Celtic Angels: Gettin' Up In Irish's Bidness

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:04 pm If your people want more hours, isn't it good if some of them leave? You can give more hours to those who remain and everyone wins.
You'd think this would be the case but in practice, it isn't. Mostly because the hours that most clients want overlap. Prime time is Mon Wed Fri 10a-2p followed closely by Tu Thu 10-2.
Anyway losing caregivers is always a losing proposition for me because I lose availability to offer clients. Losing them early, loses me the time and money (background checks and Tuberculosis Screenings) I've spent onboarding them.
Sucks. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

This is an example how our corporate leads are delivered....

My sweet :wap: sent this one..... :wub:

wap

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:07 pm This is an example how our corporate leads are delivered....

:lolol: :wub:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man... I do not envy this. Good on you, it sounds like you’ll end up being quite successful and rewarded with this work :doe: :fuckyeah:
Irish

D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 am Man... I do not envy this. Good on you, it sounds like you’ll end up being quite successful and rewarded with this work :doe: :fuckyeah:
Thanks mang.... yeah its challenging, but the occasional warm and fuzzies are very real.....
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:07 pm This is an example how our corporate leads are delivered....

I LOL'd that you're in Hershey and on Chocolate Ave.
Irish

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:31 pm

I LOL'd that you're in Hershey and on Chocolate Ave.
Oh yeah...the chocolate motiff in town is a bit bonkers....

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Oh wow. Dem Kiss streetlamps.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Sweet.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Dat Hersheymobile doe.
wap

Dat beetus city.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 pmDat beetus city.
😂
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Irish

I wish we had the old multiquote ability...... anyway, sorry I missed these

SAWCE wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:53 pm Oh wow. Dem Kiss streetlamps.
Yeah they are :neat: .... Growing up my family and I bounced between NE NJ and CentPA a lot for vacations and what not......one year we stopped in Hershey and took the factory tour back before Hershey Park was built and before the tour became :bs: ..... I was wowed by those street lamps as a tyke, and now I see them everyday....
Tarspin wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:47 pmSweet.
:iswydt:

D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:04 pm Dat Hersheymobile doe.
Yeah its :neat:
:lol: yeah.... Milton Hershey could give two fuqs bout :dat:
Irish

SO I eventually want to tell some in depth war stories (mostly relative to bad hires) but the most recent hire is top of mind and driving me batshit.

I have always had a subset of employees who act as if I work for them rather than the other way around.

Borderline disrespectful, telling me what they will do instead of asking me what I want them to do, etc.

Some of this is because of the previously mentioned high demand for their skill set (i.e. they are sought after and they know it) and some of it is just poor upbringing IMO. These people will never rise above $10/hour jobs because they are myopic when it comes to how an employee fits into the framework of a company. They believe that they are the only caregiver that I have (when in reality I have 19) and they act accordingly. I long for the day when I can afford to hire someone to whom I can delegate caregiver supervision and scheduling. But I'm not there yet.

This latest cg has turned out to be pretty lazy. She is easily bored and wants to have carte blanche to mess with her phone during downtime (which is :rage: inducing because I specifically harp on our policy against it during orientation). She has asked clients if she can leave early. She has broken policy by sharing inappropriate personal stories about her baby daddy (not anything too racy, though I do have a story about one dude that said some hair curling stuff to one of my devout christian clients.) And recently she has taken to pretty much ignoring my texts until she is good and ready to answer. There is more, but I think you get the picture.

I know what you will say...... :wtf: just FIRE HER. And boy, I would really like to.......but I can't just yet. Why? Because I need her. I am stretched so thin with caregivers right now that I just have to ride this bish out for another week or so. That feeling of being between a rock and a hard place is my least favorite part of this business. Caregivers like her have no fear of being fired because they know there is another agency around the corner that will hire them in a New York minute. Meanwhile, I have other caregivers taking vacations during the next few weeks and I have to keep this POW/POS on until they get back. She is just not up to my standards but the alternative is completely letting down some of my clients and possibly losing them.

