What does your sig other drive ?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:tits:
or
:gay:

We don't discriminate here. Figured it would be an interesting thread....

So quick background... Mine drives a 2010 Acura TSX in black with the Tech Package, I helped her get before we were dating, ... must have been back in 2013?... Got it for 26k with 30k miles...

Today... it is @ 95k miles... she is epic :scrooge: when it comes to this shit but really care about maintenance :doe: I have personally worked on the car and I think it'll easily see another 100k problem free.

She has no plans to get a new ride. :plac: life wtf...
Last edited by max225 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

2012 (I think) Mazda 3 sedan that she bought brand new. Close to 100k miles on it this point. Paid off, she wants something new, but is fine driving it for a while longer to save money. She barely maintains this one, so I’m hoping to help out with that more whenever she does upgrade to something else and keep it nice and up on its maintenance from the get-go. She likes the current gen JGC as a possible replacement right now, but who knows what she’ll want when the time actually comes.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Mine drives a 2012 Ford Fusion (last year before Aston styling, looks just like Troy's hot rod Lincoln) with about 145K miles. She bought it in 2013 for about $16K. It's paid off and pretty reliable/decent car overall. Similar story, she wouldn't mind a new car but doesn't want a payment. Likely she'll get some kind of :jeep: product in the next 1-3 years, Renegay, Compass, Cheroshit, or :jeep: . I hate the Cherokee but would be down with Renegay or JLU. We shall see.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wife thugs a nearly bone stock 2013 gti DE 4 dr exactly like :gti:

in tank fuel pump died around 44k miles. Replaced with OE myself
60k miles. Did plugs and R8 coilpacks in effort to fix sputtering. Ended up doing carbon cleaning dirty valves. Fixed
Had syn oil every 5-6k miles. DSG chaged at diller at 40k. Its in not bad shape for 70k miles. A few little nicks in paint on bumpers from :derp:
Car should last a while longer. I ordered an OE style bumper mount backup camera and will install that soon. Its nearly paid off. I think she owes $1200 on it and it was bought for ~$24k in 2014.

She has very few :plac: flare ups. Shes mentioned she really loves the Macans. I like them as well but that would be an excessive car purchase for us at our income levels. Ideally, she :scrooge: for a year or 2 and holds out. We stack bills and pay off our new house sooner. Not sure how financially wreckless we will get :doe:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

14 mazda3 hatch bought new, 110k or so miles now. I maintain it so it's on new-ish Michelin premier tarz, akeBROno brake pads, koni fsd shocks, and its 3rd bucket of slushbox oil. The vinyl seats are hard but otherwise the interior is nice and looks almost new.

She'd like a new TT but has no interest in paying for it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

2004 Camry

It's about as lively as it's previous owner.

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225

Very interesting... I am starting to see a Pattern...

:tits: don't want a payment... mine paid hers off a few years ago and has no interest in getting "another payment" she also commutes via train to work daily... so she legit :aintcare: about her car sitch as long as it isn't "ugly" or unreliable.... hers i predict will last for another 5 years before the head lights/paint goes to shit...

We hate on :tits: but they seem to be far better in terms of :troywax: on this type of stuff... meanwhile... we go :fullretard:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:49 pm Very interesting... I am starting to see a Pattern...

We hate on :tits: but they seem to be far better in terms of :troywax: on this type of stuff... meanwhile... we go :fullretard:
i dont really hate. I just get frusterated when she runs into shit with her car. Now that I have the :gorf: , I dont have much envy over the :mk6:

She has a near nothing "commute" of 4-5 mins to her office. A car is very low on her list of needs so I get afforded the indulgence of my terrible :troywax: :plac: ideas.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:45 pm

It's about as lively as it's previous owner.

daayyyymmmmmmm

:micdrop:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:49 pm Very interesting... I am starting to see a Pattern...

:tits: don't want a payment... mine paid hers off a few years ago and has no interest in getting "another payment" she also commutes via train to work daily... so she legit :aintcare: about her car sitch as long as it isn't "ugly" or unreliable.... hers i predict will last for another 5 years before the head lights/paint goes to shit...

:dat:

I mean, my :tits: wastes some money on pointless kitchen gadgets, house :pinshit: supplies, going out to eat with friends a bit, etc. but to be honest is a better :scrooge: than I, who blew well over $2K on car parts last week, owns two vehicles, :troywax: a few Gs a year on track days.... I do make 2X the income :doe:

Everyone :wasteful: on something really. Cars don't matter to some people and it sounds like most of us here do more driving than our women as well.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

2009 Saturn Aura XR 2.4 I4 bought new (paid cash so no payments for the last decade) in December, 2008, just a few months before the General killed off Saturn and Pontiac. Her previous car was a 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue, bought a couple of years before the General killed off Oldsmobile. :lol: :(

