So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Alright Fellas:

Patio Furniture! Anybody got a solid online source? Throwing all of our shit out and starting off with a simple high top and bar stools replacement. Any more than four seats is a waste of time at our house, ain't having no dinner parties like Well Well Well My Michelle. Patio Furniture is basically a racket in terms of insane prices, and wondering if anybody has thrown down for this sort of thing. Thanks in advance.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 pm Alright Fellas:

Patio Furniture! Anybody got a solid online source? Throwing all of our shit out and starting off with a simple high top and bar stools replacement. Any more than four seats is a waste of time at our house, ain't having no dinner parties like Well Well Well My Michelle. Patio Furniture is basically a racket in terms of insane prices, and wondering if anybody has thrown down for this sort of thing. Thanks in advance.
Ikea has some nice stuff at prices that do not feel like rape
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am

Ikea has some nice stuff at prices that do not feel like rape
Will check.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Wax, Your beef with Benchmade have anything to do with that dust up where they were helping LEO destroy guns?

Or a quality issue?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 pm Wax, Your beef with Benchmade have anything to do with that dust up where they were helping LEO destroy guns?

Or a quality issue?
The former.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 pm Wax, Your beef with Benchmade have anything to do with that dust up where they were helping LEO destroy guns?

Or a quality issue?
The former.
They clearly didn't think that one through.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 pm

The former.
They clearly didn't think that one through.
Yeah, and they are feeling it now. Two different knife shops I frequently buy from said they aren't ordering more Benchmade for now, and they can even sell what they have.

Way to go for a "small" company. :lol:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Opinel knives look awesome and are dirt fucking cheap. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Opinel-Carbon-Bl ... way&sr=8-3

Kind of cool that you can carve them and shape them to whatever you want, and then stain them to any color. A #9 is $16...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

We got a simple bistro set from Lowes. It's been good so far and was cheap, but then again my backyard ain't exactly a desert paradise. Interested to see what you come up with.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Bought ours from Overstock.com. Best deals of what is most certainly a racket. Ours came broken (fixable, but broken), and missing two chairs. Michele called and threw a fit. They offered to refund the entire amount if we sent the broken stuff back...to which she went :ayfkm: because of the size, so they acquiesced and dropped the return requirement.

The missing chairs randomly showed up a week later...so we got a 4 piece (loveseat, two chairs, and table) outdoor set for free.

We had Ikea stuff at our last house that was really nice. Recommended too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I'm beginning to buy some camping gear

:popcorn:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:25 am I'm beginning to buy some camping gear

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Can't wait to get this thing hooked up in my booth. So much nostalgia.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm So, my mid-2012 13” MBP has been getting slower and slower lately. Could barely handle booting up and being fully operational in less than 5 minutes, let alone run Lightroom and edit photos.

Physically it’s perfectly fine. Just was running slow.

Bought a 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD and doubled the RAM from 8 gigs to 16.

$260 investment that should get me a couple more years out of it before I have to replace it now. I tested the reboot time this morning and it’s under 20 seconds. :fuckyeah:
Oh, wow...I have a late 2011 that's having the same issues. I've debated this, but have hesitated. Perhaps I should make the move.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:48 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm So, my mid-2012 13” MBP has been getting slower and slower lately. Could barely handle booting up and being fully operational in less than 5 minutes, let alone run Lightroom and edit photos.

$260 investment that should get me a couple more years out of it before I have to replace it now. I tested the reboot time this morning and it’s under 20 seconds. :fuckyeah:
Oh, wow...I have a late 2011 that's having the same issues. I've debated this, but have hesitated. Perhaps I should make the move.
Mine is a mid-2009 iirc. It’ll be getting this treatment at some point. Try to get another 5 years out of it.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:48 pm
Mine is a mid-2009 iirc. It’ll be getting this treatment at some point. Try to get another 5 years out of it.
Biggest sticking point for me is I have it setup to dual boot OSX and Windows 7. I really don't want to buy the operating systems again and don't own them anymore.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Biggest sticking point for me is I have it setup to dual boot OSX and Windows 7. I really don't want to buy the operating systems again and don't own them anymore.
I’m far from a tech guy, but could you load them to an external hard drive and then reboot off of that onto the SSD you put in your MacBook?
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:53 pm
I’m far from a tech guy, but could you load them to an external hard drive and then reboot off of that onto the SSD you put in your MacBook?
That's the thought, but I don't know how to do that. I can barely use an iPhone.

