DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Fuck yeah man, keep that train rolling.
SAWCE

Michelle was planning on lifting today, so I got to as well once I got home from Denver. Hamstrings. Decent workout considering the weekend I had and sitting on a plane for a few hours before going.

Coach cleared me to get back on the :sawce: :megusta:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:sawce: and all:

Thoughts on skipping a week of 5/3/1 within a cycle?

Im going on vacation week of may 25th-31. The way my training lines up now, that week would be cycle 5 week three. My thoughts are that if I can skip a week between now and then i can do cycle 5 week 3 and have a week of 'deload' on vacation; this would be my first deload.

I was thinking if i do this, the best week to skip would be week two (3x3) for either of my upcoming cycles. Feeling pretty good this week so I was thinking that next week would be the one to skip and jump to week three.

Thoughts?

Also, no, i don't think i could get away to a worth a shit gym in Pigeon Forge.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:27 am :sawce: and all:

Im going on vacation week of may 25th-31. The way my training lines up now, that week would be cycle 5 week three. My thoughts are that if I can skip a week between now and then i can do cycle 5 week 3 and have a week of 'deload' on vacation; this would be my first deload.

I was thinking if i do this, the best week to skip would be week two (3x3) for either of my upcoming cycles. Feeling pretty good this week so I was thinking that next week would be the one to skip and jump to week three.

Thoughts?

I’d stay on schedule and then just take that week off and start cycle 5 over again when you come back. 5 cycles is a long time with no deload, your body could definitely use it I’m sure, and going back and repeating those first two weeks in cycle 5 you should see noticeable improvements in your AMRAP sets.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:35 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:27 am :sawce: and all:

Thoughts?

I’d stay on schedule and then just take that week off and start cycle 5 over again when you come back. 5 cycles is a long time with no deload, your body could definitely use it I’m sure, and going back and repeating those first two weeks in cycle 5 you should see noticeable improvements in your AMRAP sets.
Word, thanks for the advice.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Two days in to using insulin. Definitely get some bigger pumps in the gym, but not noticing much outside of that. I picked up my first kit of growth hormone last night, so I’m starting that today. That also won’t have immediately noticeable effects, but 6-12 months from now I should I should look very different.

I’m looking forward to some of the side effects of it, like better sleep and fat burning. I should stay leaner even while bulking, and if I can sleep deeper without using marijuana that’ll be a win.
SAWCE

Not noticing anything outside of the pumps ended up turning into a 5.5lb weight gain last week :lol: Now, I know that 99% of that is water weight from the gear and creatine and extra stored glucose from the insulin shuttling more into my muscles, but after sitting at 208 for 9 weeks, it was nice to see a jump in the scale. Really excited to squat this week and see my numbers start to go back up there since that was the one lift that I regressed on during my 9 week clean-out phase.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

another week three, and PR on squats.

325 for 5 on squats.

Also a milestone because its more than 6 plates...even though I dont have 6 plates :lol:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 pm another week three, and PR on squats.

325 for 5 on squats.

Also a milestone because its more than 6 plates...even though I dont have 6 plates :lol:
day 2 of week 3, more PR's

Press, 125 matches my PR on weight which was a :lolol: struggle bus back when I did it for 1 rep. I got 6 this morning. :fuckyeah:

Deadlift, PR of 335 for 5. Had a 6th in my legs but grip was failing. Need to start doing alternating grip on my week three sets from now on.

So good things happened this week in the gym. :megusta:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:01 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 pm another week three, and PR on squats.

325 for 5 on squats.

day 2 of week 3, more PR's

Press, 125 matches my PR on weight which was a :lolol: struggle bus back when I did it for 1 rep. I got 6 this morning. :fuckyeah:

Deadlift, PR of 335 for 5. Had a 6th in my legs but grip was failing. Need to start doing alternating grip on my week three sets from now on.

So good things happened this week in the gym. :megusta:
:fuckyeah: :fax:
SAWCE

Nice :fax: !
SAWCE

Got some good vacation lifts.

Started the week off with chest. Didn’t do any crazy weight, but BIL and I pushed each other to failure each set and extended the last set of each exercise with dropsets and forced negatives.

Back on Tuesday was awesome. PRs on rack deadlifts. 455x7 and then 495x4.

Shoulders Wednesday was like chest on Monday. No crazy weights or PRs, but high reps and. Really pushing past where’d I’d normally stop if I was training solo.

Legs Thursday was a quick one since we had to get to our boat reservation somewhat early. Failed trying to hit 405 for a single on squats. Took a second run and it and failed again, but happy with myself for giving it that second attempt. High volume leg press after that. Did a dropset that literally left me crawling out of the machine when I finally racked it at the end.

Arms today was a good high volume day with some supersets thrown in.

