So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

KYGTIGuy wrote:Any reliable secondary markets for knives?
:waxer: will give you his Benchmade stuff if you prove that you will fucking DIE before supporting any kind of arms restrictions in this country. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, motherfuckers.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:Any reliable secondary markets for knives?
:waxer: will give you his Benchmade stuff if you prove that you will fucking DIE before supporting any kind of arms restrictions in this country. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, motherfuckers.
:notbad:

:waxer: let me know if you want anything for shipping and I’ll PM you my address. :lol:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

inb4 dfd goes full urban tac mode
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

rockchops wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 pm inb4 dfd goes full urban tac mode
Cargo pants and combat boots. Standard DFD uniform. Helps when you’re working in the :salt: mines.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:08 pm
rockchops wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 pm inb4 dfd goes full urban tac mode
Cargo pants and combat boots. Standard DFD uniform. Helps when you’re working in the :salt: mines.
:dat:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

DFD been salty lately?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 pm DFD been salty lately?
Just the usual suspects.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Bought a plug kit for the motorbike, a 13 dollar LED flood light since the ones for my sconces are somewhat special, and a stick on sunshade for the car for the :baby:

Also :waxer: ed on two blipshift tees, a used but good :dill: engine guard for the motorbike.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Forgive me waxer for I have sinned

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Fuckin' imgur
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:22 pmFuckin' imgur
:popcorn: assuming it’s a Benchmade..
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:24 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:22 pmFuckin' imgur
:popcorn: assuming it’s a Benchmade..

Yeah. I discovered I like Spydercos better right now but I really wanted a Benchmade 940 in the green aluminum scales so I bought it.

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Observation on these knives. The Spyderco delica came much sharper than Benchmade 940
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

This Benchmade honestly feels kinda sloppy. Ive handled Benchmades for a total of 3 minutes prior to owning this one but I don't know.

I can literally move my hand in a downward motion then jerk it(lol) back up and the blade will fully open. Doesn't seem right.

Spyderco on the other hand seems a little too stiff

The 25 dollar RAT feels just as good honestly. Just not as sharp
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm This Benchmade honestly feels kinda sloppy. Ive handled Benchmades for a total of 3 minutes prior to owning this one but I don't know.

I can literally move my hand in a downward motion then jerk it(lol) back up and the blade will fully open. Doesn't seem right.

Non-Assisted Benchmades should open that way with the axis lock, if you are holding the lock "open". If it is sloppy feeling when it is deployed and locked, that's another issue.

I have 5 of the 940 variants and they are all great, but I bought them before the company decided that their reputation wasn't worth a flying fuck.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:56 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm This Benchmade honestly feels kinda sloppy. Ive handled Benchmades for a total of 3 minutes prior to owning this one but I don't know.

Non-Assisted Benchmades should open that way with the axis lock, if you are holding the lock "open". If it is sloppy feeling when it is deployed and locked, that's another issue.

I have 5 of the 940 variants and they are all great, but I bought them before the company decided that their reputation wasn't worth a flying fuck.
It feels tight when deployed and locked, so that's good. I fell in love with the 940 before the hubbub with the guns so I had to buy it. I'm still not opposed to them but I like the Spyderco better I have to say.

Where(if anywhere) do you list knives you want to get rid of?

Looking to buy a machinist tool box to store them at the moment. How do you store yours?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:14 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:56 pm

It feels tight when deployed and locked, so that's good. I fell in love with the 940 before the hubbub with the guns so I had to buy it. I'm still not opposed to them but I like the Spyderco better I have to say.

Looking to buy a machinist tool box to store them at the moment. How do you store yours?
I generally never sell too much of anything, unless there is a solid cash return. I just sold my Nikon D850 and 24-70 VR lens, but only because I was able to recover $4,000 for them and I rarely used them anymore since I moved to the Nikon Z7 and got the 24-70 f/2.8 Z lens. Knives don't return much cash so I just hold them. I've sold two guns in my life and regretted one of them. The other was a POS Sig P239 that I shouldn't have bought in the first place.

I have given away a couple knives but haven't bothered to sell any (yet).
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:39 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:14 pm

I generally never sell too much of anything, unless there is a solid cash return. I just sold my Nikon D850 and 24-70 VR lens, but only because I was able to recover $4,000 for them and I rarely used them anymore since I moved to the Nikon Z7 and got the 24-70 f/2.8 Z lens. Knives don't return much cash so I just hold them. I've sold two guns in my life and regretted one of them. The other was a POS Sig P239 that I shouldn't have bought in the first place.

If you know, Where is a good secondary market for knives? Preferably excluding eBay
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm

If you know, Where is a good secondary market for knives? Preferably excluding eBay
There used to be some good activity on https://www.bladeforums.com/ but I haven't really been over there in a few (8?) years.
Apex

DFD probably won’t be a bad secondary knife market... :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 pm

I'll cut you
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:37 am
Apex wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 pm

I'll cut you
:iswydt: :lolol:
SAWCE

Bought a boar hair brush for my beard. Barber that trimmed it up for me last time was using one on it while I was in there, and I really liked how it straightened it out a bit, so hopefully I’ll look a little more well kept. Will post pics of how it does once I get it tomorrow.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Bought a new nozzle for my garden hose. 9 motherfucking settings brah. :troywax:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:52 pm Bought a boar hair brush for my beard. Barber that trimmed it up for me last time was using one on it while I was in there, and I really liked how it straightened it out a bit, so hopefully I’ll look a little more well kept. Will post pics of how it does once I get it tomorrow.
What's boar hair do that a normal brush doesn't? Sounds cool.