I used to be super techy and just lost interest over the years. Now I know nothing.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I did the RAM upgrade to my MBP and it made a nice difference. I should SSD, but find that I have been grabbing my iPad mini lately for random internet surfing...
ChrisoftheNorth

I bought the wife a $280 Lenovo Chromebook that does everything she or I could want. She loves it. That's the same price as "fixing" my bigger and heavier MBP. I should probably just get another Chromebook, or just use hers :scrooge:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm I bought the wife a $280 Lenovo Chromebook that does everything she or I could want. She loves it. That's the same price as "fixing" my bigger and heavier MBP. I should probably just get another Chromebook, or just use hers :scrooge:
I've been using a $200 HP Chromebook for 3 years exclusively. It's really all I need.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

This 'puter talk reminds me that I recently bought a new battery for my Dell Inspiron 13" 2 in 1. Watched a short vid on the 'Tubes on how to remove the battery and it was easy to do. :csb:

The one :rage: part of this little tale is that I purposely wanted an OEM Dell battery which I found on a site called Laptop Battery Factory at about half the price of what was on the Dell site. I confirmed with the online chat moran that this was indeed an OEM Dell battery and she assured me that it was. Guess what I found when it delivered? Yep, some no-name generic. I got on their chat and :rage: for a while and she apologized and said they'll send me a return address label so I could send the wrong one back and meanwhile they'll send out the correct one. 3 days later I still didn't get the return label but I did get an email saying the replacement battery shipped and reminding me that if I don't send the original one back I'd be charged for both. :triggered: Hopped back on the the chat and expressed my frustration at their inability to send a simple emailed return label. She said she'd talk to her manager again blah blah blah. This was pretty late in the evening so I went to bed. Next morning I got an email saying I could keep the original battery gratis. How stupid is it that they'd rather give me the damn thing than email me a simple return label which they originally said they would. :fullretard:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:06 pm This 'puter talk reminds me that I recently bought a new battery for my Dell Inspiron 13" 2 in 1. Watched a short vid on the 'Tubes on how to remove the battery and it was easy to do. :csb:

The one :rage: part of this little tale is that I purposely wanted an OEM Dell battery which I found on a site called Laptop Battery Factory at about half the price of what was on the Dell site. I confirmed with the online chat moran that this was indeed an OEM Dell battery and she assured me that it was. Guess what I found when it delivered? Yep, some no-name generic. I got on their chat and :rage: for a while and she apologized and said they'll send me a return address label so I could send the wrong one back and meanwhile they'll send out the correct one. 3 days later I still didn't get the return label but I did get an email saying the replacement battery shipped and reminding me that if I don't send the original one back I'd be charged for both. :triggered: Hopped back on the the chat and expressed my frustration at their inability to send a simple emailed return label. She said she'd talk to her manager again blah blah blah. This was pretty late in the evening so I went to bed. Next morning I got an email saying I could keep the original battery gratis. How stupid is it that they'd rather give me the damn thing than email me a simple return label which they originally said they would. :fullretard:
Probably a tiny company that didn't want a flaming review added to their site.

Or, they weren't really setup for returns and decided to just not deal with it. I had a similar situation of some stuff I bought from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for bulk pack (20 pcs) of some recessed lighting cans. The dude could barely speak/type English and was trying to be a hard ass, so I looked up his address from the shipping label. It ended up being a house in Beverly Hills (not a nice house, a rundown POS) with a jacked up ricer Mercedes SL convertible in the driveway from the Google Street view. I told him I was going to LA the next week and would bring them and wanted my money and that I wasn't going to leave his brick porch or might sit on his black MB until he showed up. Within 20 minutes I had a shipment notification for the right parts and an email telling me to keep the others.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 am
wap wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:06 pm This 'puter talk reminds me that I recently bought a new battery for my Dell Inspiron 13" 2 in 1. Watched a short vid on the 'Tubes on how to remove the battery and it was easy to do. :csb:

Or, they weren't really setup for returns and decided to just not deal with it. I had a similar situation of some stuff I bought from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for bulk pack (20 pcs) of some recessed lighting cans. The dude could barely speak/type English and was trying to be a hard ass, so I looked up his address from the shipping label. It ended up being a house in Beverly Hills (not a nice house, a rundown POS) with a jacked up ricer Mercedes SL convertible in the driveway from the Google Street view. I told him I was going to LA the next week and would bring them and wanted my money and that I wasn't going to leave his brick porch or might sit on his black MB until he showed up. Within 20 minutes I had a shipment notification for the right parts and an email telling me to keep the others.
:lolol: :impressive:

You're probably right. I got the small company feeling, too.

BTW, what's your thought on using a generic no-name replacement battery in my laptop? Should I expect any issues? Since I'm keeping it I'd like to at least know it would be safe to use some day when the new one shits the bed.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:37 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 am

:lolol: :impressive:

You're probably right. I got the small company feeling, too.

BTW, what's your thought on using a generic no-name replacement battery in my laptop? Should I expect any issues? Since I'm keeping it I'd like to at least know it would be safe to use some day when the new one shits the bed.
Honestly, it's probably built in the same factory as the original and just lacks the sticker that says Dell. I would just try to pay attention to see if it runs hotter. If so, I would likely try to replace it.