Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:25 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:14 am

You're lucky you got one so fast. They must prioritize/assign them differently by the service you need.

I was trying to get in to get a RealID at the beginning of July and the first appt. I could get was October 8th at one 20 miles away, at something like 10:20AM. So much for work that day.
I am taking time off work and driving 30 miles one way. How is that luck ? Just did a search of every dmv office in that radius and picked one that had the earliest availability
I did the same thing... I searched all the way up into Yuba county/Chico/Redding area and down as far as Salinas and everywhere in between, including the central valley. Nothing sooner than mid-October when I was looking.. I was hoping to find something in July while my schedule was much more flexible to taking off from work.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:32 am
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:25 am

I am taking time off work and driving 30 miles one way. How is that luck ? Just did a search of every dmv office in that radius and picked one that had the earliest availability
I did the same thing... I searched all the way up into Yuba county/Chico/Redding area and down as far as Salinas and everywhere in between, including the central valley. Nothing sooner than mid-October when I was looking.. I was hoping to find something in July while my schedule was much more flexible to taking off from work.
Yea it’s not too bad now. When you check the site daily, sometimes same day opens up. I am lucky enough to have a lot of work flexibility at the moment. I don’t have the car yet so I don’t want to make anything sooner than the 5th of September. Supposed delivery date is “2nd or 3rd” but we shall see. I am not holding my breath, considering the incompetence of the place.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:45 am
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:22 am

No I am not going to slow my roll I am pissed AF.
I am not asking them to do jack shit with their $899 doc fee, they couldn’t even get the make and model of the car right.

All that is necessary is for me is to get the original paperwork. How hard can that be? They are not registering the car for me because they are that useless and they couldn’t even get the taxes etc right. I am doing it myself now.

I paid for the car in cash, no financing nothing. This is the simplest transaction that could possibly happen. And it was fucked 5x, where I had to hold the hand of the salesperson and then the finance person and now I can’t even get a motherfucking title.

This is not on me this is on them, they are incompetent.
I understand you being pissed off, but not all :dillerman: are mouthbreathing pieces of shit. Many are, but most humans these days are selfish mouthbreathers anyway.

Get ahold of the back office staff. Skip the front office.
I’m trying.... supposedly it’ll go out “Monday” it’s just really frustrating to deal with people that just can’t do simple tasks. They are supposed to be the experts on this not some rando dude from 2500 miles away. This isn’t my job.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:53 am
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:51 am
I’m trying.... supposedly it’ll go out “Monday” it’s just really frustrating to deal with people that just can’t do simple tasks. They are supposed to be the experts on this not some rando dude from 2500 miles away. This isn’t my job.
No dealership is an expert on long distance out of state transactions.

This is why state rule is stupid.
Sure but what is required for any transaction ? A title... which I don’t have. I’m talking basics only. Also this dealershit told me they do out of state “all the time” so obviously they are liars also
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:13 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Sure but what is required for any transaction ? A title... which I don’t have. I’m talking basics only. Also this dealershit told me they do out of state “all the time” so obviously they are liars also
:lol:

Fair enough. These guys do sound particularly bad. The Schnoz strikes again.

They probably do over the state line - Georgia, Alabama, other southern states. Not California.

Should've just paid for the car, had them ship it, and then you handle your own registration/title when it arrives. Hindsight blows.
:bruh: ... you do realize that’s what’s I’m trying to do?

I told them not to do anything with registration because I sensed incompetence early in the process. I just bought the car outright.

They can’t get me the paperwork I require so that I can register it myself.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:13 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Fair enough. These guys do sound particularly bad. The Schnoz strikes again.

They probably do over the state line - Georgia, Alabama, other southern states. Not California.

Should've just paid for the car, had them ship it, and then you handle your own registration/title when it arrives. Hindsight blows.
Doc fee already snorted away by The Shnoz
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:56 am
This is why I hate :dillerman: , always useless mouth breathers, this is their job, their livelihood... and they can’t do a simple task. Like why would I know what I need that’s on them not me to figure out, imagine if I was a :derp:

I am still not 100% sure on the docs required for the dmv here, I know it’s title plus smog plus application for reg, I have 1/3.

To make matters worse, it takes weeks to get an appointment because of illegals clogging the up the system, so I pre booked one 5 days ago for the 6th 30 miles away, otherwise it would be 6 weeks for the dmv walking distance from my house.

If I don’t have the required docs they will Just tell me to pound sand.

Sigh
You're lucky you got one so fast. They must prioritize/assign them differently by the service you need.

I was trying to get in to get a RealID at the beginning of July and the first appt. I could get was October 8th at one 20 miles away, at something like 10:20AM. So much for work that day.
Yeah my license is expired and I’m replacing it with the realID license. Booked my appointment at the end of July and it’s not until Oct 11..
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Yeah my license is expired and I’m replacing it with the realID license. Booked my appointment at the end of July and it’s not until Oct 11..
You guys have to book an appointment in advance to great a realID?? :wtf: I just walked into my local DMV office right before my birthday back in May with the required dox in hand and walked out with a temporary one 30-40 minutes later with the real one mailed to me about 10 days after that. Several people were there doing the same thing. Cray...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:44 pm

You guys have to book an appointment in advance to great a realID?? :wtf: I just walked into my local DMV office right before my birthday back in May with the required dox in hand and walked out with a temporary one 30-40 minutes later with the real one mailed to me about 10 days after that. Several people were there doing the same thing. Cray...
You can walk in also, right after a 300 person illegal line
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:ayfkm:

I had to renew in person last year and had a weird situation where they didn't mail me, or the mail didn't get delivered. Two weeks before my Birthday I called to ask about my renewal and where my DL was... After 2 hours on hold they told me I had to come in since I hadn't had a picture update in 20 years. Couldn't get an appointment, so I just went in the next day, which was a Wednesday.

Line was already about 200 people 20 minutes before they opened. Took almost 2 hours to get inside, to sit and wait 6 more hours and finally get called 10 minutes before the office closed.

I spent the whole day listening to 6 dudes from somewhere South of the US asking if getting an ID in California would keep them from getting deported. These guys were fucking morons. If you're going to break the law, at least know what the law is, what the penalties are and how the system works.

Worst day in my life, easily. the :rage: was building and I was tempted to tell them I worked for INS just to cut down my wait after they ran out the door.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:13 pm

I had to renew in person last year and had a weird situation where they didn't mail me, or the mail didn't get delivered. Two weeks before my Birthday I called to ask about my renewal and where my DL was... After 2 hours on hold they told me I had to come in since I hadn't had a picture update in 20 years. Couldn't get an appointment, so I just went in the next day, which was a Wednesday.

Line was already about 200 people 20 minutes before they opened. Took almost 2 hours to get inside, to sit and wait 6 more hours and finally get called 10 minutes before the office closed.

I spent the whole day listening to 6 dudes from somewhere South of the US asking if getting an ID in California would keep them from getting deported. These guys were fucking morons. If you're going to break the law, at least know what the law is, what the penalties are and how the system works.

Worst day in my life, easily. the :rage: was building and I was tempted to tell them I worked for INS just to cut down my wait after they ran out the door.
All of :dat: walking in without an appointment down here you have like a 1% chance of actually getting shit done. They also forgot to mail me anything about my license expiring this year.
max225

Car was supposed to be picked up today ... texted dealer she told me she hasn’t heard from them.
Called transport company straight to VM.
I give up. :thisisfine:

It’s 5:30 pm in Florida and dealer closes soon.

:thisisfine:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:28 pm Car was supposed to be picked up today ... texted dealer she told me she hasn’t heard from them.

Buy my plane ticket. I'll go :massles: smash some knee caps and drive the car back myself.
max225

I am getting closer to actually considering to do that. This has been annoying AF
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:38 pm I am getting closer to actually considering to do that. This has been annoying AF
BROad trip!! Leave the AZN at home, she'll be miserable in the back seat behind us.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:38 pm I am getting closer to actually considering to do that. This has been annoying AF
BROad trip!! Leave the AZN at home, she'll be miserable in the back seat behind us.
Shockingly she fit just fine behind another 6’+ bro but yea I’d leave sand at the beach.

Caila texted me back that her boss called the shipping company and “they are looking into it”

:ayfkm: this was supposed to happen at delivery not pick up
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Shockingly she fit just fine behind another 6’+ bro but yea I’d leave sand at the beach.

Caila texted me back that her boss called the shipping company and “they are looking into it”

Sorry man..

Florida :doe:

This was supposed to be your driver: https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Florid ... 13741.html
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:28 pm Car was supposed to be picked up today ... texted dealer she told me she hasn’t heard from them.

Buy my plane ticket. I'll go :massles: smash some knee caps and drive the car back myself.

Come at me, Bro.

SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Come at me, Bro.

That wink :lolol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:13 pm

What is actually happening over there:

The fact they can't seem to mail your title over is extremely questionable.
wap

:disgust:

Re the bolded, :really: Never had a scary health diagnosis? Never lost someone close to you? Never got to the hospital literally minutes after a beloved relative died alone because you didn't drive quite fast enough?
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:16 pm

All of :dat: walking in without an appointment down here you have like a 1% chance of actually getting shit done. They also forgot to mail me anything about my license expiring this year.
Wow. My experience was completely painless and went exactly as it was supposed to. :unicorn: experience, I guess. :iono:
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Come at me, Bro.

SAWCE

wap wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Wow. My experience was completely painless and went exactly as it was supposed to. :unicorn: experience, I guess. :iono:
California DMV is notoriously shit.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:55 pm

:disgust:

Re the bolded, :really: Never had a scary health diagnosis? Never lost someone close to you? Never got to the hospital literally minutes after a beloved relative died alone because you didn't drive quite fast enough?
Yes, I have. Thought I was having a heart attack or stroke about 10 years ago.

At least in that situation I knew that it would be over fast, one way or the other. At the DMV I had no such hope for sweet relief.