Long term, I know my dealings with her are just another cog in the gears of the learning curve for me.....but at the moment it sucks being subject to her whims.

/rant
wap

Irish wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:19 pm SO I eventually want to tell some in depth war stories (mostly relative to bad hires) but the most recent hire is top of mind and driving me batshit.

I have always had a subset of employees who act as if I work for them rather than the other way around.

Borderline disrespectful, telling me what they will do instead of asking me what I want them to do, etc.

Some of this is because of the previously mentioned high demand for their skill set (i.e. they are sought after and they know it) and some of it is just poor upbringing IMO. These people will never rise above $10/hour jobs because they are myopic when it comes to how an employee fits into the framework of a company. They believe that they are the only caregiver that I have (when in reality I have 19) and they act accordingly. I long for the day when I can afford to hire someone to whom I can delegate caregiver supervision and scheduling. But I'm not there yet.

This latest cg has turned out to be pretty lazy. She is easily bored and wants to have carte blanche to mess with her phone during downtime (which is :rage: inducing because I specifically harp on our policy against it during orientation). She has asked clients if she can leave early. She has broken policy by sharing inappropriate personal stories about her baby daddy (not anything too racy, though I do have a story about one dude that said some hair curling stuff to one of my devout christian clients.) And recently she has taken to pretty much ignoring my texts until she is good and ready to answer. There is more, but I think you get the picture.

I know what you will say...... :wtf: just FIRE HER. And boy, I would really like to.......but I can't just yet. Why? Because I need her. I am stretched so thin with caregivers right now that I just have to ride this bish out for another week or so. That feeling of being between a rock and a hard place is my least favorite part of this business. Caregivers like her have no fear of being fired because they know there is another agency around the corner that will hire them in a New York minute. Meanwhile, I have other caregivers taking vacations during the next few weeks and I have to keep this POW/POS on until they get back. She is just not up to my standards but the alternative is completely letting down some of my clients and possibly losing them.

Long term, I know my dealings with her are just another cog in the gears of the learning curve for me.....but at the moment it sucks being subject to her whims.

/rant
The bolded is sadly true. :( :rage: Sorry you're going through this, but it'll get better, bro.
Irish

Thanks for the support, Wap. First world problems, I know, but bothersome nonetheless......
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I had no idea you were doing this, you're awesome! I've met a few patients out here who have nothing but good things to say about their Visiting Angels caregivers.
Irish

haleyann wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:13 pm I had no idea you were doing this, you're awesome! I've met a few patients out here who have nothing but good things to say about their Visiting Angels caregivers.
:wub: Thanks Haley!
Irish

So....Sadly my office assistant/right hand woman is leaving for a cushy job with Penn State University. Medical benefits are the one thing that I just couldn't compete with. During my recent illness I really came to rely upon her and now I need to replace her..... Sucks....but I do have a few good candidates that I am interviewing next week. Fingers crossed, the day to day of this thing is killing me and I really need to delegate.
wap

Irish wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:26 pm So....Sadly my office assistant/right hand woman is leaving for a cushy job with Penn State University. Medical benefits are the one thing that I just couldn't compete with. During my recent illness I really came to rely upon her and now I need to replace her..... Sucks....but I do have a few good candidates that I am interviewing next week. Fingers crossed, the day to day of this thing is killing me and I really need to delegate.
Dang, that sucks. But you can't really blame her, I guess. Good luck with your search for her replacement.
Irish

I just applied for two loans.... SBA Disaster Loan and a County thing.... I will need something to come through in order to stay in business......
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:47 pm I just applied for two loans.... SBA Disaster Loan and a County thing.... I will need something to come through in order to stay in business......
Best of luck my man. :like:
Irish

wap wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:04 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:47 pm I just applied for two loans.... SBA Disaster Loan and a County thing.... I will need something to come through in order to stay in business......
Best of luck my man. :like:
:mahman:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Good luck broseph!

If things get bad enough we'll have to start buying APR downpipes and making videos, :dat: legendary youtube magic.

:plac: