So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Welcome to the recent purchase thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:ohdang:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote:I've been had. :ohdang:
:dat:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'll only list interesting things here.

Bought a fridge Friday.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/whirlpool-1 ... Id=4820164
ChrisoftheNorth

I bought a cam kit for the :poorvette: yesterday.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote:I bought a cam kit for the :poorvette: yesterday.
:mindblown: :ramz:
Lol I wish this was me

All I bought recently was gas. Oh and $50 in extension cords for Christmas lights.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I bought Grom brakes, and fork springs.

Tiny lyfe can stop and spring like a pro.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote:
Detroit wrote:I bought a cam kit for the :poorvette: yesterday.
Lol I wish this was me

All I bought recently was gas. Oh and $50 in extension cords for Christmas lights.
:bruh:

BTR is doing 10% off (with coupon code) cam kits through the end of the month. Great dill.

http://www.briantooleyracing.com/bundle-cam-kit.html

:doit:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:I bought FH3 Ultimate Edition the other day.

:megusta:
Oh yea, I did too. Just waiting for it come from Amazon...apparently it's back ordered.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Oh yea, I did too. Just waiting for it come from Amazon...apparently it's back ordered.
Should've downloaded it.
My baby bitch xBoner has a small HD. Plus, the physical disk was the same price. Why not go for something tangible?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: My baby bitch xBoner has a small HD. Plus, the physical disk was the same price. Why not go for something tangible?
Because dogs chew physical things. :iono:
two days ago you said you wanted the disc.

Hey everyone, this guy's a phony!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote:
Melon wrote:

[user not found] presented a good argument. I was swayed.

Also, it wasn't locally available. So download it was.
:notsure:

I'll let it slide...

...this time.
Acid666

Detroit wrote:
Acid666 wrote:
Lol I wish this was me

:bruh:

BTR is doing 10% off (with coupon code) cam kits through the end of the month. Great dill.

Lol. I wish I was at a point where I could. But we're saving for a new AC unit. My fiancee's petsitting is bringing more in for our AC fund than I am (then again I'm trying to pay off Lowes bills and shit to pay off a dishwasher and some other shit and she's not). After I pay off the truck I may be able to look into some major mods and just getting a shop to do it. I may sell the Vrod and fund that and pocket the change to just set aside for emergencies.

I actually looked hard for a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for SOMETHING for the Corvette... didn't find anything worth going into a little credit card debt over.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

So what do you all think of my Infinity Gauntlet mug?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Melon wrote:

[user not found] presented a good argument. I was swayed.

Also, it wasn't locally available. So download it was.
I can be patient. I shall wait until Amazon can ship it to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote:
Detroit wrote: :bruh:

Lol. I wish I was at a point where I could. But we're saving for a new AC unit. My fiancee's petsitting is bringing more in for our AC fund than I am (then again I'm trying to pay off Lowes bills and shit to pay off a dishwasher and some other shit and she's not). After I pay off the truck I may be able to look into some major mods and just getting a shop to do it. I may sell the Vrod and fund that and pocket the change to just set aside for emergencies.

I actually looked hard for a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for SOMETHING for the Corvette... didn't find anything worth going into a little credit card debt over.
No mod at all is worth going into debt over, that's for damned sure.

One day...

FWIW, Ellis...Six in particular...love cams. Incredible bang for the buck if you do it yourself, and the job isn't that hard, just involved.
Acid666

Detroit wrote: No mod at all is worth going into debt over, that's for damned sure.

One day...

FWIW, Ellis...Six in particular...love cams. Incredible bang for the buck if you do it yourself, and the job isn't that hard, just involved.

Yeah it'll happen. Maybe next year. I'm hopeful that I might get a bonus again for Christmas. Even if it's small it will help. I only took out a small loan on the truck and I only owe probably about $2,500 or so. So that will go fast. After that, the wedding shit at the end of the year, and possibly funding a couple of small projects, I'll get my headers and possibly the cam/tune.
My goal is to def do headers, then work on suspension bits for AutoX, and then go for a little boost in power with the cam. I don't wanna dive into heads and real pricey stuff for a while.
ChrisoftheNorth

Headers and cam at the same time so you only have to tune once would be nice.

I wouldn't touch the heads in a Z06, terrible return on investment.
Acid666

Detroit wrote:Headers and cam at the same time so you only have to tune once would be nice.

Exactly. From what I read the heads on the LS6 are what holds it back. Even though they're better than the LS1 heads, the LS3 heads flow way moe bettuh airs. I'm not really interested in spending 1-2K on heads . If that were the case I'd just spend 4-6K on a whole LS3 and have a lot more potential for power. But I'm happy with the power where it's at. My goal is 400 to the wheels. I got the car because I wanted something turn key, so I'm *TRYING* to not want to spend too much on power adders.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote:
Detroit wrote:Headers and cam at the same time so you only have to tune once would be nice.

Exactly. From what I read the heads on the LS6 are what holds it back. Even though they're better than the LS1 heads, the LS3 heads flow way moe bettuh airs. I'm not really interested in spending 1-2K on heads . If that were the case I'd just spend 4-6K on a whole LS3 and have a lot more potential for power. But I'm happy with the power where it's at. My goal is 400 to the wheels. I got the car because I wanted something turn key, so I'm *TRYING* to not want to spend too much on power adders.
Dude, you could hit 400 whp with just headers.

The LS6 heads are great. They were the same that went on the LS2. And that's the thing, there just isn't that much room for improvement left in them. You could spend a grand having them CNC'd and gain MAYBE 15 whp. Aftermarket heads are 2k+, and maybe gain you 20 or 30 above your current. There's serious diminishing returns when you talk heads on the LS6. It's pretty damned great as-is.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I bought socks with tacos on them :fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
HighwayStarPatrick
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 VW GTI

Bought the new Final Fantasy 15 game, some cell phone charger things from amazon, and food. Oh glorious food!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Acid666

Ordered a cheap mic last night for the GoPro so I can record audio from the rear of the car when running.
$12, good reviews, figured why not. My buddy actually works for GoPro and sent me a Windslayer for it since he saw the autocross videos were a little choppy on the sound. It helped, but nothing catches the audio like a mic in the rear. I didn't realize this even was a thing until I saw about 3 cars at the last autocross with a mic sticking out from their trunk and taped to the rear bumper. Now I've gotta figure out where to route it.
Next will be wiring a cheap ass back up camera... BUT TO THE FRONT! I wanna see ground clearances in the Z

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote:Ordered a cheap mic last night for the GoPro so I can record audio from the rear of the car when running.
$12, good reviews, figured why not. My buddy actually works for GoPro and sent me a Windslayer for it since he saw the autocross videos were a little choppy on the sound. It helped, but nothing catches the audio like a mic in the rear. I didn't realize this even was a thing until I saw about 3 cars at the last autocross with a mic sticking out from their trunk and taped to the rear bumper. Now I've gotta figure out where to route it.
Next will be wiring a cheap ass back up camera... BUT TO THE FRONT! I wanna see ground clearances in the Z

external remote mic is phenomenal for action cameras.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

[user not found] wrote:Acid, get yourself a muff for that mic.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N ... av-Search=

I would but all the ones on that page are for full size mics. Any idea where I can get a small one? I might have an old Xbox headset or something lying around where I could just steal the foam from it and stretch it to make it work. Or rubber band it if it's a little big.