OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:39 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:26 pm Whelp fellers, surgery scheduled for June 10. If you don't hear from me by late the following week, start to worry. :like:
That's mAh birfday :wap:

Surgeries have come a long way since your hayday during the Renaissance.
I'll wish you happy birthday now since I'll be a little busy that day.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:46 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:26 pm Whelp fellers, surgery scheduled for June 10. If you don't hear from me by late the following week, start to worry. :like:
I’d wish you luck, but you don’t need it. You got this mang.
Thanks, dude.

I have several tests to do first, another blood test, a carotid artery ultrasound, a nasal swab to check for MRSA, and the big next Friday, an angiogram. I don't think I'll ever get used to needles. :disgust: :gag: :(
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks, dude.

I have several tests to do first, another blood test, a carotid artery ultrasound, a nasal swab to check for MRSA, and the big next Friday, an angiogram. I don't think I'll ever get used to needles. :disgust: :gag: :(
Start using steroids, shooting yourself every other day gets you used to them real quick :lol:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:16 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks, dude.

Start using steroids, shooting yourself every other day gets you used to them real quick :lol:
:lol: :hellno:
SAWCE

Grabbing a California breakfast burrito for dinner. I need some extra calories after that workout. Using this as my cheat meal this week.

New girl working at the taco stand I go to is smoking hot.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 pm Grabbing a California breakfast burrito for dinner. I need some extra calories after that workout. Using this as my cheat meal this week.

In4pics

Of the burrito.

:fatty:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:37 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 pm Grabbing a California breakfast burrito for dinner. I need some extra calories after that workout. Using this as my cheat meal this week.

In4pics

Of the burrito.

:iswydt:

Man that thing got inhaled so fast. Took a few hits from my vape, devoured that, and passed out like 15 minutes later. Got some solid sleep too. I needed it.
ChrisoftheNorth

:dat: for sure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:42 am
In4pics

Of the burrito.

Man that thing got inhaled so fast. Took a few hits from my vape, devoured that, and passed out like 15 minutes later. Got some solid sleep too. I needed it.
Good sleep is good.

I miss California burritos (and burritos from California) so much.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:42 am

Good sleep is good.

There’s really nothing else like them.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:11 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 am
Good sleep is good.

There’s really nothing else like them.
Big time...especially in the Midwest.

There's a large Mexican population in SW Detroit that has some great restaurants...but their burrito game isn't the same. Food is incredible, but burritos seem to be perfected in CA, must not be "authentic" Mexican.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

you will be fine dude, hope you have a speedy recovery!
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Detroit wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:11 am There’s really nothing else like them.
Big time...especially in the Midwest.

There's a large Mexican population in SW Detroit that has some great restaurants...but their burrito game isn't the same. Food is incredible, but burritos seem to be perfected in CA, must not be "authentic" Mexican.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am
Detroit wrote: Big time...especially in the Midwest.

Actually, I'm wondering if CA burritos are. The restaurants in Detroit are staffed with people that can't speak English, which is super rare up here. I'd be shocked if they changed how they made their food for the area, but I guess it's possible.

OR maybe I get special gringo food?

:notsure:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am

Actually, I'm wondering if CA burritos are. The restaurants in Detroit are staffed with people that can't speak English, which is super rare up here. I'd be shocked if they changed how they made their food for the area, but I guess it's possible.

Ours are definitely white washed out here.. stuffing French fries into burritos definitely doesn’t happen in Mexico :lol:

But they taste fucking good, so :whocares:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

What's a California burrito, $25 and loaded with an avocado?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am

Ours are definitely white washed out here.. stuffing French fries into burritos definitely doesn’t happen in Mexico :lol:

Oh, that's why California Burritos are named as such!

However, even normal "mexican" burritos are different. I prefer the CA ones.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am

Yeah even when I get a normal Carne Assad’s burrito out here it’s better than anything I’ve had anywhere else.

Closest thing to it was my first time up in Portland. Hit a food truck on the way back to the hotel from the bars.. but :notsure: if it was actually good or if I was just overly :drunk:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am What's a California burrito, $25 and loaded with an avocado?
No, it's meat, french fries, and cheese. Sometimes they'll add avacado or rice or some other veggies. "Breakfast" ones usually include eggs and peppers.

The best ones are at taco stands or food trucks and USED (6 years ago) to be well under $10. Usually $5-7.

I doubt they're much over $10 now.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 am

Yeah even when I get a normal Carne Assad’s burrito out here it’s better than anything I’ve had anywhere else.

Closest thing to it was my first time up in Portland. Hit a food truck on the way back to the hotel from the bars.. but :notsure: if it was actually good or if I was just overly :drunk:
:lolol:

All burritos are :mindblown: when :drunk:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 am

IIRC it was the first time I had chorizo in a burrito too. So many good things happening there.

Also, that night we lost our buddy and he stumbled into the hotel room about 6am with a story about how he met a girl and they went on a fucking romantic horse-drawn carriage ride around downtown Portland :dafuq: he was so smitten that next day :lol:
SAWCE

Cross posting from punk music thread for everyone to enjoy this gem.

ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am

IIRC it was the first time I had chorizo in a burrito too. So many good things happening there.

Also, that night we lost our buddy and he stumbled into the hotel room about 6am with a story about how he met a girl and they went on a fucking romantic horse-drawn carriage ride around downtown Portland :dafuq: he was so smitten that next day :lol:
:amazing: :lolol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

In4pics

Of the burrito.

:wrong:

ynotboth
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:18 am Cross posting from punk music thread for everyone to enjoy this gem.

one of these things is not like the other.

:wat: