Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:51 pm

The main issue with the golf is that I already had one ... but agreed on other points. This civic was really nice though ... I also really enjoyed the manual
That is NOT an issue. Two different generations. MQB platform is NIGHT AND DAY better than the MK6's that were on MK5 platforms.

You also had a TDI which is the most Econo Golf.
I understand the differences and I had no qualms with the mk6. Mk7 is better of course and golf r is better than that even. But :Idunno:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:45 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:14 pm
Secondary thoughts ...
12.4 gallon tank in a car that doesn’t crack 30mpg :fullretard:
It’ll be at least 40k Otd for a civic ... this is the part that bothers me the most I suppose ...
I still believe the most rational choice in all of this is the GoRf. It is the most matured, refined, fun, practical, etc. car of the Type R and Fuckus RS and itself.

You barely go to any track days and for "spirited drives" the GoRf will be fun beyond all other measures. Crosstrek it is not.
Fanboi is gonna fanboi and you are also shooting for an image above your years versus someone like Max or myself that would likely be cool to be perceived as younger. The R is certainly nice but seems like a yawnfest in comparison with the Hype R or RS. All comes down to whether you value luxury/perception or fun/uniqueness more. I certainly gravitate towards the latter.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:28 pm
I still believe the most rational choice in all of this is the GoRf. It is the most matured, refined, fun, practical, etc. car of the Type R and Fuckus RS and itself.

You barely go to any track days and for "spirited drives" the GoRf will be fun beyond all other measures. Crosstrek it is not.
Fanboi is gonna fanboi and you are also shooting for an image above your years versus someone like Max or myself that would likely be cool to be perceived as younger. The R is certainly nice but seems like a yawnfest in comparison with the Hype R or RS. All comes down to whether you value luxury/perception or fun/uniqueness more. I certainly gravitate towards the latter.
Fanboy? Gtfo. Its the most practical choice that is good at everything yet great at nothing. The other cars are definitely more fun but have other compromises.

There are places like SF and highly congested areas where it isn’t remotely worth it to have a performance car because you don’t have open roads and traffic and road quality is ass.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Fanboy? Gtfo. Its the most practical choice that is good at everything yet great at nothing. The other cars are definitely more fun but have other compromises.

There are places like SF and highly congested areas where it isn’t remotely worth it to have a performance car because you don’t have open roads and traffic and road quality is ass.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Rudy and I kinda prefer cars that doesn't scream boy racer if that makes sense, as far as exterior is concerned, if we would pick say a hellcat chally vs type R, the choice is really a no brainer. I have never driven it and I'm sure it is a pretty solid daily car. Plus those factory :ramz: would make me paranoid about getting the car alone, and that would be the road conditions of where I live, even though it can be fixed with aftermarket.

Atleast for me, I think the GTI/R ruins it for a lot of cars for us as our choice for a daily. I thought about the 10th gen si, f30 335/340, wrx, mustang gt, camaro ss (not the new one :disgust: ). But honestly, my next car might be another egg, most likely an R with a :manuel: cause I missed it, even though I said DSG felt right for these cars. Perhaps the new GLI even though I'm not a fan of the front end with dat red stripe, which I will put black electrical tape on it anyway :mahtroy: But I promised myself to live the no car payment life for atleast a year, so I won't pull the :plac: plunge until mid 2020 at earliest. My only concern for keeping the mk7 at this point is the mileage for the use of certain occasions say if I wanna take a roadtrip and somewhere along those lines. But who knows.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I’m just gonna say that I went to the grocery store for pancake mix (walked, natch) and saw a display of die cast kids cars. In it was a blue STI. Shit like that makes me smile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:45 pm

:dat: is why the :gorf: :mk6: is the perfect choice, plus with the subtle styling, you won't have some :manuel: with a 2005 Altima with the trunk taped down won't hurt the cvt and scream their puny NA 4 bangers on top of their lungs.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:53 pm I’m just gonna say that I went to the grocery store for pancake mix (walked, natch) and saw a display of die cast kids cars. In it was a blue STI. Shit like that makes me smile.
My older friends kid has a toy of a yellow mk1 GTI :wub:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:45 pm

:bruh: :iono: you also told me to get a GTI/R and everyone else on the forum that I can remember. I'm glad you enjoy your car :doe: , and I think the GTI/R is nice, but it's not the end all be all of cars.

I don't believe you've actually been to SF, I have many times and can tell you there are lots of amazing roads in the area, and Max lives in the east bay anyhow. Sure, dailying a Corvette might be a pain in the ass, but a CTR is going to be just fine.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I need to go drive the R and CTR.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:40 pm I need to go drive the R and CTR.
I just drove two golf Rs. A 7 and 7.5 dsgay and :Manuel: impressions incoming. After hamachi
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:12 pm
I just drove two golf Rs. A 7 and 7.5 dsgay and :Manuel: impressions incoming. After hamachi
:popcorn:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote:

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:12 pm
:crang:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm
max225 wrote:

:lolol:
Apex

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm
:dat: a classic
max225

One thing that is shocking to me is how much softer all these cars are compared to my m3. Which feels 100% stiffer than the next softest car.

I drove a 2016 R that looked great in pics but was completely ragged out by 37k miles. It was :disgust: shifter was worn both bumpers scuffed, steering wheel shiny af. It felt like 137k. And I’m pretty sure the clutch was slipping... :wtf: also this car sucks in Manuel compared to the civic ...

the civic is fun to drive in stick and this felt like a chore ... hill hold didn’t work or was disabled also.

In more positive news :mindblown: on the DCC it actually works!!! It is a great feature and makes the car super soft ... I don’t know :wtf: bmw is doing but that’s function is pointless in both of my cars.

Then I drove a 2018 7.5 with 10k miles. Night and day condition difference ... also it made me realize I really want the .5
The seats are better and much more expensive looking
I like the styling much more and wheels aren’t as bad in person
The backup cam on the pre 18 has a poverty shit resolution and is pretty much pointless compared to the 18+
The lights are better inside and out
Digi dash is kinda :gay: because it seems to lag a bit but it gives the car a really modern feel. It’s unique at this price point
And i really really like the updated screen. The whole car feels years newer. A must have update.

Now in terms of driving impressions ... I don’t really think anything is night and day here compared to mk6. Same shit to be honest... brakes are blah compared to civic and bmw, doesn’t sound like anything .... but that’s expected, civic had a better tone to it. Handling is alright but nothing to rave about.

To be fair I’m used to bigger differences between vehicles. My m3 to 335 is vastly more different than mk6 to mk7.

Overall I liked the 7.5 it is a very nice vehicle, but nothing special ... I think a civic type r is a much more unique and fun vehicle and it feels special, hard to describe. But a golf is a nicer all arounder especially in comfort mode.

This is going to be a really tough decision.
Apex

Luckily, I don’t think you can make a :wrong: choice here.
razr390

get a :truk:
max225

razr390 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 pmget a :truk:
I’m good, u should tho with the incoming crotchfruit
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This makes me wanna test drive a Type R.
Apex

max225 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm
:dat:
razr390

max225 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm
GTI will be plenty fine for what I need it for. GF's Jetta will probably go in for a Tiguan in a year or two.
razr390

5/7 would get a JT :doe:

:drool: