Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:56 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 pm

:dillerman: :tits: referred me to a transport company $1495 quote through them... which seems :notbad: they are supposedly double insured and :dill: with this :dillerman: all the time.

So the :dill: is getting closer... :gaydance: I am waiting on Cayla to get back to me with a few questions like if the car is 50 state legal and the whole registration/piece.
:notbad: updates. $1500 seems reasonable to me as well.
And I just got hit with a $899 dealer doc fee. :wtf: :oops: What's wrong with this non sense... literally and they TAX the fee too so it's nearly 1k for their "FEE" on top of the selling price.
max225

Just added it up... $1300 in dealer "fees" plus taxes on "fees" :wtf:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:15 pm Just added it up... $1300 in dealer "fees" plus taxes on "fees" :wtf:
And fifteen hunnit shipping. Lawl. Almost $3k in convenience costs.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Fuck that, buy a $400 flight and spend a week driving the car home.
SAWCE

But I guess you’re still paying the $1300 in :dillerman: fees then. Maybe they’ll lower them if you fly in? Less work on their end since they don’t have to deal with the shipping company at all?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:55 pm But I guess you’re still paying the $1300 in :dillerman: fees then. Maybe they’ll lower them if you fly in? Less work on their end since they don’t have to deal with the shipping company at all?
I have no major issues with the $1495 shipping quote, its $420 higher than the others I have gotten, but at least it's through the :dillerman: so I have a bit more faith...

I have an issue with the fucking bullshit fees they tried to hit me with. She gave me an in state quote after specifically stated many times that I am out of state... like how hard can that be?
Overall I almost :rage: 'ed out of the :dill.

Now we're looking at around $1176 in :dillerman: total fees (Whatever the shit they are, down from $1500 earlier when she was quoting me in state BS), even with that + shipping it is still looking decent. I'll see if I can perhaps reduce it by $500 but I doubt they will budge.

:notsure: the price is decent... I am just peeved that shipping + random fees are $1k higher than I thought... not THAT bad... but I am having communication issues with them at this point.

@[user not found] are minis 50 state smog legal ? I asked the dealer to check but she is fking clueless... i even sent her a pic of the label... but she can't check it because "its raining" :wtf:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Those fees are fucking bullshit. You should deduct $1000 for "buyers fee". You're doing almost as much work as they are.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Caila is so high maintenance damn
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:55 pm But I guess you’re still paying the $1300 in :dillerman: fees then. Maybe they’ll lower them if you fly in? Less work on their end since they don’t have to deal with the shipping company at all?
I have no major issues with the $1495 shipping quote, its $420 higher than the others I have gotten, but at least it's through the :dillerman: so I have a bit more faith...

I have an issue with the fucking bullshit fees they tried to hit me with. She gave me an in state quote after specifically stated many times that I am out of state... like how hard can that be?
Overall I almost :rage: 'ed out of the :dill.

Now we're looking at around $1176 in :dillerman: total fees (Whatever the shit they are, down from $1500 earlier when she was quoting me in state BS), even with that + shipping it is still looking decent. I'll see if I can perhaps reduce it by $500 but I doubt they will budge.

:notsure: the price is decent... I am just peeved that shipping + random fees are $1k higher than I thought... not THAT bad... but I am having communication issues with them at this point.

@[user not found] are minis 50 state smog legal ? I asked the dealer to check but she is fking clueless... i even sent her a pic of the label... but she can't check it because "its raining" :wtf:
:tits: melt in the rain bro
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Wow... $1100 in fees is :fullretard: but I guess it brings the price up to normal market... :disgust:

I know on the 328i there are two different motors, one is CA legal, one isn’t. N20 is 49 state, N26 50 IIRC.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Max, ask for an itemized breakdown of the dock fee and what it goes toward. That’s where you can catch them on their bullshit
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 pm Max, ask for an itemized breakdown of the dock fee and what it goes toward. That’s where you can catch them on their bullshit
Does it matter ? They told me it’s non negotiable and that dealers charge $399-1399 in this state ... so I’ll ask for $500 of the non negotiable car price which will likely not happen either way :rage: .

The total price including shipping is $24,800 as it sits now. Which is ok. There is no way of dealing this this type of thing whether I want to ask them to itemize or not that’s what they decided to charge. These things are impossible to find... so yea
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 pm Max, ask for an itemized breakdown of the dock fee and what it goes toward. That’s where you can catch them on their bullshit
Does it matter ? They told me it’s non negotiable and that dealers charge $399-1399 in this state ... so I’ll ask for $500 of the non negotiable car price which will likely not happen either way :rage: .

The total price including shipping is $24,800 as it sits now. Which is ok. There is no way of dealing this this type of thing whether I want to ask them to itemize or not that’s what they decided to charge. These things are impossible to find... so yea
Just buy it and drive it home.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:56 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 pm

2500 miles ? And 40hrs? This isn’t about the shipping fee it’s fine. I emailed the “sales general manager”, who emailed me this am.... I am at a loss with :tits: she didn’t email be back thanks to the rain, and was a total twat today
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:56 pm

2500 miles ? And 40hrs? This isn’t about the shipping fee it’s fine.
It's not that much farther than the Corvette museum. When you buy your C8 you're going to do that right?
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 pm
2500 miles ? And 40hrs? This isn’t about the shipping fee it’s fine.
It's not that much farther than the Corvette museum. When you buy your C8 you're going to do that right?
:idunno:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:39 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 am

You should pay taxes in your home state... I paid about $700 in NC for reg/sales tax on the Beemah. I believe the :dillerman: fees were like $200, it was much less than here.

I think I paid $21.4k + $450 shipping, $200 :dillerman: rape fees and $700ish in NC rape fees.
Wrong. If it’s a dealer, they should do registration and taxes for you.