The Saturn had been pretty reliable, solid transportation for 10 years then started having old car problems this year, the biggest of which was needing a new (rebuilt) trans at only 74k miles. :|
She's talking about wanting to replace it by the end of the year before something else happens to it. I showed her a bunch of sedans (she's one of the few :tits: left who has zero interest in a C/SUV, :truk: , :jeep: , or anything even remotely lifted. Her current front runner is a Hyundai Sonata Limited, which has a :mindblown: amount of features at it's price point, and :dillerman: should be :dill: ing later this year when the new, redesigned Sonatas come out. Stay tuned.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

2014 Ford C-Max she bought from [user not found] for dirt cheap. It has 90k ish on it and she loves it.

Transmission got replaced by ford. So hopefully it lasts for a while. I think it needs shocks but who cares.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

2012 Versa. :disgust: I've never driven it. Was going to once but the seat doesn't go back far enough.

She'll be in the CUV market in less than a year looking at the usual suspects. Rav4, CX5, CRV, etc.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Pimp ass 2016 Touareg with light cream interior on white exterior and panoramic sunroof. It's a lease with will probably buy out. She wanted a euro lux SUV and that's as close as I was willing to get without epic maintenance costs.

The 3.6V6 and 8spd trans is excellent and simple. The truck is very offroad capable, a beast in collision ratings and looks pretty dope.

The nav/head unit is the worst I've seen since the C6 Corvette. It almost lost us on the buy out. :crotchfruit: lifestyle well served otherwise.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

2016 Tiquan Made in Wolfsburg (but not that Edition) . Big step up from the 2012 CRV she had, step down from the Lexus RX300 she had before that. Has many if not all the all the bells and whistles...nav, panoramic sunroof, pleather. Drives and looks great. Really like the Mk7 Headlights and tails on it compared to my :mk6:
golfsedan16
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

This is the tits-mobile in our haus

2018 TT coupe S-line competition pack with UM software and assorted bolt ons

After flipping through a lot of cars and modifying etc. tits said ‘you may only continue if my car also gets some items’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex
Drives: Abominable

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with OME HD suspension lift, JK wheels, 31.5" ATs, some OEM skids, and a set of Hella's behind the grill.

Picked it up 2 years ago with 69k on it and it now has 108k. Recently replaced the front hubs and will replace the tarz with a set of Wildpeaks in the upcoming months.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:rolleyes:

Maybe a :truk: maybe a :jeep: probably both?

Mine is full blast :plac:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:05 pm 2015 MINI hardtop 2-door.

This is her 2nd MINI and I buy CPO low mileage and keep them to 85-100k and dump.

Bought it at 6500 miles in April of 2016 - she’s at 72k now. Ideal spec. Sport seats, LED headlights and fog lights, no sunroof, Harmon/Kardon, and :manuel:

Not sure what’ll follow this MINI, as she’s become a :manuel: snob and MINIs with :manuel: are becoming incredibly hard to find.
That's pretty awesome. Can't ever get my :tits: to even try to drive a manual again. I tried to teach her on my :turboyaris: but she :rage: quit and hasn't tried again since. Patience isn't her strong suit. :lol:

My other half is driving a 2012 RDX with SH-AWD and the tech package. We picked it up in June of 2015 off lease as a CPO and have had it for the last 4 years. ~26k miles when we bought it and it's at 56k or so now. I slowly ruined her when it comes to cars and she really wanted something that could :scoot: and handled well after having a MK6 jetta that was totally :flaccid: compared to her Mazda3. The RDX is about as :stig: as you can get from a CUV, and she loves it.

We'd keep it forever if we weren't going to need something bigger when kid #2 comes. Two adults, two kids, two dogs...any time we travel we'll need a third row, but most of the time we'll really just need a bigger 5 passenger. Current top candidates are the MDX, CX-9, and Ascent, probably in that order. She'd looooove a 2019 MDX A-Spec in blue, but those are pretty :waxer:. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we end up with a very gently used CX-9 Signature in the next year or so.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This is her 2nd MINI and I buy CPO low mileage and keep them to 85-100k and dump.

Bought it at 6500 miles in April of 2016 - she’s at 72k now. Ideal spec. Sport seats, LED headlights and fog lights, no sunroof, Harmon/Kardon, and :manuel:

Not sure what’ll follow this MINI, as she’s become a :manuel: snob and MINIs with :manuel: are becoming incredibly hard to find.
65k miles in 3 years or is that a typo? :notsure:
max225

She drives over 20k a year ? Holy moly
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 am 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with OME HD suspension lift, JK wheels, 31.5" ATs, some OEM skids, and a set of Hella's behind the grill.

Picked it up 2 years ago with 69k on it and it now has 108k. Recently replaced the front hubs and will replace the tarz with a set of Wildpeaks in the upcoming months.

Is that her driving :notsure:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

2010 acura MDX
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

golfsedan16 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:47 am This is the tits-mobile in our haus

2018 TT coupe S-line competition pack with UM software and assorted bolt ons

After flipping through a lot of cars and modifying etc. tits said ‘you may only continue if my car also gets some items’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wtf:
thats an amazing car.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 am 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with OME HD suspension lift, JK wheels, 31.5" ATs, some OEM skids, and a set of Hella's behind the grill.

Is that her driving :notsure:
Yep, her driving. You can see my :truk: in the background, and Zilldor took the pic.