Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:39 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 pm Maybe I should go visit my mom and check out Cay... The Mini for Max
In her free time, Caila enjoys going to the gym, going out with friends, drinking mimosas at brunch, binge watch Netflix and telling her dog how cute she is.
literally down to netflix and chill according to her profile :lol:
I'll take a test drive. I'll even bring treats for dag, and compare which sounds better.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 pm Maybe I should go visit my mom and check out Cay... The Mini for Max
How far out are you ?
Oh brah I live in NY I was just being pervy. My bad. My mom and brother live about an hour away :doe:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:43 pm

How far out are you ?
Oh brah I live in NY I was just being pervy. My bad. My mom and brother live about an hour away :doe:
:foreveralone:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

In her free time, Caila enjoys going to the gym, going out with friends, drinking mimosas at brunch, binge watch Netflix and telling her dog how cute she is.
:zing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Caila was a nice update to this thread, but needs more car content.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Wow, she is mighty basic... talk about boring interests. :woodplow: :doe:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

$5 says she has "Live Laugh Love" hung somewhere in her apartment and has made something out of a pallet before.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:30 pm Caila was a nice update to this thread, but needs more car content.
No one responded to car cuntent.

That said... I think I have to get some shipping quotes... I got online ones, but I don't know any reputable companies outside of simply googling it.

If you guys know of one let me know... Also enclosed trailer or not? I am not sure what the price diff will be.

The 2 quotes I got for the mini were $1060 and $1083 which is fine by me... "covered" is ok if less than $500 upcharge.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:30 pm Caila was a nice update to this thread, but needs more car content.

That said... I think I have to get some shipping quotes... I got online ones, but I don't know any reputable companies outside of simply googling it.

If you guys know of one let me know... Also enclosed trailer or not? I am not sure what the price diff will be.

The 2 quotes I got for the mini were $1060 and $1083 which is fine by me... "covered" is ok if less than $500 upcharge.
I might spring for covered since the car is on the other side of the country. The car will probably be disgusting making the nearly 3000 mile journey.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

https://reliable-carriers.com/

They won't be cheap but your car will make it without any damage etc.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:14 pm

https://reliable-carriers.com/

They won't be cheap but your car will make it without any damage etc.
Submitted quote request, TY
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My 328 was shipped by a company called “Road Ants” out of Miami that did a good job. IIRC it was $450 from Fort Lauderdale to Charlotte. It came through a ton of rain on one of those multi car carriers you see on the freeway. It was quite dirty but unscathed.

The :dillerman: connected me with this particular shipper.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 am https://www.audijacksonville.com/used/M ... r_listings#

This is my perfect color/option combo. Now I need to figure out shipping situation and or if I’ll have reg issues here. The price even +$1000 shipping is good for me.

Do we have anyone close to Jacksonville ?

This is my perfect spec... getting in touch with the :dillerman: tomorrow... shipping quote is $1049 which is :notbad: pending non insane doc fees this should come in under anything within this state... but... i won't get to drive it before I buy it... :fullretard: or... :jesus: it'll be fine.

1 owner, local to that state, @ excellent :dillerman: with good reviews...
Since it is slow as balls over here...
this is Cayla who is supposedly going to text me pic of hersel.... i mean the mini
:woodplow:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Reliable is the best in the biz IMO, but you'll pay for it. GM used Reliable, and I interacted with them regularly, both back office and drivers. Back office was always great, but the drivers were even better. I remember during the Bison shoot, we were on a remote island that had low trees. The driver parked right after the ferry because he didn't want to scratch his truck on the low trees and harm the reputation of himself or the company. He personally helped us camo the trucks we were shooting then helped us drive them to the location. Really standup dude. If you want a car to make it without damage, Reliable is the company.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 am Reliable is the best in the biz IMO, but you'll pay for it. GM used Reliable, and I interacted with them regularly, both back office and drivers. Back office was always great, but the drivers were even better. I remember during the Bison shoot, we were on a remote island that had low trees. The driver parked right after the ferry because he didn't want to scratch his truck on the low trees and harm the reputation of himself or the company. He personally helped us camo the trucks we were shooting then helped us drive them to the location. Really standup dude. If you want a car to make it without damage, Reliable is the company.
Reliable is not happening... $3133 was their quote :nope:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 am Reliable is the best in the biz IMO, but you'll pay for it. GM used Reliable, and I interacted with them regularly, both back office and drivers. Back office was always great, but the drivers were even better. I remember during the Bison shoot, we were on a remote island that had low trees. The driver parked right after the ferry because he didn't want to scratch his truck on the low trees and harm the reputation of himself or the company. He personally helped us camo the trucks we were shooting then helped us drive them to the location. Really standup dude. If you want a car to make it without damage, Reliable is the company.
Not surprised, they're the best...and you have to pay for that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

