OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Struggled eating all my chicken the last few days. Think I’m burnt out on cooking it in the instant pot. Gonna go stovetop for a week or two to change things up. Instant pot is nice and convenient, but I’ll need to use it more sparingly.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My burning flesh smells like burned toast.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 am Image
Irony will find a way......

PS Love this
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:43 pm Struggled eating all my chicken the last few days. Think I’m burnt out on cooking it in the instant pot. Gonna go stovetop for a week or two to change things up. Instant pot is nice and convenient, but I’ll need to use it more sparingly.
Don't you have an air fryer?

Raw chicken breast with some seasoning in the air fryer turns out FANTASTIC
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:50 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:43 pm Struggled eating all my chicken the last few days. Think I’m burnt out on cooking it in the instant pot. Gonna go stovetop for a week or two to change things up. Instant pot is nice and convenient, but I’ll need to use it more sparingly.

:wub: my airfryer
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:dat: :drool:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am Image
Fucking Bubbles. :lolol:
SAWCE

I don’t. I may snag one though. Hadn’t thought of doing chicken in it, I wanted it for sweet potato fries and such.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 am

I don’t. I may snag one though. Hadn’t thought of doing chicken in it, I wanted it for sweet potato fries and such.
Putting raw seasoned chicken breast in it, it comes out tasting like it was pan fried...only no oil. We cook a lot of chicken breasts in it like that because they turn out so good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 am

Putting raw seasoned chicken breast in it, it comes out tasting like it was pan fried...only no oil. We cook a lot of chicken breasts in it like that because they turn out so good.
:notbad: I just sauté mine in a pan with no oil, but if I can get a new flavor/texture with an air fryer to work into my rotation, that’d be nice.

I’m stubborn enough to stick to my diet, but after a year and a half of eating at least a pound of chicken breast almost every day, I need new cooking methods to rotate in and change things up a bit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:22 am
:notbad: I just sauté mine in a pan with no oil, but if I can get a new flavor/texture with an air fryer to work into my rotation, that’d be nice.

I’m stubborn enough to stick to my diet, but after a year and a half of eating at least a pound of chicken breast almost every day, I need new cooking methods to rotate in and change things up a bit.
deep fry that shit
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

When you cook it in the pan with no oil, I've found it can have a tendency of drying out. It also doesn't really cook evenly around, usually gets REALLY cooked on the sides you cook on.

But the air fryer is a nice even cook with an almost crispy outside but still really juicy inside. Takes some practice to figure out what temp and time works best, but man...I love the outcome.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am

When you cook it in the pan with no oil, I've found it can have a tendency of drying out. It also doesn't really cook evenly around, usually gets REALLY cooked on the sides you cook on.

But the air fryer is a nice even cook with an almost crispy outside but still really juicy inside. Takes some practice to figure out what temp and time works best, but man...I love the outcome.
Yeah I chop it into pretty small pieces first so that it cooks more evenly and doesn’t need to cook as long so it doesn’t dry out as bad, but it still gets old after a while and is easy to overlook and dry out a bit.
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 am

deep fry that shit
Get outta here with that :fatty: shit. I can’t add any extra fats to my foods :(
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:27 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am

Yeah I chop it into pretty small pieces first so that it cooks more evenly and doesn’t need to cook as long so it doesn’t dry out as bad, but it still gets old after a while and is easy to overlook and dry out a bit.
Ohhh, I see.

Michele made some air fryer chicken nuggets like that. She cut up chicken breast into cubes, tossed them in a mix of seasoning, and dumped them in. They turned out really great. I think you'd like it.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:27 am

Ohhh, I see.

Michele made some air fryer chicken nuggets like that. She cut up chicken breast into cubes, tossed them in a mix of seasoning, and dumped them in. They turned out really great. I think you'd like it.
Dang. I could work with something like that. Roll them in like rice and seasoning and almost have a little sushi type thing going on..
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:34 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 am
Ohhh, I see.

Dang. I could work with something like that. Roll them in like rice and seasoning and almost have a little sushi type thing going on..
well, the air fryer doesn't like smaller things like rice. BUT, you could make the nuggets in the air fryer and roll them in rice afterward. Would probably be a neat snack.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:36 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:34 am

well, the air fryer doesn't like smaller things like rice. BUT, you could make the nuggets in the air fryer and roll them in rice afterward. Would probably be a neat snack.
Ah, thanks for the pro tip. Yeah I’ll have to pick one up and play with it to come up with some stuff.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:28 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 am

deep fry that shit
Get outta here with that :fatty: shit. I can’t add any extra fats to my foods :(
:massles:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:28 am

:massles:
It’s very weird being on a low-fat diet for the first time. I definitely don’t love it. I want some fucking eggs for breakfast.
SAWCE

I did :fatty: out for my cheat meal last night at the taco stand again though. Bacon breakfast burrito California style, and then another carne asada soft taco. Taco wasn’t as good this time, overloaded with pico de gallo.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:42 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am In fact, if I was on Instagram, I would purposely avoid companies that pay people to sell their shit. It's promoting terrible behavior.

Wife enjoys trolling people. I was drinking scotch last night, Balvenie 12...nothing special. She takes a photo of the glass and does all these filters on it so it looks :neat: Then says "Really enjoying this Balvenie 25 #with #a #bunch #of #hashtags".

I told her it was a 12 and she asked "would the 25 really look any different?" Very few actually live the life they portray.

:rolleyes: :lolol:
bold = :notwrong:

but fuck all that noise and fuck instagram
I deleted my instagram a couple weeks ago. Big waste of time to me.