Cell phone / wireless discussion & deals

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Looking to move wireless service providers. AT&T is just not cutting it.

So, who you use? Know of any :dill: s out there?

Wife lives iPhone 8 life, i have a paid off one plus 2 that is on its last dying breath. we owe 250 on the iphone 8.

I want an unlimited plan.

I NEED wifi calling.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 pm Looking to move wireless service providers. AT&T is just not cutting it.

So, who you use? Know of any :dill: s out there?

Wife lives iPhone 8 life, i have a paid off one plus 2 that is on its last dying breath. we owe 250 on the iphone 8.

I want an unlimited plan.

I NEED wifi calling.
I’m on AT&T and also thinking about ditching them and trying to cut my bill down. Buddy really like google fi
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm still on the grand ole Samsung S5. I just can't justify spending even $400 on a new phone. Spending the outrageous default of $800+ on a new S9 or S10 or whatever the fuck's out now is just out of the question. I'm just paw paw like dat. I switched to Verizon a few years ago to cut my bill down. Pretty happy with their service, but I mainly need data and not really cell coverage.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've been on Google Fi for 3 years now and really like it. Got my wife, dad, and myself on the "plan". Wife and I have new Pixel 3a's after our Moto X4's just didn't want to work anymore. LOVE the Pixel 3a. Takes :mindblown: good photos, snappy, great hardware, solid battery life.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:17 pm I've been on Google Fi for 3 years now and really like it. Got my wife, dad, and myself on the "plan". Wife and I have new Pixel 3a's after our Moto X4's just didn't want to work anymore. LOVE the Pixel 3a. Takes :mindblown: good photos, snappy, great hardware, solid battery life.
Fi is not true unlimited data and i don't want my bill creeping up. Also wife lives the iPhone lyfe and and don't think it will work on fi.

Sprint or t-mobile are looking to be the jam...
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:17 pm I've been on Google Fi for 3 years now and really like it. Got my wife, dad, and myself on the "plan". Wife and I have new Pixel 3a's after our Moto X4's just didn't want to work anymore. LOVE the Pixel 3a. Takes :mindblown: good photos, snappy, great hardware, solid battery life.
Fi is not true unlimited data and i don't want my bill creeping up. Also wife lives the iPhone lyfe and and don't think it will work on fi.

I don't think anyone has a truly unlimited plan for any reasonable amount of money.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

I don't think anyone has a truly unlimited plan for any reasonable amount of money.
Right. I'm not aware of anyone that's true unlimited.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:20 pm

iPhone works on Google Fi, but you don't get WiFi calling IIRC.

What do you NEED UNLIMITED data for? Stay on WiFi at work and home, and then what's data for?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

iPhone will work on Fi, and the data cost stops after 6gb each month, you just have throttled speeds after that.. $10/gb up to that 6gb “cap”
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:25 pm iPhone will work on Fi, and the data cost stops after 6gb each month, you just have throttled speeds after that.. $10/gb up to that 6gb “cap”
Yep.

I usually use 1-2gb of data per month, but like 30gb overall all on WiFi. routine <$40/mo phone bills, ~$70 for two is really addictive.
ChrisoftheNorth

ALSO, you can add free data-only sim cards for tablets or whatever. Just pay for the data you use with zero other fees.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:24 pm

What do you NEED UNLIMITED data for? Stay on WiFi at work and home, and then what's data for?
Pron
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Pron
If you need to pron without WiFi, you have larger issues to address.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:39 pm Pron
If you need to pron without WiFi, you have larger issues to address.
How else am I supposed to Netflix and chill in my RTT?
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:48 pm
Detroit wrote:If you need to pron without WiFi, you have larger issues to address.
How else am I supposed to Netflix and chill in my RTT?
Just bang it out, no need for virtual aids in the wilderness.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

sprint and tmoble dont say they throttle till 50gb

Im tired of being fucking throttled on ping times because we used all our high speed. I can deal with slow (since my use is mostly text and web images) but 20 second ping times are retarded.
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:25 pm iPhone will work on Fi, and the data cost stops after 6gb each month, you just have throttled speeds after that.. $10/gb up to that 6gb “cap”
and thats be 160 a month for two line plus tax IE more than AT&T's unlimited plan
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

sprint has a special right now buy one get one free iphone XR and 3 lines for 100 a month (same as 2lines) ...i might live the iphone life again :(

prob should just go talk to the guys in the store.

Paying off the 8 right meow doe. anyone want an iphone 8?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

fucking phones. I swore that I'd never do payment plans again too. but they are just too fucking expensive. Oh well a 800 doll ahir phone for half off is not a bad :dill:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 pm
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm I don't think anyone has a truly unlimited plan for any reasonable amount of money.

Im tired of being fucking throttled on ping times because we used all our high speed. I can deal with slow (since my use is mostly text and web images) but 20 second ping times are retarded.
and thats be 160 a month for two line plus tax IE more than AT&T's unlimited plan
The data is free after 12 GB, $120. It's $15 for the first line/mo then $10 for the second. The most you will EVER pay for Fi for 2 lines is $145.

I'd be :mindblown: if you both routinely use more than 12gb combined if you're just using text and images. You won't be throttled until you hit that 12gb. Anything you use under that isn't charged for.
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:fucking phones. I swore that I'd never do payment plans again too. but they are just too fucking expensive. Oh well a 800 doll ahir phone for half off is not a bad :dill:
Buy used. Mine was $150.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:59 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 pm

The data is free after 12 GB, $120. It's $15 for the first line/mo then $10 for the second. The most you will EVER pay for Fi for 2 lines is $145.

I'd be :mindblown: if you both routinely use more than 12gb combined if you're just using text and images. You won't be throttled until you hit that 12gb. Anything you use under that isn't charged for.
ah i see. 145 then, but I'd still need a new phone. for about the same price the wife and i can rock three lines, roll with brand new iphone xr's, and recoup some of the 260 fucking dollars i just spent to pay off her phone by selling it.

My fucking dad is never going to let me live this down with the iphone thing.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Google offered me 0% financing on the phones. The money in my Ally savings account is making 2.2% right night now, turning down 0% to pay cash would be losing me money.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:fucking phones. I swore that I'd never do payment plans again too. but they are just too fucking expensive. Oh well a 800 doll ahir phone for half off is not a bad :dill:
Buy used. Mine was $150.
:sass:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:59 pm

ah i see. 145 then, but I'd still need a new phone. for about the same price the wife and i can rock three lines, roll with brand new iphone xr's, and recoup some of the 260 fucking dollars i just spent to pay off her phone by selling it.

My fucking dad is never going to let me live this down with the iphone thing.
What do you need 3 lines for?

$100/mo for real unlimited and all that really is :notbad:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:05 pm Google offered me 0% financing on the phones. The money in my Ally savings account is making 2.2% right night now, turning down 0% to pay cash would be losing me money.
yea, spring has better deals on the phones themselves right now, even the pixels
brain go brrrrrr