Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:35 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:16 am

Was there a peice delta between the two trannies? Resale is probably the only other factor in this equation.

Auto trans is so much better in performance cars anymore.
Every car I can think of is worth more with a manual when used.
I didn't see it in my search, but data points on JCWs are nearly impossible to find, they are rare (there were 5 for sale, Oregon car M 25k that was trashed, Socal car with no options and M for 22k, Auto car in sf for 22k, M car in Colorado for 27k, and Florida car with A for 22k. they were all within 3k of one another, but options were quite different among them, msrp varied by up to 10k between the socal car and the one I got.

It is what it is, prolly lit 25k on fire, but at least it wasn't 45k new...

The other alternative could have been a Civic sport at 22k. But it is just way more common, has a much shittier interior, doesn't have the same power, brakes etc. Mini was a :troywax: purchase... but i am coming from a 80k :troywax: so it was a downgrade either way...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:35 pm

Every car I can think of is worth more with a manual when used.
I didn't see it in my search, but data points on JCWs are nearly impossible to find, they are rare (there were 5 for sale, Oregon car M 25k that was trashed, Socal car with no options and M for 22k, Auto car in sf for 22k, M car in Colorado for 27k, and Florida car with A for 22k. they were all within 3k of one another, but options were quite different among them, msrp varied by up to 10k between the socal car and the one I got.

The other alternative could have been a Civic sport at 22k. But it is just way more common, has a much shittier interior, doesn't have the same power, brakes etc. Mini was a :troywax: purchase... but i am coming from a 80k :troywax: so it was a downgrade either way...
I think you got a fair deal, I doubt it'll drop a ton in a year or two, probably $5K-8K lit on fire which is normal to below average cost.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:50 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:45 pm

I think you got a fair deal, I doubt it'll drop a ton in a year or two, probably $5K-8K lit on fire which is normal to below average cost.
the way I see it is that the BMW after tax was nearly ~760 a month, tires were $100 a month for it, insurance $150, gas $200, reg $50.
The mini is going to be about 1/2 of that to other than insurance. So I am "saving" $400 a month (3 steak dinners, or 1hr with a special friend), and the BMW didn't exactly hurt my budget.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:54 pm

the way I see it is that the BMW after tax was nearly ~760 a month, tires were $100 a month for it, insurance $150, gas $200, reg $50.
The mini is going to be about 1/2 of that to other than insurance. So I am "saving" $400 a month (3 steak dinners, or 1hr with a special friend), and the BMW didn't exactly hurt my budget.
:hubba:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I’m actually pricing out a tugboat right now.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:37 pm

What's a tugboat?
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Just keep it away from the USS Maddox in the Gulf of Tonkin otherwise you'll be searching for a new roommate. :trollface:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:45 pm

What's a tugboat?
It was a handjob joke...

But I’m pricing out an actual tugboat for work to pull one of the cruisers at our dock.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:20 pm

What's a tugboat?
It was a handjob joke...

But I’m pricing out an actual tugboat for work to pull one of the cruisers at our dock.
Using MaxMath it should only run you about $15.
max225

What's a tugboat?
It was a handjob joke...

Tugjob vs tugboat :bruh: what's the pricing on that :doe:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:35 pm

It was a handjob joke...

Tugjob vs tugboat :bruh: what's the pricing on that :doe:
We call the girls that give handjobs tugboats :doe:

More than you can afford, pal.
max225

So speaking of handjobs.

I told the "finance manager" who is obviously a genius, that I need the title last thursday. His response
"sure I'll check with accounting and send it out first thing monday"

Today is Wednesday.... 6 days after my original request, obviously no title...

I texted him with a check list for the California DMV that clearly states I need the title :ayfkm: like how on earth would someone who handles paperwork for a living not know that? !

He mentioned "give me a few I'll check to see the status"

I haven't heard back in 3 hrs.

:dillerman: gonna :dillerman:
$899 doc fee
SAWCE

Any updates on where in the U.S. your car is at?

If Graves has made it to the dealer to check it out we should have had him attach one of those Square Tile things for when you lose your keys in one of the wheel wells...
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 pm Any updates on where in the U.S. your car is at?

If Graves has made it to the dealer to check it out we should have had him attach one of those Square Tile things for when you lose your keys in one of the wheel wells...
Emailed the shipping company.... :notsure: if they will respond. I asked to get clarification whether the car will be here on 9/2 or 9/3
max225

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 pm Any updates on where in the U.S. your car is at?

Emailed the shipping company.... :notsure: if they will respond. I asked to get clarification whether the car will be here on 9/2 or 9/3
Sorry, they still aren’t exactly sure when they will be dropping this one off with you. It should still be this weekend but it is a little too soon still to say exactly when. I will have a better update for you on Friday. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.
:rolleyes:

As expected
max225

In other random car news... i drove a 2019 Rabbit spec GTI that belongs to my work buddy.
I let him drive the M3, and now he won't stop talking about it... so he let me drive his baby...

Here are some tidbits.

Good:
Seats are excellent, I think they are more comfortable than the ones in my M3.
The turbo noises are fun, with windows down you hear some woooshes, it honestly felt about as quick as the R. Those that say it's "WORLDS APART" :notsure:
Power is adequate... not fast not low, just about right, perfect in a DD especially with the DSG, and it runs on donkey piss
Loved the ride quality, firm but not too firm.
Visibility is great, although i feel like you sit way higher in the golf over the m3
DSGAY is nice and smooth, no complaints
Backseat is bigger than in the BMW, thanks to the breadbox shape

The mediocre:
Brakes... Meh same as the golf R, just nothing good or bad.
Steering... way too light... same as the R
Some power is lacking under 2000rpm, as with any low displacement engine

The bad:
Car is way too quiet, no exhaust noises at all even with the giant rabbit tips
built quality is a bit odd, i am not one to bitch about this much....
But I noticed the rear spoiler is coming off a bit in the ends (Rabbit has a specific spoiler on top of the spoiler) kind of a small lip.
Front fog light housing didn't look completely flush.
Backup camera quality is abysmal... :wtf: the golf R was WAYYY better in that department, but this car had the base stereo which I am assuming can be updated
Last edited by max225 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:58 pm In other random car news... i drove a 2019 Rabbit spec GTI that belongs to my work buddy.
I let him drive the M3, and now he won't stop talking about it... so he let me drive his baby...

Here are some tidbits.

Good:
The turbo noises are fun, with windows down you hear some woooshes, it honestly felt about as quick as the R. Those that say it's "WORLDS APART" :notsure:
Power is adequate... not fast not low, just about right, perfect in a DD especially with the DSG, and it runs on donkey piss
Visibility is great, although i feel like you sit way higher in the golf over the m3

The mediocre:

The bad:
But I noticed the rear spoiler is coming off a bit in the ends (Rabbit has a specific spoiler on top of the spoiler) kind of a small lip.
Backup camera quality is abysmal... :wtf: the golf R was WAYYY better in that department, but this car had the base stereo which I am assuming can be updated
Sounds like every GTI ever. At least these ones look cool :doe:
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:09 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:58 pm In other random car news... i drove a 2019 Rabbit spec GTI that belongs to my work buddy.

Here are some tidbits.

Good:

The mediocre:

The bad:
:( I suppose it is what it is then... it's a great DD.
max225

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:26 pm So speaking of handjobs.

I told the "finance manager" who is obviously a genius, that I need the title last thursday. His response

I texted him with a check list for the California DMV that clearly states I need the title :ayfkm: like how on earth would someone who handles paperwork for a living not know that? !

$899 doc fee
No response.
:rage: fucking imbeciles
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:26 pm So speaking of handjobs.

$899 doc fee
No response.
Hibachi, THEN respond. Do you even :dillerman: bro?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm
No response.
It has been nearly a fucking week since the wrong set of docs was sent.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 pm
:thisisfine:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 pm

:thisisfine:
Yea, good thing no one knows where the car is or when it's getting here. Otherwise I wouldn't have a bad time at the DMV as is. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Yup. Honestly GTI and my Kamry are very similar dynamically and performance wise, despite FWD versus RWD... both are sort of fun but not that fun once you’ve driven real performance cars.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:15 am
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Yup. Honestly GTI and my Kamry are very similar dynamically and performance wise, despite FWD versus RWD... both are sort of fun but not that fun once you’ve driven real performance cars.
It depends on which ones you're comparing. 328i and Gti, yes. 335i has a significantly better motor for DDing and general 0fg derping. ///M is not comparable at all.