OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:30 pm
:dat: is the problem.

I know there are other opportunities, I should get serious about considering them.
i've told you there is space on the other trip if you want to come. we have a new super secret place with 3 houses "next" to each other....so everyone should get a bed
Yea, I recall the offer. I'll need to consider more.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:35 pm
Irish wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:28 pm
I saved up paper route money for what felt like a year to buy my first Atari 2600.

Allow me to :wap: splain to the :millennial:

Back in the day there were these things called newspapers that were delivered door to door by prepubescent :derp: like me. I prob made like $10-$15 a week. I remember being so pissed because I paid $149 (in late 70s money) and within a year they were selling for half that...a year later a third. I disremember what came out that caused the price dip, probably ColecoVision or Sega Genesis.

Later, I had all the Nintendo systems as they came out. N64 was the big game changer. It was :mindblown: to play in 3D after starting with single screen on the Atari and then everything else having been side scrollers. I was really into the Madden series and Zelda.

I didn't buy anything else until my kids were old enough to play, but then we got the Playstations as they came out and eventually the XBoxes. I dabbled in all of them. Played the campaigns on most of the Call of Duty iterations. My favorite was World At War. I played only very sporadically for quite a few years. But every once in a while something would grab me, and I'd play it all the way through. WItcher3, Fallout 4, Dark Souls. The last thing I played was Zelda: Breath of the Wild, 200 hours worth. Now I am dormant again.

TL/DR I may be :wap: but I love video games and I was there at the beginning......

/CSB
True only if you had a "Pong" game.
I made a pong game for one of my programming classes. It had a built in cheat that if you held your key down it wouldn't let your opponent move their paddle so you would score. :lol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:37 pm
I made a pong game for one of my programming classes. It had a built in cheat that if you held your key down it wouldn't let your opponent move their paddle so you would score. :lol:
:lolol: :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

Almost time to :gtfo: today. :fuckyeah:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Irish wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:28 pm
I saved up paper route money for what felt like a year to buy my first Atari 2600.

Allow me to :wap: splain to the :millennial:

Back in the day there were these things called newspapers that were delivered door to door by prepubescent :derp: like me. I prob made like $10-$15 a week. I remember being so pissed because I paid $149 (in late 70s money) and within a year they were selling for half that...a year later a third. I disremember what came out that caused the price dip, probably ColecoVision or Sega Genesis.

Later, I had all the Nintendo systems as they came out. N64 was the big game changer. It was :mindblown: to play in 3D after starting with single screen on the Atari and then everything else having been side scrollers. I was really into the Madden series and Zelda.

I didn't buy anything else until my kids were old enough to play, but then we got the Playstations as they came out and eventually the XBoxes. I dabbled in all of them. Played the campaigns on most of the Call of Duty iterations. My favorite was World At War. I played only very sporadically for quite a few years. But every once in a while something would grab me, and I'd play it all the way through. WItcher3, Fallout 4, Dark Souls. The last thing I played was Zelda: Breath of the Wild, 200 hours worth. Now I am dormant again.

TL/DR I may be :wap: but I love video games and I was there at the beginning......

/CSB
I didn't but my Uncle did.... :sass:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:50 pm
I didn't but my Uncle did.... :sass:
:like: :P :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:35 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm

He has turned out to be a solid actor, but "Jim" is going to be a tough role to distance himself from professionally. He's done some cool stuff that is different than "Jim" like the Amazon show that I can't think of the name off the top of my head, Jack Ryan!
I couldn't get into Jack Ryan. I watched the first 3 or so episodes and just found it to be a ton of meh.

The movie...A Quiet Place was very different, and he did well IMO.

Still, being typecast is an issue for any actor who's been in a well-loved long-running role. I stopped watching the office when Steve Carrell left, and I still immediately think of Jim when I see Krasinski.
I think Krasinski is an actor/director to be watched...... He is much more than "Jim" and he nailed that shit out of that role...... Really good actors can beat their typcasting or avoid it altogether..... John Goodman comes to mind...... he was great at being Dan on Roseanne for 10 Seasons....yet he was even better in The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou, Argo, 10 Cloverfield Lane
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:35 pm
I couldn't get into Jack Ryan. I watched the first 3 or so episodes and just found it to be a ton of meh.

The movie...A Quiet Place was very different, and he did well IMO.

Still, being typecast is an issue for any actor who's been in a well-loved long-running role. I stopped watching the office when Steve Carrell left, and I still immediately think of Jim when I see Krasinski.
I think Krasinski is an actor/director to be watched...... He is much more than "Jim" and he nailed that shit out of that role...... Really good actors can beat their typcasting or avoid it altogether..... John Goodman comes to mind...... he was great at being Dan on Roseanne for 10 Seasons....yet he was even better in The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou, Argo, 10 Cloverfield Lane
Yea, but look how long and how many different roles it took for Goodman to break out from Dan. Talented actors certainly will, but when on a long running popular show like Rosanne or The Office, it takes time and range to change perceptions.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Just realized that we have a 3 day weekend this weekend.