From what I understand, there are brokers for this that will get you several quotes from different companies. I don't know much more than that as the BMW :dillerman: handled it for me and I felt that $450 was reasonable so I didn't look elsewhere.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 am

From what I understand, there are brokers for this that will get you several quotes from different companies. I don't know much more than that as the BMW :dillerman: handled it for me and I felt that $450 was reasonable so I didn't look elsewhere.
Yea the brokers quoted me 1k which seems reasonable...
max225

Question what were your dealer fees? You bought from
Florida as well right ? My dealer is asking about my zip code etc and I am asking whether or not they are attempting to collect sales tax on behalf of Cali. I don’t want to be double taxed.
max225

Also the other quote I got from montway.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am

Florida as well right ? My dealer is asking about my zip code etc and I am asking whether or not they are attempting to collect sales tax on behalf of Cali. I don’t want to be double taxed.
You should pay taxes in your home state... I paid about $700 in NC for reg/sales tax on the Beemah. I believe the :dillerman: fees were like $200, it was much less than here.

I think I paid $21.4k + $450 shipping, $200 :dillerman: rape fees and $700ish in NC rape fees.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 am
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am

You should pay taxes in your home state... I paid about $700 in NC for reg/sales tax on the Beemah. I believe the :dillerman: fees were like $200, it was much less than here.

I think I paid $21.4k + $450 shipping, $200 :dillerman: rape fees and $700ish in NC rape fees.
Yea the dealerbae mentioned something about reciprocal state agreements or whatever... I have never heard of it ... but we shall see.

$200 dillerman fees is :notbad: I’m assuming they are going to be higher ... Reno wanted $750-800 which was insane ...

Did you go enclosed ? And you mentioned your :dillerman: had a company quote you ... ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 am

Yea the dealerbae mentioned something about reciprocal state agreements or whatever... I have never heard of it ... but we shall see.

$200 dillerman fees is :notbad: I’m assuming they are going to be higher ... Reno wanted $750-800 which was insane ...

Did you go enclosed ? And you mentioned your :dillerman: had a company quote you ... ?
Yeah reciprocal states is a good thing, it just means that the :dillerman: can handle everything for you like if you bought it in CA, they will pay the taxes and stuff to CA, you do everything through them. You don't have to pay FL taxes. I bought the C5 in South Carolina this was as well (Charlotte is 30 minutes from SC so people buy cars there all of the time).

Mine was shipped on an open car hauler like the ones you see new cars being delivered on, it got very dirty as it was November and rainy, but it arrived without a scratch or ding, all was good, it was nerve racking though.

The :dillerman: I purchased through seems to specialize in selling off lease enthusiast stuff, they had some pretty high end cars so I think delivery is normal (and yet the process was still painful). Basically they paid the broker my $450, she called me and we set the dates and stuff and that was all I had to do.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 am

Yeah reciprocal states is a good thing, it just means that the :dillerman: can handle everything for you like if you bought it in CA, they will pay the taxes and stuff to CA, you do everything through them. You don't have to pay FL taxes. I bought the C5 in South Carolina this was as well (Charlotte is 30 minutes from SC so people buy cars there all of the time).

Mine was shipped on an open car hauler like the ones you see new cars being delivered on, it got very dirty as it was November and rainy, but it arrived without a scratch or ding, all was good, it was nerve racking though.

The :dillerman: I purchased through seems to specialize in selling off lease enthusiast stuff, they had some pretty high end cars so I think delivery is normal (and yet the process was still painful). Basically they paid the broker my $450, she called me and we set the dates and stuff and that was all I had to do.
:dillerman: :tits: referred me to a transport company $1495 quote through them... which seems :notbad: they are supposedly double insured and :dill: with this :dillerman: all the time.

So the :dill: is getting closer... :gaydance: I am waiting on Cayla to get back to me with a few questions like if the car is 50 state legal and the whole registration/piece.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 am

:dillerman: :tits: referred me to a transport company $1495 quote through them... which seems :notbad: they are supposedly double insured and :dill: with this :dillerman: all the time.

So the :dill: is getting closer... :gaydance: I am waiting on Cayla to get back to me with a few questions like if the car is 50 state legal and the whole registration/piece.
:notbad: updates. $1500 seems reasonable to me as well.