How life was awesome today: the :fuckyeah: thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:00 pm The settle up for sail of old house arrived in email. Closing in 7 days. Dont have to make the last payment. :fuckyeah: , interest saved.
:nice: monies saved!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:00 pm The settle up for sail of old house arrived in email. Closing in 7 days. Dont have to make the last payment. :fuckyeah: , interest saved.
:like: more money for seeyore
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Yesterday, my initial reaction was to go to the :eeyore: :bread: but Im really quite thankful. After walking out to hop in my car I saw a massive oil puddle. I immediately wanted to lift it and see what went wrong and fix it. I scrambled to find my little rubber pinch weld adapter for the jack. I havent seen it since the move. I couldnt find it but did find my hockey puck i use as a spacer sometimes. Enter the chop saw.

I knew this was dumb, from first thought. I figured I could be careful and knew I could slice a groove quickly, evven if its a bit unsafe. wedged puck in, held in place with hand about 2 inch away from blade. first 2 cuts went well and i had just a bit more material to remvoe on an edge. Brain lapse, turned puck on edge to take the last bit off. WAM. saw comes to stop, massive pain in finger.

oh shit, did i just remove the end of my finger? Luckily no. but i did slam the fuck out of it with the saw throwing the puck right at it and squishing it.

TL:DR, dont rush to an unsafe conclusion. Im real happy and thankful to still have a finger.

now to fix that stupid oil pan with a very busted finger...

i dont think its broken #justthetip
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:gag:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Ouch
wap

:gag: indeed.

Glad you still have 10 digits :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:jesus: man.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Not too surprisingly this thread was at the very end of page 2. Also with news of me bragging up my kid.
My daughter is officially the Valedictorian this year. In the Coronadome, she will be delivering an online speech. As someone who's not terribly fond of hearing her own gas, she was hopeful the speech would be cancelled this year. No such luck.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm Not too surprisingly this thread was at the very end of page 2. Also with news of me bragging up my kid.
My daughter is officially the Valedictorian this year. In the Coronadome, she will be delivering an online speech. As someone who's not terribly fond of hearing her own gas, she was hopeful the speech would be cancelled this year. No such luck.
Well done man. I know it’s technically her accomplishment, but 99% of the time the drive to perform like that is backed by parents.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm Not too surprisingly this thread was at the very end of page 2. Also with news of me bragging up my kid.
Well done man. I know it’s technically her accomplishment, but 99% of the time the drive to perform like that is backed by parents.
Candidly not THE MOST competitive HS in the world......probably got some decent genetic material, only kid in a house then houses where the adults use fancy words, turned out to be a big reader, and after that we didn't have to do much. She is actually NOT COMPETITVE outside the academic arena. I am prouder of the fact that she is a more empathetic human than I am TBH. Nice feather in her cap, I explained that the grade up the mountain gets a LOT STEEPER real soon. Buckle up.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Good stuff, congrats to her and you :) this isn’t easy
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

That's awesome! I'm sure good parenting has helped shaping her that way too.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Thanks doods.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Congrats!
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Candidly not THE MOST competitive HS in the world......probably got some decent genetic material, only kid in a house then houses where the adults use fancy words, turned out to be a big reader, and after that we didn't have to do much. She is actually NOT COMPETITVE outside the academic arena. I am prouder of the fact that she is a more empathetic human than I am TBH. Nice feather in her cap, I explained that the grade up the mountain gets a LOT STEEPER real soon. Buckle up.
Doesn’t matter if she won by an inch or a mile; winning’s winning.

:like:
wap

:fuckyeah:
Grats to girldirk! Well done. You must be very proud.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Congrats, that's Dirken amazing!
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

:fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

That's awesome!

She'll need to get comfortable speaking in front of people to maximize her future potential. This is great practice being online!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:49 am
That's awesome!

She'll need to get comfortable speaking in front of people to maximize her future potential. This is great practice being online!
:dat:

One thing that I have going for me is that I am super comfortable talking in front of anyone in a professional/corporate setting.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:52 am
That's awesome!

One thing that I have going for me is that I am super comfortable talking in front of anyone in a professional/corporate setting.
That's great! Makes a big difference.

I was a theater nerd in school, caught a lot of flack for it but as a introvert, it prepared me way more than I expected for the real world.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:55 am
razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:52 am

I was a theater nerd in school, caught a lot of flack for it but as a introvert, it prepared me way more than I expected for the real world.
It happened primarily in college, late high school. I was born with cleft lip/palate and most folks with that tend to be super nervous because my nose isn’t 100% straight (due to surgery) and my voice has a bit of a higher pitch, but I realized that if you seem confident and just put yourself out there people react to your levels of confidence not theirs.

So I just :aintcare: and it’s all downhill from there.

I did also participate in Model UN in college and that shit was intense, like get you with a teammate and ad hoc debate on some geopolitical issue that you didn’t have time to read about beforehand and basically “improv” it.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:55 am

It happened primarily in college, late high school. I was born with cleft lip/palate and most folks with that tend to be super nervous because my nose isn’t 100% straight (due to surgery) and my voice has a bit of a higher pitch, but I realized that if you seem confident and just put yourself out there people react to your levels of confidence not theirs.

I did also participate in Model UN in college and that shit was intense, like get you with a teammate and ad hoc debate on some geopolitical issue that you didn’t have time to read about beforehand and basically “improv” it.
It's really entirely about confidence.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:12 am
razr390 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 am

It's really entirely about confidence.
It goes a long way too. People notice it... I’ve talked to our CEO and other C-suite executives as part of my job but super casually and they always remember the people that aren’t shitting bricks to talk to them.

However, I would shit bricks if I had to report directly to them :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That's awesome!

Agreed!