OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote::sass:

its all run on algorithms, it should show me thing I like.
:tits: :doe:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote::sass:

its all run on algorithms, it should show me thing I like.
:tits: :doe:
:bs:

Why aren't we hearing about the mark zed at the Watkins Glen HPDE
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

The amount of misinformation and false leading on republican or democratic facebook groups is downright scary. Especially when you read the comments and see the swarm of people agreeing with the meme or whatever it is.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:55 am The amount of misinformation and false leading on republican or democratic facebook groups is downright scary. Especially when you read the comments and see the swarm of people agreeing with the meme or whatever it is.
:yikes:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:55 am The amount of misinformation and false leading on republican or democratic facebook groups is downright scary. Especially when you read the comments and see the swarm of people agreeing with the meme or whatever it is.
Letterman has a show on netflix and the first guest was Obama. He touched on an interesting problem that's happening in the world now due to social media and easier access to groups like this. Search engines, facebook, social media platforms, etc tailor articles and news and such to your search preferences. If you "like" something or search for something it'll bias to show you more of that type of information. As such, Republicunts and democrats are essentially living in entirely different information pools. And a huge challenge will be getting accurate non-biased information to even show up in someone's feed or search results.

Interesting point.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Letterman has a show on netflix and the first guest was Obama. He touched on an interesting problem that's happening in the world now due to social media and easier access to groups like this. Search engines, facebook, social media platforms, etc tailor articles and news and such to your search preferences. If you "like" something or search for something it'll bias to show you more of that type of information. As such, Republicunts and democrats are essentially living in entirely different information pools. And a huge challenge will be getting accurate non-biased information to even show up in someone's feed or search results.

Interesting point.
Very valid point, too. Getting accurate non-biased information is seemingly impossible these days with the proliferation of social media/ :fakenews: / bandwagon-ing that goes on these days.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Interesting point.
Wow...I never thought about this. Excellent point.

So that's why google only shows me stuff about :jeep: and :tits: . I thought politics stopped. Interesting.

:trollface:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Interesting point.

So that's why google only shows me stuff about :jeep: and :tits: . I thought politics stopped. Interesting.

Well to use this example, a democrat searching for "Jeep Wrangler" might turn up top 10 SUVs with worst fuel mileage. Whereas a republican searching for "Jeep Wrangler" might turn up something more about rock crawling. So one side would adamantly believe it's a horrible SUV while the other side would adamantly believe it's the best SUV.

Just an example.

The facebook group I was lurking had so much misinformation and hate that I am legitimately concerned.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Everyone is :wrong:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Well to use this example, a democrat searching for "Jeep Wrangler" might turn up top 10 SUVs with worst fuel mileage. Whereas a republican searching for "Jeep Wrangler" might turn up something more about rock crawling. So one side would adamantly believe it's a horrible SUV while the other side would adamantly believe it's the best SUV.

Just an example.

The facebook group I was lurking had so much misinformation and hate that I am legitimately concerned.
I too am legitimately concerned. Media has been spiraling for years now since print (mostly) died and the "free" interwebz took over. Revenue is hard to come by anymore, so outlets get further and further from the truth while pandering to what readers they can garner for meager pay-per click ad revenue. Add to that social media groups that will collectively twist what small nuggets of read facts exist into insane ramblings and true :fakenews: and people might be the most misinformed they've ever been.

It's interesting, we have the most access to news and data than we ever had, yet are the least informed about the truth. In fact, what is truth anymore? Does it even exist?

:mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

My social media feeds are just littered with oiled up dudes in thongs :gay:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

any news on :wap:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 pm any news on :wap:
None yet. I don’t suspect we’ll hear from him until next week.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 pm any news on :wap:
Yea...IIRC, he should be getting out of the ICU today then to a normal room. Maybe we'll hear from him this week, but probably next.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:48 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Yea...IIRC, he should be getting out of the ICU today then to a normal room. Maybe we'll hear from him this week, but probably next.
Yeah I suspect he’ll be snoozing and spending his awake moments with family. We’re gonna be low on that priority list for a while.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:48 pm
Yeah I suspect he’ll be snoozing and spending his awake moments with family. We’re gonna be low on that priority list for a while.
Yep, but once the family leaves and he's sitting there alone and bored...

:excited:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Yeah, hospital time is twilight zone time...... the combination of anesthesia, surgical trauma and lack of gottdam rest is soooo disorienting.....on day 3 I started wanting to update you guise but I was so easily distracted to the point where it didn't happen until day 5
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:23 pm Yeah, hospital time is twilight zone time...... the combination of anesthesia, surgical trauma and lack of gottdam rest is soooo disorienting.....on day 3 I started wanting to update you guise but I was so easily distracted to the point where it didn't happen until day 5
I bet. Never experienced it, but I'm sure it's not fun.
SAWCE

Yeah I’ve never had an overnight stay in a hospital for myself *knocks on wood*

Two surgery’s total, outpatient for both of them.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:57 pm Yeah I’ve never had an overnight stay in a hospital for myself *knocks on wood*

I'm so fortunate to never have had a surgery. Wisdom teeth out was as close as I got.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:57 pm Yeah I’ve never had an overnight stay in a hospital for myself *knocks on wood*

I'm so fortunate to never have had a surgery. Wisdom teeth out was as close as I got.
Ha I was counting that as one of my two. They put me under, so I’m throwing it on the list.

Second one was my skin cancer removal. I wish they’d put me under for that. Dude did not give me enough local anesthetic and I had to ask for more shots a few times when I felt him cutting. And being awake for them cauterizing it afterwards and seeing and smelling the smoke of your own burning flesh is :gag:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm
Ha I was counting that as one of my two. They put me under, so I’m throwing it on the list.

Second one was my skin cancer removal. I wish they’d put me under for that. Dude did not give me enough local anesthetic and I had to ask for more shots a few times when I felt him cutting. And being awake for them cauterizing it afterwards and seeing and smelling the smoke of your own burning flesh is :gag:
They were supposed to put me out for my teeth, but when I got there told me they couldn't. So they gave me the strongest dose of sedatives or whatever that they could and it put me in la la land, but I remember each tooth coming out. I didn't feel it, but it's burned in my memory.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm

They were supposed to put me out for my teeth, but when I got there told me they couldn't. So they gave me the strongest dose of sedatives or whatever that they could and it put me in la la land, but I remember each tooth coming out. I didn't feel it, but it's burned in my memory.
No thank you.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm Everyone is :wrong:
That is the DFD way.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.