Car Talk 4: The Richard Hertz Rent-A-Car 500

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Aston Fusion still looks sharp to me. Why are they so bad? I've never driven one.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:14 am
wap wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:56 pm

:dat:
Plus, we have 100% combined our finances so there really is no "her" and "my" money so I feel I have a tiny bit of say, though the ultimate choice will be hers. I just steered her to what I can stomach being seen in every now and then. Thus no Nissans, Fusions, Camry's, etc. And yes, I know Camry's are much improved. I still have my dignity.
IDK man the Camry XSE V6 is a cool car
I did point one out to her in a parking lot and she hated the "face".
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:57 am

I did point one out to her in a parking lot and she hated the "face".
God speed brother

Talk to my guy Brandon Moore at Fletcher Jones Audi and see what he has for :dill:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 am

Its a smartly built car that has a decent drivetrain and suspension and is built in the USA.

They actually look nice now and the fact that it's a V6 instead of some turbo tomfoolery is a big bonus. I'd happily see my :tits: in one.

And sure, I would give her guidance of things to test drive, but ultimately she can decide if it's within budget. I mean, she is tolerant of my car nonsense, so whatever.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 am

Its a smartly built car that has a decent drivetrain and suspension and is built in the USA.

They actually look nice now and the fact that it's a V6 instead of some turbo tomfoolery is a big bonus. I'd happily see my :tits: in one.

And sure, I would give her guidance of things to test drive, but ultimately she can decide if it's within budget. I mean, she is tolerant of my car nonsense, so whatever.
A Camry V6 could catch us sleeping in our :poorvette: pretty easily and it would be game over for us. They're pretty dang quick
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

New Camry is legit :notbad: looking. Same with the new Accord. I'm surprised every time I see one.

I will give zero guidance to my :tits: on her next car other than preferring an FCA product for obvious reasons. Helping her pick has burned me every time. Not this time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:49 am

New Camry is legit :notbad: looking. Same with the new Accord. I'm surprised every time I see one.

I will give zero guidance to my :tits: on her next car other than preferring an FCA product for obvious reasons. Helping her pick has burned me every time. Not this time.
I for one am excited to see how this pans out, even if only for the reason I'm bored at work and need something to read about.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oops
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:07 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:49 am

I for one am excited to see how this pans out, even if only for the reason I'm bored at work and need something to read about.
I'm dreading it, honestly. I'm just going to push it off for as long as possible.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 am
I'm dreading it, honestly. I'm just going to push it off for as long as possible.
How 'bout dem JLU's?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I get it man. My dad has the same heated steering wheel requirement. I honestly think if he didn't want that he would have bought a Lacrosse over the 300.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:17 am
How 'bout dem JLU's?
I dunno...

I'm more inclined to just order something...or do nothing and keep the Volt. '18 JLU deals still aren't all that appealing.

I have remarkably little interest in this car change...but it's going to be forced in short order when the :truk: goes back. We need something to tow the glamper with.

Between :tits: :fullretard: logic and my :scrooge: ness, I'm just not excited about any outcomes right now.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 am
I get it man. My dad has the same heated steering wheel requirement. I honestly think if he didn't want that he would have bought a Lacrosse over the 300.
LaCrosse is crazy nice. I thought they came with heated steering wheels?
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:17 am

How 'bout dem JLU's?
I dunno...

I'm more inclined to just order something...or do nothing and keep the Volt. '18 JLU deals still aren't all that appealing.

I have remarkably little interest in this car change...but it's going to be forced in short order when the :truk: goes back. We need something to tow the glamper with.

Between :tits: :fullretard: logic and my :scrooge: ness, I'm just not excited about any outcomes right now.
:sad:

This seems like it should be something to be all :fuckyeah: about.

Time for a trailer hitch on the Volt? :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 am
I dunno...

:sad:

This seems like it should be something to be all :fuckyeah: about.

Time for a trailer hitch on the Volt? :lol:
Honestly, this is the first car transaction I'm not :fuckyeah: about. I'm equal parts :sad: and :wat:

I doubt the Volt would be happy towing 3k lbs. It's rather small for that.