:fuckyeah:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:49 am Just realized that we have a 3 day weekend this weekend.

Apex

I am sitting at the diller waiting on my oil change.
:doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 am I am sitting at the diller waiting on my oil change.
Go check out some ZR2s...maybe they even have a Bison?
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:51 am I am sitting at the diller waiting on my oil change.
They have a black Bison on the lot, a Crush Dusk edition, and a couple regular ZR2s...
Actually a white ZR2 caught my eye.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:49 am Just realized that we have a 3 day weekend this weekend.

vacation next week

only using 32 hours for hte week instead of 40

:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :alpo: :fuckyeah:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:04 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am
They have a black Bison on the lot, a Crush Dusk edition, and a couple regular ZR2s...
I love the Crush dusk editions...they look :jimp:

If I set things in motion right, there should be a brief run of orange Bisons hitting lots in the next few months (if not already).
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 am

vacation next week

Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 am
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:04 am

If I set things in motion right, there should be a brief run of orange Bisons hitting lots in the next few months (if not already).
Crush dusk looks :jimp:
I’d pay for the wheels on Crush, but don’t really want the light bar stuff, I’d rather save a few grand there.

Orange Bisons? Those will sellout in a heartbeat.
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 am

vacation next week

ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:09 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 am

I’d pay for the wheels on Crush, but don’t really want the light bar stuff, I’d rather save a few grand there.

A Crush ZR2 with black wheels is all you need then. There should be new accessory black ZR2 wheels out now that look outstanding...way better than the dusk wheels.

I pushed so hard for Orange Bisons. My second to last week there I sneaked it into some color changes that were being processed. If it wasn't caught, they'll be producing Orange Bisons. I actually did it with the intent of buying one, but now I'll just have to hope to see them rolling around as I blast buy them in an Orange Gladiator.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:13 am
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:09 am

A Crush ZR2 with black wheels is all you need then. There should be new accessory black ZR2 wheels out now that look outstanding...way better than the dusk wheels.

I pushed so hard for Orange Bisons. My second to last week there I sneaked it into some color changes that were being processed. If it wasn't caught, they'll be producing Orange Bisons. I actually did it with the intent of buying one, but now I'll just have to hope to see them rolling around as I blast buy them in an Orange Gladiator.
The Crush ZR2 on the lot here also has the performance exhaust on it. Crush ZR2 with black wheels would be :tits: IMO

I’ll have to check out the accessory wheels.

Black Bison has the snorkel kit which they are trying to charge $2400 for. :disappoint:
I will also not be buying another black truck.
Apex

Also good move on the color change request! Those will not be sitting on diller lots very long IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:13 am

The Crush ZR2 on the lot here also has the performance exhaust on it. Crush ZR2 with black wheels would be :tits: IMO

Black Bison has the snorkel kit which they are trying to charge $2400 for. :disappoint:
The performance exhaust is such a heaping pile of meh IMO. It's really not much louder than stock (which is surprisingly loud IMO), and for the price it doesn't really do much.

The black accy wheels are incredible.

I have no idea why people buy black trucks. It shows scratches almost instantly, and never EVER looks clean. Even Blurple is too dark IMO.

My next off-roader will be a bright/light color. Currently torn between Sting Gray, Punk'n, and Bikini (if I end up with a JL).
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:22 am
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 am

The performance exhaust is such a heaping pile of meh IMO. It's really not much louder than stock (which is surprisingly loud IMO), and for the price it doesn't really do much.

I have no idea why people buy black trucks. It shows scratches almost instantly, and never EVER looks clean. Even Blurple is too dark IMO.

My next off-roader will be a bright/light color. Currently torn between Sting Gray, Punk'n, and Bikini (if I end up with a JL).
I see no reason to change out the exhaust at all on these trucks; just a money grab IMO.

Bikini is a fucking cool color! I really like it, but I’d be looking at Mojito if I was getting a JL/T personally.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am Also good move on the color change request! Those will not be sitting on diller lots very long IMO.
That's what I was arguing at the time. Crush trucks were turning way faster than other colors, and out of concern that Bisons might sit longer, I wanted to give them a chance to move. There was a moratorium on all cost expenditures...which resulted in Crush staying around for 2020 (was going to go away for some other color, but the cost to change over the paint line at the plant was over $100k). As they wrote the order to continue crush, I "accidentally" added Bison to the list of models that can be painted crush. Technically, there's two new parts (the fascia parts under the headlights) that are unique to Bison and will require some engineering work to complete...so it might have gotten axed. We'll see...

I can't imagine Bisons are sitting long on lots. Production volume is small, and when compared to a Gladiator Rubicon, it's a steal. If I had no brand affiliation, I'd probably buy a Bison.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:24 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:22 am

I see no reason to change out the exhaust at all on these trucks; just a money grab IMO.

Bikini is a fucking cool color! I really like it, but I’d be looking at Mojito if I was getting a JL/T personally.
Bikini is rad as hell. I love the 90's throwback teal look, and with the red accents on a Rubicon, it's awesome. Super compelling, and unfortunately not an option on JT.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do come September.