OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:06 pm
wap wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:53 pm Tomorrow is my last day before returning to work on Monday. These 4 weeks went by :mindblown: fast.
How ya feeling about going back my friend?
Honestly, I'd love another week to really cement my recovery but I wouldn't get paid if I took more time off and I kinda need to get paid. The thing that's really gonna suck is I still can't drive for 2 more weeks so I'm dependent on others (wife mostly, and MIL on Tuesday) to drive me.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:43 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:38 pm No AC :doe: so it takes 3 nights to get back down to semi-reasonable levels...
Get one of those floor standing AC units. You’ll be back to wearing sweaters in 30 mins.
:dat:
Or a window unit in the bedroom at the very least.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:43 pm Get one of those floor standing AC units. You’ll be back to wearing sweaters in 30 mins.
Crank windows and tiny square footage = window units don't fit and the $300+ floor units require that I build a custom exhaust panel and clear floor space that we don't have. :thanksobama:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 pm
wap wrote:
Crank windows and tiny square footage = window units don't fit and the $300+ floor units require that I build a custom exhaust panel and clear floor space that we don't have. :thanksobama:
Ugh.

:mahtroy: luck strikes again. :eeyore:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 pm Crank windows and tiny square footage = window units don't fit and the $300+ floor units require that I build a custom exhaust panel and clear floor space that we don't have. :thanksobama:
Ugh.

:mahtroy: luck strikes again. :eeyore:
:thisisfine:

I just forgot to turn on the one little AC unit before we left. If it's left on flat out 24/7 then the place will stay at about 80F or so. It's in the bedroom and loud :doe: so the wife hates having it on at night.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 pm
:impressive: :waxer:
Yeah, except for potentially getting killed, the big one is just life :plac: for me. A welcome one at that.
:bravo:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

OT 16: GrandFAP goes back to work
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:10 pm OT 16: GrandFAP goes back to work
:mixedfeellings:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:26 pm
wap wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Honestly, I'd love another week to really cement my recovery but I wouldn't get paid if I took more time off and I kinda need to get paid. The thing that's really gonna suck is I still can't drive for 2 more weeks so I'm dependent on others (wife mostly, and MIL on Tuesday) to drive me.
Oh damn. Well, we are here to bullshit the day away!
:fuckyeah: :wub:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:58 pm
Yep. And I will have zero sympathy for you when your house is rubble after "the big one".
We have earthquake insurance, but :whocares: I have always viewed the big one as an opportunity to work remotely from Puerto Vallarta on our book of business' insurance issues due to Armageddon, at least a couple million bucks worth of work there, and then retire.

I'll send you a photo of my demolished Cali Shitbox with me holding a frosty glass with three fingers of Lagavulin in it, giving no fucks whatsoever. All these people whose "lives are destroyed" because their house gets wiped out by natural disaster? That ain't me son, that ain't me you're looking for. Send my insurance check to the hotel.
:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:14 amGood morning
I wish :eeyore:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:14 amGood morning
Happy Monday you cheerful bastard! :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:05 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 pm
:impressive: :waxer:
Yeah, except for potentially getting killed, the big one is just life :plac: for me. A welcome one at that.
It's an interesting move. Earthquake insurance is :waxer: AF. Very few in the region have it, so while the entire society crumbles, how do you escape?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 am

Happiness is a choice ya fucks
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 am

Happiness is a choice ya fucks
So much this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Good moaning all.
SAWCE

Went to this “interactive” art thing last night. Third year they’ve had it, called Wonderspaces. First year, all the exhibits were really cool. Last year they were okay. This year they were all meh. We’ll probably go again next year if it comes around again, hoping it gets back to what it used to be, but if it’s rolling through any of your cities this year and you were interested in checking it out, save the $27 and skip it.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:07 am Went to this “interactive” art thing last night. Third year they’ve had it, called Wonderspaces. First year, all the exhibits were really cool. Last year they were okay. This year they were all meh. We’ll probably go again next year if it comes around again, hoping it gets back to what it used to be, but if it’s rolling through any of your cities this year and you were interested in checking it out, save the $27 and skip it.
:wat: is "interactive art"?
Barnes93cb
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:07 am Went to this “interactive” art thing last night. Third year they’ve had it, called Wonderspaces. First year, all the exhibits were really cool. Last year they were okay. This year they were all meh. We’ll probably go again next year if it comes around again, hoping it gets back to what it used to be, but if it’s rolling through any of your cities this year and you were interested in checking it out, save the $27 and skip it.
We call them strip clubs where im from.
ChrisoftheNorth

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:13 am
:amazing:
Apex

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:13 am
:bravo:
SAWCE

So instead of being just paintings and shit, it’s stuff that moves around and you can play with. Only cool one this year was a room full or orbs hanging from wires in a room. A handful of them had electricity running to them so if you grabbed them they would send a signal to a speaker and make their unique sound. You get 15 people in the room walking around grabbing/testing different one to see which ones make noise and the effect is kinda cool.

Last year there was a similar one, but you walked into the room and across several screens there were 88 faces. They had recorded people each making a different note from a piano, and as you played a piano in the room, whatever face was associated with that note would play the video of them making that sound. So you could play a full song on the piano and it’d look like these people were making the music like an acapella group type thing.
Apex

11 calendar days until I fire off my Pirate Letter. :excited:
Trying to make it so my last day hits in August so benefits cover that month too.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 am
So instead of being just paintings and shit, it’s stuff that moves around and you can play with. Only cool one this year was a room full or orbs hanging from wires in a room. A handful of them had electricity running to them so if you grabbed them they would send a signal to a speaker and make their unique sound. You get 15 people in the room walking around grabbing/testing different one to see which ones make noise and the effect is kinda cool.

Last year there was a similar one, but you walked into the room and across several screens there were 88 faces. They had recorded people each making a different note from a piano, and as you played a piano in the room, whatever face was associated with that note would play the video of them making that sound. So you could play a full song on the piano and it’d look like these people were making the music like an acapella group type thing.
Oh, that's pretty neat.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 am 11 calendar days until I fire off my Pirate Letter. :excited:
Trying to make it so my last day hits in August so benefits cover that month too.
:excited:

Smart on ending in august so you have benefits covered, but I HIGHLY suggest making your last day on a pay day. If it's between pay days, things can get weird.

I was walked out of GM between pay days. I got paid in full after I was done, then they sent me a "bill" for what I hadn't worked. I paid it, then they sent me another bill for something that didn't make sense. I called and they :sass: about something, so I paid it too...it was like $80. A few weeks later, they sent me a check for the amount of the second bill. Ok.

Then they sent me a bill for the rest of the month of healtcare I didn't pay for...and because I wasn't an employee it was for the higher non employee amount...pushing $1k for 2 weeks. I ignored it because the month had passed and I didn't use the benefits at all. What was the worst they could do...cancel the coverage I retroactively that I didn't use? They later sent a letter claiming that bill was an error.

In hindsight, I would have quit on the last payday of a month.