Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm
Melon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:58 am My shifter is terrible, gears move all over the place, I think I broke something, when I reinstalled the trans, the level got pinched between the trans and the body, I had to pry it free/
The level?
Lever, rod, linkage
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

TMOD Might be the way to go for me.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm
The level?
:jalepenis: , :dong: , :dock:
:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 pm TMOD Might be the way to go for me.
Dude seems to have his stuff together.

Still not sure what you broke, but if it's internal to the trans, that would be beyond TMOD
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm
Melon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 pm TMOD Might be the way to go for me.

Still not sure what you broke, but if it's internal to the trans, that would be beyond TMOD
Right, but I figure that would have shown itself by now, I've put about 5k miles on the car.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Right, but I figure that would have shown itself by now, I've put about 5k miles on the car.
Hard to say..if gears are moving around, it might still be functioning but broken.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Melon wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:58 am My shifter is terrible, gears move all over the place, I think I broke something, when I reinstalled the trans, the level got pinched between the trans and the body, I had to pry it free/
Do you want your C6 shifter back? I've still got it here at the house since I put the short throw back in it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Do you want your C6 shifter back? I've still got it here at the house since I put the short throw back in it.
Yeah, I'll try it again.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Got the AC condenser replaced today. Shop was 5/7, charged me $280 when :dillerman: quoted $750 for labor. The part was about $160 from GM/AC Delco. I swear AC was blowing colder and temps def stayed lower driving home.

They also brought me out to show me how filthy the radiator was and cleaned it out, so I’ll see how this holds up before :wasteful: on the $700 radiator.

Only thing left to do is replace the oil pressure sensor again and it’ll be as prepped for the Dragon as it’s going to get. May give it a quick detail Sunday.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My radiator was surprisingly clean given I've driven it every day for almost two months.

Also which airboater made this

Too bad my phone doesn't fit into the ring, but I can either remove it or get one of those cup holder phone mounts now.
Acid666

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm My radiator was surprisingly clean given I've driven it every day for almost two months.

Too bad my phone doesn't fit into the ring, but I can either remove it or get one of those cup holder phone mounts now.
That's Dalton. He's fresh to Baton Rouge. Moved for work. I think he's with Eaton.
He gave :melon: and I his business card and said he's the guy that makes the corvette clips. This was at an Autocross.
My wife said he made his first 2 runs in first gear and said I should go talk to him to see if he needs some guidance. Went talk to him, asked if he was in first... He told me (keep in mind, he's got a 6 speed manual) "Yeah, I've got 3.15 gears in it".
I asked how the hell, he said "All the manuals came with 3.15s stock, and the 3.42 was an option that you had to pay for"

So yeah. Do with that what you will.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm My radiator was surprisingly clean given I've driven it every day for almost two months.

:notbad: How much did that set you back? Kinda nice actually.

I've been getting work done on the :poorvette:

I pulled the intake manifold off (can do it in 30 minutes now, nearing airboat status) last night and removed the OPS. It appears fine, but I took it back to the Chevy :dillerman: and they warrantied it. I will put in the new one tonight when I get home.

I also put on the new coolant expansion tank the other day, seems it is no longer leaking and the cooling system is working well.

Feeling good about all of the TN prep, it's nice to have some of the laundry list of maintenance needs done.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 pm

:notbad: How much did that set you back? Kinda nice actually.

I've been getting work done on the :poorvette:

I pulled the intake manifold off (can do it in 30 minutes now, nearing airboat status) last night and removed the OPS. It appears fine, but I took it back to the Chevy :dillerman: and they warrantied it. I will put in the new one tonight when I get home.

I also put on the new coolant expansion tank the other day, seems it is no longer leaking and the cooling system is working well.

Feeling good about all of the TN prep, it's nice to have some of the laundry list of maintenance needs done.
$23 for the one that says CORVETTE or $20 for the normal one I think. Use code SHIPONUS for free shipping
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

That's Dalton. He's fresh to Baton Rouge. Moved for work. I think he's with Eaton.
He gave :melon: and I his business card and said he's the guy that makes the corvette clips. This was at an Autocross.
My wife said he made his first 2 runs in first gear and said I should go talk to him to see if he needs some guidance. Went talk to him, asked if he was in first... He told me (keep in mind, he's got a 6 speed manual) "Yeah, I've got 3.15 gears in it".
I asked how the hell, he said "All the manuals came with 3.15s stock, and the 3.42 was an option that you had to pay for"

:rolleyes:
Acid666

Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:13 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Yeah. He was a new guy, and I was like.... Uhhhhh yeah... No.
He reiterated it, and I was like ok guy. Didn't wanna get into an argument with a new guy at Autocross and put a bad taste in his mouth so I just let it be.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:13 am
He reiterated it, and I was like ok guy. Didn't wanna get into an argument with a new guy at Autocross and put a bad taste in his mouth so I just let it be.
good job #ambasador
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am
Acid666 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 am

good job #ambasador
Yea, often times it's best to just let people go when they're adamant about misinformation. Being a jerk and pushing someone away doesn't really do any good.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am

good job #ambasador
Yea, often times it's best to just let people go when they're adamant about misinformation. Being a jerk and pushing someone away doesn't really do any good.
:notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 am Yea, often times it's best to just let people go when they're adamant about misinformation. Being a jerk and pushing someone away doesn't really do any good.
:wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
:wrong:
:lolol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Maybe that guy had a 4.8 crank and 7500rpm to play with
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This works well.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:26 pm This works well.

:notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Ok gents...a bit stumped on a new one here. This'll be some ADVANCED level C5 discussion...

Been driving my car more lately. Enjoying it a lot. Since doing my heads/cam, I've had noticeable valve train noise. "Sewing machine", "typewriter" are common descriptors. VERY common on these, tuners said it was normal, I just :aintcare: nature of the beast, whatever. It's mostly noticeable with the windows down, next to walls or other cars...but it can be detected inside with the windows up. Again, whatever.

So it got warm and humid overnight, and I decided to drive the car today. Flick the A/C on and as I'm driving notice how quiet the valve train is. Roll the window down, and indeed I swear it's quieter. I haven't driven much with the A/C on, this is the first time I drove a long period with it on.

I start racking my brain trying to figure out how the hell the two could be related, and I'm coming up with nothing. Is the extra load on the engine doing something? Is the noise not valvetrain and maybe something else?

Any thoughts from the best Corvette forum on the net?