Pretty happy about lifting every day and hitting it hard even though we were going right at 6 every morning. Had a few older locals who could tell we were new faces come up and tell us how cool it was to see people training hard while on vacation. One of the dudes in there was definitely a pro BBer from back in the day, but I couldn’t put a name to the face and he didn’t say anything to us and I didn’t want to interrupt his workout.
SAWCE

I had a few cheat meals last week on vacation, but I’d say 90% of my food was on my plan. Then Saturday hit and with the weather delays, I was stuck eating airport food, and then just said “fuck it” when I finally got home and had McDonalds for lunch and a California breakfast burrito for dinner. Woke up Sunday morning and weighed in at 222 :lolol: my weight the week before was 214.2. I know most of that is water weight from the shitty food the day before, but it was still funny to see. Curious to see where the scale winds up this coming Saturday after being home and on plan for a week. Hopefully 217-218.
SAWCE

Went with 455 for rack pulls last night. Didn’t do as well as I would have liked, but it wasn’t terrible either considering it was my first time using that weight for a full four sets. Got 6,4,5,6 for my reps. 21 total, gonna shoot for 25 total next week at a minimum.
SAWCE

Fucking brutal leg workout tonight. Met up with the dude I went up against in my class for the show to train.

We started with box squats so we could go heavier. Set the box to where we were hitting right at parallel.
135x12, 225x10, 315x6, 405x3, them failed trying to hit 415.
After box squats we stripped it down to 225 and took the box away. I don’t know how many sets we did, but it was at least 5 keeping the reps at 10-12, and only resting while the other person did their set.

Leg press after that, superset with walking lunges. 2 plates each side of the press, 20 reps. 10 steps each leg for the lunges. Three of those, then on the fourth set we added a third plate. Thought I was gonna puke.

4 sets of leg curls. 15ish reps each set, then the last one we dropped the weight 3 times to extend the set.

Finished with extensions. 3 sets. Kept the weight the same the whole time, each set was 20 reps, 5 second rest, 15 reps, 5 second reps, 12 reps, 5 second rest, 10 reps, 5 second rest, 8 reps, rest, 6 reps, rest, 4 reps, done. Holy fuck. I almost started crying during my second set.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Workout was rough this am. I think I'll need that week off in the next couple weeks after all. hit reps on deads and missed one on the press.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am Workout was rough this am. I think I'll need that week off in the next couple weeks after all. hit reps on deads and missed one on the press.
When was the last time you took a deload week?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am Workout was rough this am. I think I'll need that week off in the next couple weeks after all. hit reps on deads and missed one on the press.
Just started cycle 5 and have been skipping deloads. Last week, cycle 4, was the first time I lifted heavier weights from where I left off on my Linear progression.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am

Just started cycle 5 and have been skipping deloads. Last week, cycle 4, was the first time I lifted heavier weights from where I left off on my Linear progression.
Dang. Yeah dude at most I’d be doing two cycles back to back like JW suggested as an option in the newest 531 literature.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 am

Dang. Yeah dude at most I’d be doing two cycles back to back like JW suggested as an option in the newest 531 literature.
Heard that, we talked last month about it and the facebook world was suggesting that if you are coming from a NLP straight into 531 or some other intermediate program that the first 3-4 months didn't require deloads if you were feeling good.

Honestly I should have let myself recover an extra day on this workout and it would have been fine, but whats done is done. I'll hit my three's next week and then take the week off for vacation, and depending on how I feel either hit 3's again or move to 531 and follow that up with a proper deload week.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 am

Heard that, we talked last month about it and the facebook world was suggesting that if you are coming from a NLP straight into 531 or some other intermediate program that the first 3-4 months didn't require deloads if you were feeling good.

Honestly I should have let myself recover an extra day on this workout and it would have been fine, but whats done is done. I'll hit my three's next week and then take the week off for vacation, and depending on how I feel either hit 3's again or move to 531 and follow that up with a proper deload week.
:word:
SAWCE

After getting pinned down twice by 405 last week, hitting the heavier than usual rack pulls, and then doing the 405 box squats and getting pinned by 415, by lower back is feeling like shit. Worried something may actually be wrong in there, but I think I’ll use next week as a deload myself and see if it goes back to normal.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:45 am After getting pinned down twice by 405 last week, hitting the heavier than usual rack pulls, and then doing the 405 box squats and getting pinned by 415, by lower back is feeling like shit. Worried something may actually be wrong in there, but I think I’ll use next week as a deload myself and see if it goes back to normal.
dang, yea man lower back muscle pulls suck.

But, its going to happen in the process of getting it stronger. At least you aint some softie that there out his back picking up a bag of dog food. The shit I can do now thats easy that used to take like real effort... :mindblown:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:09 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:45 am After getting pinned down twice by 405 last week, hitting the heavier than usual rack pulls, and then doing the 405 box squats and getting pinned by 415, by lower back is feeling like shit. Worried something may actually be wrong in there, but I think I’ll use next week as a deload myself and see if it goes back to normal.

But, its going to happen in the process of getting it stronger. At least you aint some softie that there out his back picking up a bag of dog food. The shit I can do now thats easy that used to take like real effort... :mindblown:
A little worried that it may be more than a muscle pull and that I may have actually slipped a disc or something. If the deload week doesn’t bring it to 100% I’ll go get it looked at.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:09 am

A little worried that it may be more than a muscle pull and that I may have actually slipped a disc or something. If the deload week doesn’t bring it to 100% I’ll go get it looked at.

:(
brain go brrrrrr