I'll probably just end up letting :tits: pick the :truk: replacement since she wants something massive that won't care about 3k lbs towing, and accept my fate with the Volt. It is what it is. The car is just fine.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Don’t get mad! Get Glad(iator)!
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:39 am Don’t get mad! Get Glad(iator)!
:notbad:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 am
LaCrosse is crazy nice. I thought they came with heated steering wheels?
Only in premium trim which is about $6k more than he can afford.
ChrisoftheNorth

I love the Gladiator, don't get me wrong...but it really isn't a good off-road vehicle for the off-roading around here. It won't fit down most trails, so it's really best as just a convertible pickup, which is epic. A Sport S would be very adequate for that.

The problem is, I do really enjoy off-roading...it's something we both enjoy doing, and I don't want to abandon that. A JLU would be perfect, but that's a pricey proposition on top of whatever the hell :tits: chooses.

I'd really rather just do one vehicle change, not two. And since :tits: "hates" the Volt, it's really on her to chose what to drive when the :truk: leaves. I'd love it to be a JLU, but I'm staying the hell out of it. And since the :truk: is here until September, that doesn't really line up well with potential 2018 :dill: s
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:52 am
I love the Gladiator, don't get me wrong...but it really isn't a good off-road vehicle for the off-roading around here. It won't fit down most trails, so it's really best as just a convertible pickup, which is epic. A Sport S would be very adequate for that.

The problem is, I do really enjoy off-roading...it's something we both enjoy doing, and I don't want to abandon that. A JLU would be perfect, but that's a pricey proposition on top of whatever the hell :tits: chooses.

I'd really rather just do one vehicle change, not two. And since :tits: "hates" the Volt, it's really on her to chose what to drive when the :truk: leaves. I'd love it to be a JLU, but I'm staying the hell out of it. And since the :truk: is here until September, that doesn't really line up well with potential 2018 :dill: s
Woah, when did the Volt hate start? I thought she loved it with its heated steering wheel?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:10 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:52 am

Woah, when did the Volt hate start? I thought she loved it with its heated steering wheel?
It was in a thread somewhere...apparently she "hates" it now because it's "too small". She literally drives less than 1 mile per day round trip, but that doesn't matter.

Turns out, I "forced her into it" even though she wanted something bigger. She already had something bigger, but it didn't have a heated steering wheel, which was the deal breaker. I bought the cheapest thing I could find with a heated steering wheel after she came home one day glowing about how neat her friend's new (at the time) Volt was...so it seemed like a good idea.

She changes her mind in an instant completely irrationally and with zero warning.

So now the Volt is mine. Which is fine, I like the car well enough, it's the best commuter I've ever driven, but it just doesn't excite me at all. I just need to suck it up and deal, letting her decide the fate of :truk: :plac: Then it's 100% her fault when she doesn't like the thing in a few years.
Apex

:doomed:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:47 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:10 am

It was in a thread somewhere...apparently she "hates" it now because it's "too small". She literally drives less than 1 mile per day round trip, but that doesn't matter.

Turns out, I "forced her into it" even though she wanted something bigger. She already had something bigger, but it didn't have a heated steering wheel, which was the deal breaker. I bought the cheapest thing I could find with a heated steering wheel after she came home one day glowing about how neat her friend's new (at the time) Volt was...so it seemed like a good idea.

She changes her mind in an instant completely irrationally and with zero warning.

So now the Volt is mine. Which is fine, I like the car well enough, it's the best commuter I've ever driven, but it just doesn't excite me at all. I just need to suck it up and deal, letting her decide the fate of :truk: :plac: Then it's 100% her fault when she doesn't like the thing in a few years.
I :member: her wanting a giant :truk: since the 1smp daze. Not surprised by the volt h8
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:51 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:47 am

I :member: her wanting a giant :truk: since the 1smp daze. Not surprised by the volt h8
Yea, I know. I'm just a fucking idiot that never learns. I will this time.

I suggested we lease a Ram so I can have a JLU, and she's all :sass: because she rode in a friend's Stelvio and loved it "so european" :rolleyes: . She also thinks the Compass is "super cute" but really wants a Grand Cherokee Summit.

:rolleyes:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:02 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:51 am

Yea, I know. I'm just a fucking idiot that never learns. I will this time.

I suggested we lease a Ram so I can have a JLU, and she's all :sass: because she rode in a friend's Stelvio and loved it "so european" :rolleyes: . She also thinks the Compass is "super cute" but really wants a Grand Cherokee Summit.

:rolleyes:
Let her pick her own thing. And Alfa is made in Italy so she is not :wrong: