Pasta to Brats - BendeRs R

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:19 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 pm You are a baaaaaaad influence.

Knob ordered
Hey hey hey, don't blame me for your lack of self control!
Can't resist these knobs. :dong:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I like that :meatspin: er. 5/7 would order a blue or black version but I like the shape and look.

Is this the new VW thread? I have a CR70 film on the windshield and I think it cracked my windshield in the crazy hot sun while I drank beers on a patio for an hour. A perfect split from the mirror straight down to the hood. Fack.

When I have time to pull the film I will do so and talk to the :dillerman: about a warranty claim. Don't want to pay for this shit mangs.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 pm I like that :meatspin: er. 5/7 would order a blue or black version but I like the shape and look.

Is this the new VW thread? I have a CR70 film on the windshield and I think it cracked my windshield in the crazy hot sun while I drank beers on a patio for an hour. A perfect split from the mirror straight down to the hood. Fack.

When I have time to pull the film I will do so and talk to the :dillerman: about a warranty claim. Don't want to pay for this shit mangs.
:dafuq: Film can crack the windshield? That's bizarre.

Check your insurance for glass claims. I just went through them to get my windshield replaced so I only paid my deductible of $500. Remember it's $500 just for the recalibration....
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:16 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 pm I like that :meatspin: er. 5/7 would order a blue or black version but I like the shape and look.

Check your insurance for glass claims. I just went through them to get my windshield replaced so I only paid my deductible of $500. Remember it's $500 just for the recalibration....
Either the film or the windshield friggen snapped because the body tweaked in the heat? It the weirdest shit man. Perfect straight-ish line down from the mirror. I don't want to lose the film in this crazy sun so I'm going to wait a month or so and put in the claim. I wasn't sure if VW or Insurance should be my first stop. Insurance agents wouldn't care about the film so I guess that's better.

Hey did you know that if a VW tech puts through a claim that doesn't qualify he/she splits the cost with the dealership. What a crock of :poop:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Either the film or the windshield friggen snapped because the body tweaked in the heat? It the weirdest shit man. Perfect straight-ish line down from the mirror. I don't want to lose the film in this crazy sun so I'm going to wait a month or so and put in the claim. I wasn't sure if VW or Insurance should be my first stop. Insurance agents wouldn't care about the film so I guess that's better.

Hey did you know that if a VW tech puts through a claim that doesn't qualify he/she splits the cost with the dealership. What a crock of :poop:
Hmmm. I guess it's worth a shot to try the :dillerman: to see if they can warranty it since there's no impact marks.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:40 pm

Hmmm. I guess it's worth a shot to try the :dillerman: to see if they can warranty it since there's no impact marks.
I better take the film off first
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Yes, I actually learned this last night. The heat gets concentrated and trapped on the tinted area.

This is why people who tint their sunroofs, especially with the new massive panoramic roofs, are warned it could shatter the glass and it will not be covered under warranty.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:10 am

Yes, I actually learned this last night. The heat gets concentrated and trapped on the tinted area.

This is why people who tint their sunroofs, especially with the new massive panoramic roofs, are warned it could shatter the glass and it will not be covered under warranty.
Oops.:derp:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Barnesey showing his built Mk4 made me look these guys up...

Answer to the warranty granading toon dilemma ?
Have your cake and eat it, too.

Power and performance with a warranty to match?! With APR Plus, the answer is yes! Available at both NGP locations, APR Plus is the perfect software upgrade for VW/Audi owners that want an aftermarket tune with its own built-in power train warranty. If APR Plus sounds right up your alley, dig on the details:

APR Plus is currently available for:
  • VW MK7, Mk7.5 Golf, Alltrack, Sportwagen, GTI, Golf R and GLI models

https://www.ngpracing.com/?p=6565
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:19 pm Loveeeee my exhaust
Sweet!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Yaassss
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:like:
In4video
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Awesome! Let's see some pics!
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Not entirely true.

A warranty claim that is rejected is charged back to the dealership and they are forced to figure out how to eat it.

Ultimately, it's on the tech and service advisor to verify the criteria are met to be able to warranty the repair with correct documentation. All warrantable parts are subject to return to the manufacturer for random inspection and verification before a claim is paid back to the dealer. A competent warranty administrator goes a long way in this business.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Irish wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 pm Barnesey showing his built Mk4 made me look these guys up...

Answer to the warranty granading toon dilemma ?
Have your cake and eat it, too.

Power and performance with a warranty to match?! With APR Plus, the answer is yes! Available at both NGP locations, APR Plus is the perfect software upgrade for VW/Audi owners that want an aftermarket tune with its own built-in power train warranty. If APR Plus sounds right up your alley, dig on the details:

APR Plus is currently available for:
  • VW MK7, Mk7.5 Golf, Alltrack, Sportwagen, GTI, Golf R and GLI models

https://www.ngpracing.com/?p=6565
I'd be interested to see who backs the "warranty".

The warranty company is not the manufacturer and it doesn't REPLACE the factory warranty, it is an insurance plan for a non-covered repair.

Let's say you tune the car, and 30,000 miles later it pops. Take it to a VW dealer, they diagnose it with a hole in the block and quote a $4000 short block, and 28 hours to R&R, with labor at $140/hr (which is a fairly standard mass market customer pay labor rate). It's deemed not covered by VW. A claim is submitted and this insurance company may come back and offer to pay $3500 for the block and 18 hours at $125/hr at the equivalent VW warranty guide rates/pricing. They may also only be willing to replace parts with used or aftermarket parts to lower their costs, also.

To a VW dealer, this is not a factory warranty repair and dealerships are not obliged to accept what the insurance company is willing to pay without collecting the difference from you.

It's nice to see them offer extra protection for peace of mind, but in general it's the old "pay to play" spiel. I deal with aftermarket "warranties" every day. Some are great, MANY are not.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Not entirely true.

A warranty claim that is rejected is charged back to the dealership and they are forced to figure out how to eat it.

Ultimately, it's on the tech and service advisor to verify the criteria are met to be able to warranty the repair with correct documentation. All warrantable parts are subject to return to the manufacturer for random inspection and verification before a claim is paid back to the dealer. A competent warranty administrator goes a long way in this business.
Wow! Dealership definitely take care of their service advisors and techs in that case, having the wrong person in that rile could be costly. No wonder they are such tight wads with claims. It definitely feels like a lower level of service with all the :scrooge: mindset. Does Toyota do things differently?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:One of my favorite mods on the Mk6 was the Unibrace XB. I know it was debatable how much it added but I really liked it. The huge downside of it was the install was a motherfucker. It wasn't "hard" but it was a real pain in the ass.

Fast forward to today and this thing that was just released:. https://www.racingline.com/vwr81g700

Similar product but it uses factory cargo mounting points at the lower and the seat latches at the top.

I suspect it won't be as effective as the Unibrace but if it's 60% or it for a SIGNIFICANTLY easier install, might be worth it.
Get a sway bar :bruh:
Apex

Can you get a real alignment on a :gorf: like getting some camber upfront? Or does the :waxer: $500 alignments have to be to OEM spec?
troyguitar

Apex wrote:Can you get a real alignment on a :gorf: like getting some camber upfront? Or does the :waxer: $500 alignments have to be to OEM spec?
Or that. Don't even really need camber, just get someone to set the toe to exactly zero all around and you'll liven up the car considerably.
troyguitar

Exactly zero should also fall within the factory spec so the :dillerman: shouldn't bitch about it. Really can't go wrong and ought to be $100ish.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:48 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:44 pm Exactly zero should also fall within the factory spec so the :dillerman: shouldn't bitch about it. Really can't go wrong and ought to be $100ish.
Decent test for my new VW shop I've found. It should be easy but I'd rather start them with easy.
:like:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 pm Unibrace UBQ ordered because it was my second favorite mod on my GTI.

I also got wheel because I hate money. :troywax:

No tune doe.
Just one?
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 pm Unibrace UBQ ordered because it was my second favorite mod on my GTI.

I also got wheel because I hate money. :troywax:

No tune doe.
:wasteful:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm
wap wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Just one?
Indeed. The one that goes inside.

It's one of the few things I miss from the Alfa.
:wat:
You swapped out the Superior Interior Holy Wheel of :jesus: ?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:15 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Indeed. The one that goes inside.

It's one of the few things I miss from the Alfa.
:wat:
You swapped out the Superior Interior Holy Wheel of :jesus: ?
Spare tire maybe? Since they don't come with them here.