be changed to The Garage at Balls Deep?
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:12 pm Apparently my Gladiator is scheduled to be build and estimated to ship at the end of the 2nd week of Sept. My ZR2 goes back the middle of that week (9/11), so maybe I'll only be without a truck for a week or so. Here's hoping.
:excited:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:13 pm Shouldn't thread title be changed to The Garage at Balls Deep?
True, I no longer live at Bag End.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:04 pm
Yea, I'm still :notsure: ...until it's actually shipped on a truck headed north, a lot can happen to push that date back.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm
wap wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:13 pm Shouldn't thread title be changed to The Garage at Balls Deep?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm
I do not have the power to change titles :doe:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:12 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Yea, I'm still :notsure: ...until it's actually shipped on a truck headed north
Too close :triggered:
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:18 pm

:(
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Yes you do, edit first post
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:43 pm
:ohdang:

:mindblown:

:fuckyeah:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:18 pm I do not have the power to change titles :doe:
:dat:

:themoreyouknow:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Came for :jeep: :truk: updates, turns out it was just a :balls: update.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:02 pm Came for :jeep: :truk: updates, turns out it was just a :balls: update.
Well, it was supposedly assigned a build date along with a ship date of 9/14. So that's progress, even if I am still :notsure: about the accuracy (plenty of opportunities for "delays").

It took a month to get this far (ordered 7/31) and nobody internally can figure out why it took so long to get to this point. The Gladiator forum is full of people :rage: that they've been waiting forever to get their ordered trucks, so I know I'm not alone. Just surprising that someone on the inside can't even make anything happen.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:43 pm

:ohdang:

:mindblown:

Order is restored :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth

Well, a thing was done...a :plac: move made last night.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowst ... N6JW211487

Pics to come soon.

2018 JL Sahara equipped exactly as I would. Surprisingly close to exactly as I would, which is remarkable. It has more features than the Wrangler we originally went to look at (has LEDs, 2.0T, 8.4" Screen, proximity entry, hardtop headliner, anti-spin axle, TOWING is huge for us)...what's neat is with the LSD rear end, it's all we'd need to go wheeling in MI if we chose to do so with it. Couldn't have worked out better. Facts first, then story if anyone cares:

MSRP: $52,020
Selling price: $41,980

So just over $10k off, which I thought was fair...but what put it over the top was the trade-in value they gave on the Volt...

$14k

Carvana offered $11.5k last night (I checked while at the dealer)...KBB claims $14k is the top of the "good condition" range for trade, which I've never gotten before. Usually the trade offer is the bottom of the "poor condition" range.

Very very pleased with the :dill:

How it all went down:

Went to look at this:
https://www.billsnethkamp.net/new-Highl ... G9JW304361

We got there, and they "couldn't find it". :tits: was annoyed, so the :dillerman: threw us the keys to the one we ended up with while he went to figure out what happened to the gray one. He just let us loose in the thing on our own, which was pretty nice. I told the wife the one we were in had options she wouldn't care about like the 2.0T, hard top headliner, rear axle, LEDz. BUT, it would be good to experience.

WELLLL she loves the hard top headliner. "Doesn't look like a porta potty now" she said...once she saw it, it was bumped up to the "must have" list. Great.

The 2.0T has a ton of torque...it's really quite great. She was impressed when she pulled into traffic and started cutting people off, driving like she normally does. "This thing is really peppy!"...I had a feeling that moved up the necessity list as well. The ride in the Sahara is fantastic, really compliant but not floaty. The wind noise was surprisingly quiet...even when we took it on the highway. It's possible the headliner makes a difference?

As we pulled back into the :dillerman: , she remarked that it was her favorite vehicle she's driven yet. She liked it "better than the Ram even!" she exclaimed, which is high praise because that was her benchmark. As we pulled in, the :dillerman: had found the gray one and pulled it out front. She pulled up next to it and got out to poke around the white one some more. Then she saw the LEDs "OMG so cute!" Apparently the halos around the headlights make the front of the Jeep, and when she saw the gray one claimed it looked "like a poor Jeep". Great.

I suggest she drive the gray one anyway, and does. The lack of headliner really bothered her for some reason, and she really noticed a difference between the 2.0 and the 3.6. She said she felt she had to "floor it to go anywhere" whereas the 2.0 "just goes". Whatever...the test drive didn't last long, she was sold on the more expensive one.

Went in to "talk numbers" and the sales guy was brutally honest "dude, we've been sitting on this thing forever, what's it take to get you in it? I tell him $5k under employee price, which is roughly $11k under MSRP. He pulls the whole "man, I dunno" but goes off to "talk to his manager". :rolleyes:

The fucking manager then just comes back with him a minute later (no more back and forth :fuckyeah: )and says "we'll do $4k under employee, that's it. I'm honestly losing money on it, but I really want it gone". $4k under was $10k under MSRP. I give him a :notsure: look and mention how old it is, etc...then he suggests we talk about trade.

He takes the key to the Volt and goes off. Comes back not 5 minutes later and says "OK, what do you need for it?" I was expecting a $10-12k offer or some shit, so I go "high" and say $14k. I might have went too low because he immediately put out his hand to shake on the :dill: I chuckle and ask him to put it all in writing which he did on the spot.

So now we have a badass :jeep: I'm actually really excited about it, :tits: is ecstatic.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Congrats! Sad about the Volt but I don't blame you one bit at all. Two heeps in the driveway soon so when is the brub getting trail rated badges?

The LSD equipped Sahara's get a slightly more aggressive looking tire as well? It helps alot.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

That’s awesome dude! Congrats.
Apex

That’s fucking awesome Dplac!
Hope :tits: enjoys the JLU and it sticks around for awhile.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:06 am Congrats! Sad about the Volt but I don't blame you one bit at all. Two heeps in the driveway soon so when is the brub getting trail rated badges?

The LSD equipped Sahara's get a slightly more aggressive looking tire as well? It helps alot.
I kinda figured you might not be a buyer at $14k anyway...plus it was super easy to just trade keys basically.

The LSD axle forces the upgraded wheels that come with the more aggressive tires. They're marked "All Terrain" but they're more of a balance between street and offroad. I think they're great. I also really prefer the optional Sahara wheels to the standard ones.

Standard:

Optional:
ChrisoftheNorth

Those tires aren't the ones we have tho...I'll have pics this afternoon.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:02 pm Came for :jeep: :truk: updates, turns out it was just a :balls: update.
Well, it was supposedly assigned a build date along with a ship date of 9/14. So that's progress, even if I am still :notsure: about the accuracy (plenty of opportunities for "delays").

It took a month to get this far (ordered 7/31) and nobody internally can figure out why it took so long to get to this point. The Gladiator forum is full of people :rage: that they've been waiting forever to get their ordered trucks, so I know I'm not alone. Just surprising that someone on the inside can't even make anything happen.
:howdareu:

check you privilege bro.