Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 pm

I see the light... especially in the F gen.

You have the reliability... they are sub 30k.... they are unique... like, almost no two are alike.
They are supremely spacious for the size. And the steering is about as good as it's going to get, and with noise makers they are interesting sounding as well as opposed to most other 4 bangers. :hubba:
They're just fun. Period.

I miss cars that are fun. New cars are just so... clinical and devoid of character.
I'd essentially call them mobile couches. which reminds me, I recently rented the g30 5 series, and I swear to go it almost felt no different than the 2018 Camry I rented. My moms old f10 535 however....didn't felt anything boaty like it and it was no fakesport.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 am https://www.audijacksonville.com/used/M ... r_listings#

This is my perfect color/option combo. Now I need to figure out shipping situation and or if I’ll have reg issues here. The price even +$1000 shipping is good for me.

Do we have anyone close to Jacksonville ?

This is my perfect spec... getting in touch with the :dillerman: tomorrow... shipping quote is $1049 which is :notbad: pending non insane doc fees this should come in under anything within this state... but... i won't get to drive it before I buy it... :fullretard: or... :jesus: it'll be fine.

1 owner, local to that state, @ excellent :dillerman: with good reviews...
we got gravy boi, 135i and old bmw guy
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 am https://www.audijacksonville.com/used/M ... r_listings#

This is my perfect color/option combo. Now I need to figure out shipping situation and or if I’ll have reg issues here. The price even +$1000 shipping is good for me.

This is my perfect spec... getting in touch with the :dillerman: tomorrow... shipping quote is $1049 which is :notbad: pending non insane doc fees this should come in under anything within this state... but... i won't get to drive it before I buy it... :fullretard: or... :jesus: it'll be fine.

The pics make that one look awesome.

You better jump on this one of you want it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

No piano black trim on that one :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 pm

:word:

Seems like a JCW is about 60% more :notsure:

The one I’ll be driving is justacooper... but will he a good trial.
My S was fun to drive, I do miss that car a lot. Easily the nicest interior I ever had with the full leather package.
On the R series, you want the nav since that gets you streaming Bluetooth audio.
:word: I know in my buddy’s 2011 he got BT as a stand alone option... it’s base other than that.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:45 am

My S was fun to drive, I do miss that car a lot. Easily the nicest interior I ever had with the full leather package.
On the R series, you want the nav since that gets you streaming Bluetooth audio.
Not true - as long as you have the screen, even the small one, you get streaming BT, and the JCW gets that standard, along with the LED headlights/taillights.
Ahhh, all the screens I noticed were Nav but that makes sense. Thanks for the correction. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:38 am

The pics make that one look awesome.

You better jump on this one of you want it.
Yea, seriously. Wow that thing looks great. LOVE the color combo and the price seems super reasonable.

Car just has to pass smog for registration, and you have to deal with the scourge of society at the DMV. Otherwise, should be easy.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:11 am

:word: I know in my buddy’s 2011 he got BT as a stand alone option... it’s base other than that.
When I placed an order for a 2016 S, the ordering and packages were a complete shit show on overlapping features and understanding what you needed vs what you actually got.

You really needed a top secret decoder ring, so I kinda just said screw it and clicked every box that seemed like something that I might want. In the end, the list of options was pretty clear, but the configurator made it confusing.

