Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 pm

They appear to be way more responsible than Tesla, and much more cautious. They partnered with Ford and Amazon. So, supply Amazon with a fleet, and supply Ford with a battery/motor/chassis to plop an F150 body on top of? :notbad: they have a broader business model right off the bat.
Every interview I read with the CEO is epic. The dude really gets it, and it seems like he's built the right company to make it happen. He's realistic with product and production expectations...I think the biggest challenge will be charging infrastructure. Tesla built their own, Rivian is hoping things just develop in time. :notsure: on that, but I think they're positioned really well.

I wish I did something they valued. Alas, they DGAF about product planning or marketing professionals.
I mean. VW dieselgate ruling said they have to invest in charging and shit so charge America or whatever it is are building fast chargers at Walmart’s around the country :disgust: but the infrastructure will be there. I wonder if Rivian will latch onto Tesla superchargers. Would make a lot of sense but they prob don’t have the cash for that.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 pm

They appear to be way more responsible than Tesla, and much more cautious. They partnered with Ford and Amazon. So, supply Amazon with a fleet, and supply Ford with a battery/motor/chassis to plop an F150 body on top of? :notbad: they have a broader business model right off the bat.
I know very little about them but from a sustainability point of view that's really really smart
Whoever makes an electric delivery van will sell an assload of them to UPS and the like.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I got my dream job today! The department that originally turned me down had another position made so they could hire me. I am so happy!!!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

haleyann wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:10 am I got my dream job today! The department that originally turned me down had another position made so they could hire me. I am so happy!!!
:fuckyeah: congrats !!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:45 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 pm

I know very little about them but from a sustainability point of view that's really really smart
Whoever makes an electric delivery van will sell an assload of them to UPS and the like.
Ohai

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... y-Electric
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

haleyann wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:10 am I got my dream job today! The department that originally turned me down had another position made so they could hire me. I am so happy!!!
:fuckyeah:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah: that's awesome Haley!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:04 am
:fuckyeah: that's awesome Haley!
:dat: congrats!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah: Way to go!!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

well, things moving forward over here, just in time.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:04 pm well, things moving forward over here, just in time.
:excited:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:04 pm well, things moving forward over here, just in time.
:excited:
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

I was supposed to hear from the startup company today. :sad:

How is everyone finding new higher paying jobs and I can’t get a response on my applications?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Deets.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:24 pm I was supposed to hear from the startup company today. :sad:

How is everyone finding new higher paying jobs and I can’t get a response on my applications?
Stop. What happened to fuck all the things I want to hang out in the Rocky Mountains? You are a highly educated, highly qualified applicant for real jobs that pay real money. It will happen.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:08 am
Deets.
So it’s the ER where I currently work. They turned me down for their residency positions because they had other candidates with more clinical experience. Turns out, they interviewed two experienced nurses for a regular full time night position (not a residency, which are specifically made for new nurses), but they didn’t think those nurses were the right fit for the department so the manager went to HR to see if they could convert the regular position to a residency position. They did and they hired me!

So I start August 6, scheduled 72 hours per 2 weeks (six 10 hr shifts and one 12 hr shift, all nights, rotating weekends), pay is AMAZING, and since I’ve already been an employee for 5 years I’ll be earning 6 weeks PTO per year (includes sick time but I never call in sick so basically all vacation). I also get a 4% pay increase after 18 weeks, when my residency ends and I become a staff nurse.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

haleyann wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:24 am

Deets.
So it’s the ER where I currently work. They turned me down for their residency positions because they had other candidates with more clinical experience. Turns out, they interviewed two experienced nurses for a regular full time night position (not a residency, which are specifically made for new nurses), but they didn’t think those nurses were the right fit for the department so the manager went to HR to see if they could convert the regular position to a residency position. They did and they hired me!

So I start August 6, scheduled 72 hours per 2 weeks (six 10 hr shifts and one 12 hr shift, all nights, rotating weekends), pay is AMAZING, and since I’ve already been an employee for 5 years I’ll be earning 6 weeks PTO per year (includes sick time but I never call in sick so basically all vacation). I also get a 4% pay increase after 18 weeks, when my residency ends and I become a staff nurse.
Time to expand your :plac: choices

:fuckyeah:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Deets.

at first i was like 72 hrs a week :wtf:

but 72 every 2 weeks is :fuckyeah:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:24 pm I was supposed to hear from the startup company today. :sad:

Its hard to break into a new industry. It a lot of who you know.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Deets.

So much :fuckyeah: for you Haley!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:wat: the cryptic bs is this
ChrisoftheNorth

Takes time man. It was about 8 months from my first application to offer letter...the first few months were just applying to every job I found that I remotely qualified for.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:11 am

Stop. What happened to fuck all the things I want to hang out in the Rocky Mountains? You are a highly educated, highly qualified applicant for real jobs that pay real money. It will happen.
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:55 am

So much :fuckyeah: for you Haley!
:dat: super :fuckyeah:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Deets.

That sounds awesome! Good on you. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.