Ask any racer, any real racer...

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Confirmed at Barber next Saturday and Sunday. The 400 won’t be ready, so I’ll be running the Aprilia both days. Weather is looking iffy in the :moist: department.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:09 am Confirmed at Barber next Saturday and Sunday. The 400 won’t be ready, so I’ll be running the Aprilia both days. Weather is looking iffy in the :moist: department.
:nice:

I'm skipping the mini moto day this month even though the weather is perfect :disgust: ..... i have not been on a ride for more than 20 minutes on the big bike for over a month because work has been nuts and stealing all my free time, so in leiu of mini track day I will go ride big bike.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 am
4zilch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:09 am Confirmed at Barber next Saturday and Sunday. The 400 won’t be ready, so I’ll be running the Aprilia both days. Weather is looking iffy in the :moist: department.

I'm skipping the mini moto day this month even though the weather is perfect :disgust: ..... i have not been on a ride for more than 20 minutes on the big bike for over a month because work has been nuts and stealing all my free time, so in leiu of mini track day I will go ride big bike.
SAD!
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

If you're bored and wanna see some shit piles racing at Nola, come by on the 30th. I think :melon: might try to stop by to check it out.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:12 am Can't do any track days in the :meata: until I get a roll bar in it. Sad!
What exactly are their rules? Because I was considering doing track stuff with the NA but only have a hard top, which I'm sure doesn't pass.
If I do the full blown Exocet, I plan on getting the 4 point roll bar one so I can be covered for any kind of track duty and autocross.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:31 am

What exactly are their rules? Because I was considering doing track stuff with the NA but only have a hard top, which I'm sure doesn't pass.
If I do the full blown Exocet, I plan on getting the 4 point roll bar one so I can be covered for any kind of track duty and autocross.
NJ rules are quite strict.
§ 13:62-3.13 Rollover bars
(a) Rollover protection is required for all open cockpit or
convertible vehicles.
(b) Factory provided rollover protection (production vehicles) may be used for promotional and touring events, time
trials, drivers schools, and lapping days providing that the
height of any vehicle occupant (with helmet) is not higher
than the highest point of the factory rollover protection
structure.
(c) Convertibles and open vehicles (except motorcycles)
in races and race practices shall have a roll bar that is a minimum of one inch above the head of any vehicle driver or
instructor.
With a helmet, I'm above the factory roll hoop.

Additionally, I can't replace OE seats without going to a 5-point harness, either. So if I want to keep the factory seats, I need a roll bar.
OE seat modification won't get you low enough?
Acid666

Apex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:46 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 am

NJ rules are quite strict.

With a helmet, I'm above the factory roll hoop.

Additionally, I can't replace OE seats without going to a 5-point harness, either. So if I want to keep the factory seats, I need a roll bar.
Yeah I was gonna maybe suggest this but not sure how feasible it is on your car. I think the foamectamy only gets you about 1/2" lower on the NA. I was planning on doing it so I can run with the hardtop and not have to keep removing it for autocross.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:13 am

Probably not - the height-adjustable seats in the NC put you pretty high off the floor.

Modding the OE seat with the GordyM mod will drop my ass about 40mm lower, which will also help with comfort as well. But I don't think it's gonna be enough to get my dome down.

I also need a new helmet this year, fuck. :facepalm:
Dang...
I need to track day again, I miss it.
Acid666

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:13 am

Probably not - the height-adjustable seats in the NC put you pretty high off the floor.

Modding the OE seat with the GordyM mod will drop my ass about 40mm lower, which will also help with comfort as well. But I don't think it's gonna be enough to get my dome down.

I also need a new helmet this year, fuck. :facepalm:
I got a new helmet last year and I really don't like it. I'm waiting till the next snell 2020 rating comes out till I buy mine. Then again, if I get a 2015 it prolly won't matter since I'll likely replace it within 5 year anyways
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:44 am

If you're bored and wanna see some shit piles racing at Nola, come by on the 30th. I think :melon: might try to stop by to check it out.
yes, i might. I used to race lemons so.....
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:23 am

SAD!
:notwrong:

but, i'm making time to go get out on the bike.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Spent the weekend track day bro’ing at Barber Motorsports Park.