NC is unique because you have property tax on motor vehicles, which Max doesn’t have in Cali. Just the 10% sales tax.

We do out of state registrations all the time, we collect and remit taxes to the state of registration. It’s how it works.

You won’t get double taxed.
That’s what I meant. You should pay taxes TO your home state, through the dealer. This is actually how the :derp: :dillerman: borked my Civic Si deal. They showed up with the car and said I owed another $800 because tax wasn’t included in the OTD price since they were in SC :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:43 am
Or just focus on a total OTD number. Itemizations don’t matter when you do it that way.

Welcome to doing business outside of Cali.
Yea, this makes sense. If the cash out number is acceptable, who cares how they got there?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 pm Wow... $1100 in fees is :fullretard: but I guess it brings the price up to normal market... :disgust:

I know on the 328i there are two different motors, one is CA legal, one isn’t. N20 is 49 state, N26 50 IIRC.
Only for sale NEW in the state. Any vehicle can be registered used in the state as long as it passes a smog check...and any newer car will.

There really isn't any physical difference between the cars, it's just extra fees the OEM pays to the state to be "50 state legal". All a crock IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:43 am

Or just focus on a total OTD number. Itemizations don’t matter when you do it that way.

Welcome to doing business outside of Cali.
Yea, this makes sense. If the cash out number is acceptable, who cares how they got there?
I couldn’t get an answer as to if they deal with Cali dmv and register the car and get me plates etc. also the initial quote was flat out bullshit, it had 11% tax and ridiculous unknown fees etc.

I am not sure what some of you guys are saying period. I think at this point I’d much rather buy without them doing shit with my state because their fees are atrocious. The taxes and fees added up to 22% of the vehicle price
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:39 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 am

You should pay taxes in your home state... I paid about $700 in NC for reg/sales tax on the Beemah. I believe the :dillerman: fees were like $200, it was much less than here.

I think I paid $21.4k + $450 shipping, $200 :dillerman: rape fees and $700ish in NC rape fees.
Wrong. If it’s a dealer, they should do registration and taxes for you.

NC is unique because you have property tax on motor vehicles, which Max doesn’t have in Cali. Just the 10% sales tax.

We do out of state registrations all the time, we collect and remit taxes to the state of registration. It’s how it works.

You won’t get double taxed.
I am getting tons of mixed messages from you guys. What do you suggest is the appropriate action?
The first quote was 25,600 otd on a 21,900 vehicle.
max225

First quote

Second quote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:29 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 am
I couldn’t get an answer as to if they deal with Cali dmv and register the car and get me plates etc. also the initial quote was flat out bullshit, it had 11% tax and ridiculous unknown fees etc.

I am not sure what some of you guys are saying period. I think at this point I’d much rather buy without them doing shit with my state because their fees are atrocious. The taxes and fees added up to 22% of the vehicle price
From my experience, it can vary from dealer to dealer with how they handle out of state stuff. When we bought our Saab in Illinois, I talked to the finance dude (who was surprisingly cool) and he said some states have reciprocal taxes (Live in MI and buy a car in OH, IL, IN, they collect the taxes and handle that aspect), and others don't.

When I bought my JK in Vegas and lived in CA, They didn't collect taxes or reg, but sent paperwork to the DMV of my choice to get things registered. All I had to do was get a smog check then drive to the DMV where they shockingly had the paperwork on file and I paid the taxes and reg and left with plates.

I wouldn't count on a dealer in FL doing anything for CA being on different coasts unless the dealer ships a lot of vehicles to CA. In this case, it sounds like they have no clue, so I'd just keep asking them for no sales tax collected so you can just do it yourself. If they're going to yank you around too much, just bail OR fly in, do the deal in person, and drive the car home. I've done Detroit to LA in 30 hours before. I love that drive.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 am
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:32 am

I am getting tons of mixed messages from you guys. What do you suggest is the appropriate action?
The first quote was 25,600 otd on a 21,900 vehicle.
#1) Dealer will usually handle your taxes and registration, but it depends on the purchaser's state of registration. It may take a while for the reg, being out of state, but you may not have to handle this yourself when the car arrives back in Cali. You'll just need to get it smogged. If the smogging is conditional for the registration work, then you'll have to get it done and send them back the inspection report so that they can complete the registration process.

The other option is see if they'll not collect sales tax/reg and let you handle it on your own, which may be the case with Cali.

#2) Focus on the OTD number. You know their doc fee, you know what CA registration should be (approx.), you know your sales tax rate. Work backwards and build up your final OTD number off including all those figures and just say, look - I need to be here OTD. However you get there, I don't care. But this is where the deal is. And :micdrop:

Once you start bickering over the doc fee, the dealer will go, "Sorry sir, but everyone pays this fee," and :micdrop: on you. Doc fees are non negotiable once you try to negotiate them. If you're able to find out the doc fee, you can target an OTD price that effectively negotiates most of it out.
Ok, I think we’re all in agreement.

However I don’t think I trust them to handle my Cali shit for me. If I have to go back and forth on whether or not I smogged the car etc it would be essentially :fullretard: I can see shit getting lost etc.
I was never planning on negotiating their doc fee further as it is irrelevant per my earlier post, that’s a non negotiable fee to them. “Everyone pays it even employees” i already asked if $899 is standard for them when they first sent their quote.

That said I’ll see if I can get them down to 22.5 which seems rather unlikely from the 23.1 they quoted me in their latest OTD(non taxed) Quote.

I’m hoping I can do this today ... since weekend saleathon is about to be in full force and I’ll be out of town for 3 days.

Now the real question is, do you happen to remember if minis are 50 state cars or 49?