Model 16MB Cooper S Hardtop 2 Door USD 24,100.00
Color B58 Thunder Grey metallic 500.00
Upholstery K9E1 Carbon Black Leatherette N/C
Options ZFL Fully Loaded 4,750.00
ZPP Premium Package N/C
322 Comfort Access keyless entry N/C
402 Panoramic moonroof N/C
493 Storage package N/C
674 harman/kardon Premium Sound System N/C
ZSP Sport Package N/C
223 Dynamic Damper Control N/C
2F1†17" Cosmos Spoke Silver Wheels N/C
5A1 LED Fog Lights N/C
5A4†LED Headlights with Cornering Lights 250.00
785 White Turn-Signal Lights N/C
7KM John Cooper Works Interior Package 400.00
2XC JCW Leather Steering Wheel N/C
4AA Headliner in Anthracite N/C
7L5 Wired Package N/C
609 Navigation system N/C
6NE Enhanced Bluetooth and USB/iPod adapter N/C
1CA CO2 relevant vehicles N/C
313 Power-Folding Mirrors N/C
383 Black Roof and Mirror Caps N/C
430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors 500.00
431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror N/C
473 Center armrest N/C
655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription 300.00
6NM MINI Connected N/C
6NT MINI Connected XL N/C
6UH Real Time Traffic Information N/C
8S4 Variable Light Decoding N/C
ZTM Tier 2 N/C
Accessories Z1T Chrome Exhaust Tips 410.00
ZF4 JCW Pro Tuning Kit for Hardtop 2,175.00
Accessories Total 2,585.00
Net Total 33,385.00
Destination Charge 850.00
Total Suggested Price 34,235.00
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 am

we got gravy boi, 135i and old bmw guy
Can you guys help me get in touch with anyone? I’m really serious about that car.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

You only looking at 2-doors? The 4 is the same car just a little more usable back seat, a little smaller on the front entry. I'd have a hard time going back to a 2 door I think. Smaller doors are easier to manage in tight parking spaces and the rear windows go down.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am You only looking at 2-doors? The 4 is the same car just a little more usable back seat, a little smaller on the front entry. I'd have a hard time going back to a 2 door I think. Smaller doors are easier to manage in tight parking spaces and the rear windows go down.
Really ugly and no JCW version iirc
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:37 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am You only looking at 2-doors? The 4 is the same car just a little more usable back seat, a little smaller on the front entry. I'd have a hard time going back to a 2 door I think. Smaller doors are easier to manage in tight parking spaces and the rear windows go down.
They don't look as good, agreed. Not like the Mini is exactly good looking though. Didn't realize there wasn't a 4 door JCW. Really the engine is the let down on the MCS, it's neutered by programming and it feels like it. 189 HP when the same exact motor makes 255 in the BMW models.
max225

I don’t have issues with mini and getting in and out of it.
No 4 door on jcw, and uglier than the pug like mini. I can handle the mini with stripes and fun two tone colors.... but that’s about it... I can’t stand the monotone cars
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:37 am
:dat:
max225

Since it is slow as balls over here...
this is Cayla who is supposedly going to text me pic of hersel.... i mean the mini
Last edited by max225 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:16 pmYou know, that seems pretty reasonable for how you equipped that car.

What would that car cost today...

$35550 before we even add the JCW tuning kit. :fullretard:

Sad.
Buying new, you have to really want one of these. The JCW even moreso. They're a tough "value" proposition. They used to hold value decently well, too.

Hm. I wonder when we will hear more on the next gen WRX's.
max225

And... she has yet to text me... #storyofmylife.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Oh wow. In4pics of Cayla.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm Oh wow. In4pics of Cayla scratching up the hood of Max's new JCW by posing on it
FTFY
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm Oh wow. In4pics of Cayla scratching up the hood of Max's new JCW by posing on it
FTFY
I’ll take what I can get.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Since it is slow as balls over here...
this is Cayla who is supposedly going to text me pic of hersel.... i mean the mini
Woa, :woodplow:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:18 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 pm

FTFY
I’ll take what I can get.
:dat: :excited:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Maybe I should go visit my mom and check out Cay... The Mini for Max
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 pm Maybe I should go visit my mom and check out Cay... The Mini for Max
In her free time, Caila enjoys going to the gym, going out with friends, drinking mimosas at brunch, binge watch Netflix and telling her dog how cute she is.
literally down to netflix and chill according to her profile :lol:
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 pm Maybe I should go visit my mom and check out Cay... The Mini for Max
How far out are you ?