So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:17 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:11 am
Yea, just try a thing on amazon. That's what I've done in the past, I've had a few and they seem to all be adequately mediocre.
Son of a bitch. I want to have my cake and eat it too :rage:
I just don't think there's a big market for these sorts of things...most people just buy cheap bluetooth speakers instead now.

The result is a bunch of Chinese engineered junk that I've found has ok sound quality and connectivity issues.The few I've tried have all had issues with cutting in and out, limited range, difficulty pairing, etc.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:24 am Bought this because the name reminded me of HOOSHOOTOO St or whatever than name was. YOHOOLYOImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
:lolol:

Fucking HooShooToo.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:33 am

I just don't think there's a big market for these sorts of things...most people just buy cheap bluetooth speakers instead now.

The result is a bunch of Chinese engineered junk that I've found has ok sound quality and connectivity issues.The few I've tried have all had issues with cutting in and out, limited range, difficulty pairing, etc.
I have this at work

https://www.amazon.com/panasonic-sc-ak4 ... b00008ip63

I'm too stubborn to give up the ability to play physical CDs but I want bluetoofs too
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:

There are good ones. I have been using a Rocketfish one from best buy for the past 5 or so years. It has been living in my car recently, plugged into the aux input, because it has significantly better sound quality than the OEM Bluetooth module. APT-x codecs and similar make a difference.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

New T-shirt showed up today. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:33 am

I have a Logitech one (thanks :225: ) that works quite nicely. Obviously BT has limited range but that’s to be expected.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:59 am
D Griff wrote:
:word: I don't care about surround because I don't watch movies or sports really... it is :neat: if you like those things. I just have 8" mains in stereo right now and live by the same philosophy but if I still work here when we get a :haus: I'll do the whole house audio thing because I can get speakers for close to free so why not.
I thought about getting 8s instead of 5s and a sub for the "studio" i.e. office but it seemed like they'd still be better with a sub. I haven't really tried them though. It's surprising how good the simple 5" monitors sound with the :scrooge: Monoprice sub.

One of these years I'll set up a good live studio with some :fancy: big monitors to host jams. It's been way too long since I played with a band.
I’ve been hearing rumors that the Monoprice stuff is surprisingly good. Maybe I’ll check some out someday, but I have access to some other nice stuff for home through work - Klipsch, Triad, and our built in house brand, Episode.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Renewed my NordVPN using Ebates/Rakuten's double cash back deal today. $107 for 3 years, and then 40% cash back.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Put a deposit on a Rolex Batman today. If it looks as good as the pics in person I will get it tomorrow.

Pretty hyped as it's discontinued and only 1 year old, still in warranty and was literally worn a handful of times. Minty with box papers and 4 more years of warranty.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:24 am Bought this because the name reminded me of HOOSHOOTOO St or whatever than name was. YOHOOLYOImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Haaa. Rd but you nailed the name.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm Put a deposit on a Rolex Batman today. If it looks as good as the pics in person I will get it tomorrow.

Pretty hyped as it's discontinued and only 1 year old, still in warranty and was literally worn a handful of times. Minty with box papers and 4 more years of warranty.
:neat:

In4pics
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm Put a deposit on a Rolex Batman today. If it looks as good as the pics in person I will get it tomorrow.

In4pics
:dat:

Legit curious what makes them so special.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:49 pm

In4pics

Limited numbers and popular demand on all Stainless Steel Rolex Sport and Professional line watches.

Here's some shots:

Those are fingerprint smudges on the bracelet.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apex

Dats a gorgeous watch. :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh wow. Very nice. :fancy:

So do you ever wear the thing? Could almost just stand on its own on the nightstand.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 pm Oh wow. Very nice. :fancy:

So do you ever wear the thing? Could almost just stand on its own on the nightstand.
Thanks.

I'm going to wear the shit out of it.

I could clean it and store it away and sell it in ~5 years for a lot more, but I want to enjoy it, and used ones still appreciate quite nicely. At the worst they seem to hold their value when they get "character marks".
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks.

I could clean it and store it away and sell it in ~5 years for a lot more, but I want to enjoy it, and used ones still appreciate quite nicely. At the worst they seem to hold their value when they get "character marks".
:fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks.

The price range on these is $14k-$18k. Spending that much and not using it would be a shame. Plus, who knows, the market could implode and they could be worth a lot less later.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:06 pm
The price range on these is $14k-$18k. Spending that much and not using it would be a shame. Plus, who knows, the market could implode and they could be worth a lot less later.
That's the attitude.

I'd be paranoid. I barely wear my $1k Shinola.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That’s the way to go, I hate the idea of not using and enjoying things, what’s the point.

Sweet looking watch too.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I had a watch that looked like that years ago. It was a Fossil doe.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Thanks.

im always :amaze: at the used rolex market and their likely ability to maintain value. Its a game I just cant understand, while you can walk into several shops and buy a new one.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 pm

That's the attitude.

I'd be paranoid. I barely wear my $1k Shinola.
I barely wear my $400 seiko :iono:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

dubshow wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 pm Thanks.

im always :amaze: at the used rolex market and their likely ability to maintain value. Its a game I just cant understand, while you can walk into several shops and buy a new one.
Not necessarily. Apparently there are waitlists for most steel sports rolexes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Limited numbers and popular demand on all Stainless Steel Rolex Sport and Professional line watches.

Here's some shots:

Those are fingerprint smudges on the bracelet.
:nice:

Oyster bracelet is so much better than the jubliee.