Official C8 Bread.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:44 pm

If anyone wants a 2020 C8 base car, just wait a year and save 20% and get one when the current owner trades them in on a 2021 that has better features, or a Z06.

I'm kinda hoping they tweak the back end of the car for the Z06 and add that manual transmission they had the patent application for, then I might be interested in a 2022.
I'm all :popcorn: on if the :manuel: patent is for the C8. I thought so, but it sure doesn't look like there's anywhere for the phallus to go in that interior.
Companies patent tech they don't plan on using all the time. Biggest issue with the c8 is no transmission to use. The development cost on a new transmission is crazy.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:39 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm

I'm all :popcorn: on if the :manuel: patent is for the C8. I thought so, but it sure doesn't look like there's anywhere for the phallus to go in that interior.
Companies patent tech they don't plan on using all the time. Biggest issue with the c8 is no transmission to use. The development cost on a new transmission is crazy.
Yeah, but we can keep hope alive.

IF I were to buy a C8 I wouldn't trust a GM tuned transmission. They clearly don't know what they are doing when it comes to this arena.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:07 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:39 am

IF I were to buy a C8 I wouldn't trust a GM tuned transmission. They clearly don't know what they are doing when it comes to this arena.
Yea, and this is a 100% new transmission utilizing 100% new tech for the company sourced from a supplier that's never done this sort of transmission before.

:thisisfine:

The 8-speed seems to be turning into a disaster, and that's tech GM has been using for ~80 years.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:07 am

Yea, and this is a 100% new transmission utilizing 100% new tech for the company sourced from a supplier that's never done this sort of transmission before.

The 8-speed seems to be turning into a disaster, and that's tech GM has been using for ~80 years.
Yeah... and to think Tadge and GM tried to compare the 8 speed to the PDK and act like it was a favorable comparison.

I want to laugh really hard at that right now, but with how my stomach feels I would shit myself.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am

Yeah... and to think Tadge and GM tried to compare the 8 speed to the PDK and act like it was a favorable comparison.

I want to laugh really hard at that right now, but with how my stomach feels I would shit myself.
:lolol:

Yea, that was such a load of :yeahok:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So, I was listening to the smoking tire on the way into work this morning and Matt said something I really didn't think about..

All the C8's we saw at the launch were lowered. This is nothing new, they always do it, along with the online configurators and such... but, it does impact what the final car looks like. He said it pretty well "The cars they show look great, but the one you see on the street when it launches will look much cheaper and not as nice.". I have to agree here, my Z51 was a 4x4 and my Z07 was a monster truck. So much so that with the Z07 I had to buy the LG Drop spindles to be able to make it look reasonable in the rear.

Even now before production you can get an idea of this, but I expect the cars off the line to look even taller.

Reveal car:

Cars being driven:

Wonder how long until there are lowering coilovers for the car that don't screw up the handling..

Oh, and light gray interior is probably something to avoid if you get the non-1LT with seat heating and ventilation... Looks really bad... not sure why they have a darker liner underneath:

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh, and this one made me laugh due to the accuracy.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'll try to ask the head Corvette tech if he gets a chance to take a look at the car during the showing what he thinks they did to get the desired ride height.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Do you have the PDK or :manual: ? IIRC PDK? Curious how you like it/if you miss :manuel: , etc.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:09 am

Do you have the PDK or :manual: ? IIRC PDK? Curious how you like it/if you miss :manuel: , etc.
PDK.

I do miss the manual, but the PDK is :impressive:

I decided that the PDK would be okay because it makes the car quite a bit faster than the manual, and I was stepping down 200 HP from the Z06 to the 911 and wanted all the speed I could get from the platform as it is stock. Launch control and lightning fast shifts in this car are really good. I would speculate that it is faster from a stop than the Z06 up to about 60-70 on the street since the Z06 had massive traction problems and the 911 has the weight over the rear tires..
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

C8 Z51 wrecked just 100 miles from my house.

https://jalopnik.com/this-looks-like-th ... 1837127259

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My plan is to mini for 18/24 months then give it to the woman and C8 :fuckyeah:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Solid plan. :megusta:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:13 pm My plan is to mini for 18/24 months then give it to the woman and C8 :fuckyeah:
Too bad you can't buy a preproduction unit. I think there's a "lightly used" blue Z51 that would be available.

:hue:
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:09 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:13 pm My plan is to mini for 18/24 months then give it to the woman and C8 :fuckyeah:
Too bad you can't buy a preproduction unit. I think there's a "lightly used" blue Z51 that would be available.

It’ll buff out I’m sure, Zaino fixes everything
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This is a great plan. :excited:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:10 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:09 pm

It’ll buff out I’m sure, Zaino fixes everything
I haven't heard anyone mention Zaino for a very long time.
Huckleberry

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:49 am So, I was listening to the smoking tire on the way into work this morning and Matt said something I really didn't think about..

All the C8's we saw at the launch were lowered. This is nothing new, they always do it, along with the online configurators and such... but, it does impact what the final car looks like. He said it pretty well "The cars they show look great, but the one you see on the street when it launches will look much cheaper and not as nice.". I have to agree here, my Z51 was a 4x4 and my Z07 was a monster truck. So much so that with the Z07 I had to buy the LG Drop spindles to be able to make it look reasonable in the rear.

Even now before production you can get an idea of this, but I expect the cars off the line to look even taller.

Reveal car:

Cars being driven:

Wonder how long until there are lowering coilovers for the car that don't screw up the handling..
I thought the C8s are going to have adjustable ride heights?
max225

Am I the only who is ok with how that looks ?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:36 pm C8 Z51 wrecked just 100 miles from my house.

https://jalopnik.com/this-looks-like-th ... 1837127259

I didnt think these were for sale yet? :wtf:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:34 pm Am I the only who is ok with how that looks ?
I'll have to see pics of yours before passing final judgement.
max225

I just watched the vid of the crash... whoa..... that's a crazy crash.
Huckleberry

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:34 pm Am I the only who is ok with how that looks ?
The blue's height looks fine to me. I have no desire to drive a vehicle that will scrape if a penny is laying on the ground.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Huckleberry wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:49 am So, I was listening to the smoking tire on the way into work this morning and Matt said something I really didn't think about..

Reveal car:

Cars being driven:

I thought the C8s are going to have adjustable ride heights?
Z51 has adjustable corner heights.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don't love :datass: at all, but I think every other angle is :nice: , I certainly wouldn't say no to one.