Great track, if not a bit difficult for me to learn + trying to learn on a new bike. Lots of leaned over acceleration + elevation change = lots of fun wheel spin. Challenging elevation changes, blind corner entry and exits. Staff and facility are 5/7. They run a top notch facility. Clean, professional and responsive. I’ll definitely be back, and I encourage anyone to make a plan to visit the track.

Sadly, on the second day, as I was starting to get comfortable a rock punctured the radiator on the Aprilia. Fix is TBD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Acid666

4zilch wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:54 am Spent the weekend track day bro’ing at Barber Motorsports Park.

Great track, if not a bit difficult for me to learn + trying to learn on a new bike. Lots of leaned over acceleration + elevation change = lots of fun wheel spin. Challenging elevation changes, blind corner entry and exits. Staff and facility are 5/7. They run a top notch facility. Clean, professional and responsive. I’ll definitely be back, and I encourage anyone to make a plan to visit the track.

Sadly, on the second day, as I was starting to get comfortable a rock punctured the radiator on the Aprilia. Fix is TBD

How far is Barber from you? My buddy and I are likely about to jump on a project car for Lemons and the 3 Gulf regions around us are Houston, Nola, and Barber. Barber is a little out of our way but Lemons comes once a year to each of these places, so if we want to hit up 3 a year instead of 2 a year we may consider making it up there.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:56 am
4zilch wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:54 am Spent the weekend track day bro’ing at Barber Motorsports Park.

How far is Barber from you? My buddy and I are likely about to jump on a project car for Lemons and the 3 Gulf regions around us are Houston, Nola, and Barber. Barber is a little out of our way but Lemons comes once a year to each of these places, so if we want to hit up 3 a year instead of 2 a year we may consider making it up there.
6 hrs - assuming I can get through Nashville cleanly. Construction + Nashville + Spring break morons added almost 2 hours to my trip on the way down. I blame most of it on the latter.
Acid666

4zilch wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:10 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:56 am

6 hrs - assuming I can get through Nashville cleanly. Construction + Nashville + Spring break morons added almost 2 hours to my trip on the way down. I blame most of it on the latter.

I've heard of a lot of local guys that have gone to Barber. They apparently like it enough to go back a few times. I need to check out some on board videos of the track to see how it looks. I've only eyeballed it. For me it looks like it's between 7 and 8 hours, which is pretty far. Houston is 4, which is reasonable. Austin is 6, which is doable but you definitely want to have an extended stay if you're driving that far. For a lot of people around here, I can go to Houston and back in the same day. It's long but it's not horrible.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:10 pm

I've heard of a lot of local guys that have gone to Barber. They apparently like it enough to go back a few times. I need to check out some on board videos of the track to see how it looks. I've only eyeballed it. For me it looks like it's between 7 and 8 hours, which is pretty far. Houston is 4, which is reasonable. Austin is 6, which is doable but you definitely want to have an extended stay if you're driving that far. For a lot of people around here, I can go to Houston and back in the same day. It's long but it's not horrible.
This is a pretty decent video
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

local photog guy was out at track, I will prob buy a pic or 2.

any favorites?

I like this one

&this one
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

First looks good.
Ready for the heat to only get hotter?!?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:04 pm First looks good.
Ready for the heat to only get hotter?!?
ha, the group i ride with the most takes the summer off :D
brain go brrrrrr
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: motorcycle

Great fun forever.......
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

jackfrank wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:21 am Great fun forever.......
Another motorcyclist? Is this :fakenews: or :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Brad I like the last one and the one where you’re schooling the sport bikes.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

New, fresh :meat: ??

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

4zilch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 am
:dat:
:notsure:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
jackfrank
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: motorcycle

4zilch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 am
:lolgasm: :rage: