Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am Well the car has set readiness but the fucking CEL is on. Intermittent lean at idle and some boost pressure control intermittent issue, the later being almost certainly from the tune.

I see nothing in the actual law saying i cant get a sticker with the light on, just that i have to pass the OBD2 emissions test (setting readiness). So I think I go try to today.....if it stops raining.
Interesting. In CA, a CEL was an automatic fail.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:57 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am Well the car has set readiness but the fucking CEL is on. Intermittent lean at idle and some boost pressure control intermittent issue, the later being almost certainly from the tune.

I see nothing in the actual law saying i cant get a sticker with the light on, just that i have to pass the OBD2 emissions test (setting readiness). So I think I go try to today.....if it stops raining.
Interesting. In CA, a CEL was an automatic fail.
Id expect that in commiefornia.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

BTW, curious to follow your trailer updates. I might be :truk: less this year...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am BTW, curious to follow your trailer updates. I might be :truk: less this year...
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:08 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am BTW, curious to follow your trailer updates. I might be :truk: less this year...
I no rite?

:doomed: :nuke:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:popcorn:

I'll post better updates for you then
I got the thing wired up for easy disconnection of the tongue, mounted the licence plate, spare, and laid out everything.

I got the deck on most of the way over the weekend with 2 of the three rows of e-track attached. Waiting on some more parts to get the remaining e-track mounted and finish modifying the gate.

three trips to HD for so, so much hardware (and returning of hardware)

brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

You have an OBD bluetooth reader or anything to clear the code? I think you're ok in the state because I've never had issues with my previous ones. But Lafayette's a little more relaxed. The CEL issue is the whole reason I got my Silverado from a buddy for so cheap. He couldn't pass inspection in Texas because of it so he just sold it for cheap. It was just the knock sensors under the intake manifold, so I dunno why he didn't just spend the $50 or so on parts just to replace it and do it himself.

You guys have to check emissions over there in red stick? Actually I think I remember Alan mentioning it and why he had to have cats.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 am

I got the thing wired up for easy disconnection of the tongue, mounted the licence plate, spare, and laid out everything.

I got the deck on most of the way over the weekend with 2 of the three rows of e-track attached. Waiting on some more parts to get the remaining e-track mounted and finish modifying the gate.

Thanks. Super curious on what you do...I'd buy this exact trailer if I don't have a :truk: anymore. I want something better than the HF trailer.

What did you do to make the tongue easier to remove? I love the idea of being able to store it on the wall like this.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 am

You have an OBD bluetooth reader or anything to clear the code? I think you're ok in the state because I've never had issues with my previous ones. But Lafayette's a little more relaxed. The CEL issue is the whole reason I got my Silverado from a buddy for so cheap. He couldn't pass inspection in Texas because of it so he just sold it for cheap. It was just the knock sensors under the intake manifold, so I dunno why he didn't just spend the $50 or so on parts just to replace it and do it himself.

You guys have to check emissions over there in red stick? Actually I think I remember Alan mentioning it and why he had to have cats.
if you clear the code it resets readiness. He has the vagcom.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 am

Yea the issue is its a fucking intermittent issue, and if you reset the code it resets reddiness. Its not / no longer intermittent enough to stay off long enough to set readiness, and get my sticker.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 am

Thanks. Super curious on what you do...I'd buy this exact trailer if I don't have a :truk: anymore. I want something better than the HF trailer.

What did you do to make the tongue easier to remove? I love the idea of being able to store it on the wall like this.
This model of trailer comes with a bolt on tongue. I simply replaced the bolts with hitch pins. The wiring is just another trailer connecter i wired in to disconnect. This is the tractor supply trailer, its a 5x8. I think its a good since that fits most people's needs, it can fit 4x8 plywood. You may want to consider a 5x10 depending on what your needs are, but the 5x8 is pretty ideal and it seems to be the most popular size for this class of light trailer.

Put on some e-track and various tie downs and you are good to go.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 am

This model of trailer comes with a bolt on tongue. I simply replaced the bolts with hitch pins. The wiring is just another trailer connecter i wired in to disconnect. This is the tractor supply trailer, its a 5x8. I think its a good since that fits most people's needs, it can fit 4x8 plywood. You may want to consider a 5x10 depending on what your needs are, but the 5x8 is pretty ideal and it seems to be the most popular size for this class of light trailer.

Fantastic.

When I had my 4x8 HF trailer, I rarely wanted more length...though width would be handy. 5x8 is perfect.

Awesome that the tongue can connect with hitch pins. This seems pretty ideal.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 am This model of trailer comes with a bolt on tongue. I simply replaced the bolts with hitch pins. The wiring is just another trailer connecter i wired in to disconnect. This is the tractor supply trailer, its a 5x8. I think its a good since that fits most people's needs, it can fit 4x8 plywood. You may want to consider a 5x10 depending on what your needs are, but the 5x8 is pretty ideal and it seems to be the most popular size for this class of light trailer.

Fantastic.

When I had my 4x8 HF trailer, I rarely wanted more length...though width would be handy. 5x8 is perfect.

Northern Tool aluminum 5x8 is what I wanted to use for a kart.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Fantastic.

I don't think I want something that bolts together again.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Fantastic.

750 bones and you still have to build the deck. Naw I"m good.
brain go brrrrrr
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Kart fit in my Subaru. Clay oval kart doe
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 pm Northern Tool aluminum 5x8 is what I wanted to use for a kart.
No rust, light weight, and you get to build it for your specific application.

I don't :truk: :doe: so keeping weight down is essential.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
No rust, light weight, and you get to build it for your specific application.

I don't :truk: :doe: so keeping weight down is essential.
Heard that. Same here, but the iron 5x8 is surprisingly light, i think it was like 500 lbs. I was well under 2k with the trailer and both bikes. Rust is not a real problem for me.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 am

Fantastic.

:alpo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I was able to get a little more work done on the trailer, almost there gents

Welding up the hinges and reinforcement.

The divorce is final kids.

I added the 'pad' cutoff from the angle to take the stress of the hinge welds. When i welded them from the inside it would not open all the way without lots of bending on the angle....these pads transmit that load more properly.

painted.jpg, picture not shown.

Whats left? Hook up to test the lights, add the last few random sections of e-track to button up making the carrying of a motorcycle easier. Make / buy a latch to secure the fold down gate.

Also bought three tires for the GTI. Why three? Hit a rock in TN last year on the last day and needed a tire to get home. Don't do any performance driving around town so :aintcare: about mismatched boots. With the annual trip to the dragon coming, I DO do some performance driving and DO like matched boots....and two are near enough the wear bars to call them donzo.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Wow, really like that folding rear. Is that not a standard feature?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:11 am I was able to get a little more work done on the trailer, almost there gents

Welding up the hinges and reinforcement.

The divorce is final kids.

I added the 'pad' cutoff from the angle to take the stress of the hinge welds. When i welded them from the inside it would not open all the way without lots of bending on the angle....these pads transmit that load more properly.

painted.jpg, picture not shown.

Whats left? Hook up to test the lights, add the last few random sections of e-track to button up making the carrying of a motorcycle easier. Make / buy a latch to secure the fold down gate.

Also bought three tires for the GTI. Why three? Hit a rock in TN last year on the last day and needed a tire to get home. Don't do any performance driving around town so :aintcare: about mismatched boots. With the annual trip to the dragon coming, I DO do some performance driving and DO like matched boots....and two are near enough the wear bars to call them donzo.
Sweet! Badass work man.

I'll need to use it soon too, so it shall be put to the test.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:neat: work on the folding rear there :fax: ! Really cool idea.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:43 am Wow, really like that folding rear. Is that not a standard feature?
not on this budget model.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:36 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:43 am Wow, really like that folding rear. Is that not a standard feature?
not on this budget model.
Good to know. Love it.