What are you listening to?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pm I used to listen to slightly stoopid a lot. My favorites are this joint, no cocaine and 2 am
All good tracks, but their sound has evolved a LOT over the years. They are some incredibly talented musicians.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm back on an Infant Annihilator kick.
Fucking dude's shred like woah.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:39 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:20 pm I used to listen to slightly stoopid a lot. My favorites are this joint, no cocaine and 2 am
All good tracks, but their sound has evolved a LOT over the years. They are some incredibly talented musicians.
i need to keep up, I am very outdated on stoopid.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

I've been enjoying the 50th Anniversary remastered White Album and the Esher Demo's. Very :megusta:

In4whyI'm :wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:40 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:54 pm Does anyone have suggestions for some singers who can belt it out?

Im looking for natural voices with minimal tuning.

EX: Josh Groban, Rag N Bone Man, Frank Sinatra, Pentatonix, Celine Dion, Freddy Mercury, etc.I know some of yall might not agree with this list but its what I could come up with quickly.
Aretha Franklin
^dat .... find her deep tracks from when she was much younger than her hits..... she was a badass..... RIP

Check this out
Last edited by Irish on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

Barnes93cb wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:54 pm Does anyone have suggestions for some singers who can belt it out?

Im looking for natural voices with minimal tuning.

EX: Josh Groban, Rag N Bone Man, Frank Sinatra, Pentatonix, Celine Dion, Freddy Mercury, etc.I know some of yall might not agree with this list but its what I could come up with quickly.
See previous post ...... I'm rusty at dis forumming internetting stuff ..... :wap:

Irish

@wap I Moved this to a more appropriate thread....

wap wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 pm
Irish wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:08 pm Speaking of CD burning..... in the early 2000's I started following a NOLA band called the Radiators, who were amazing......

They had an open taping policy so dudes would hook up right to the sound board at their shows and up load to the Live Music Archive https://archive.org/details/etree .

We had a email list server that acted similar to a forum, where people (including myself eventually) would offer up "B&P's" . This is short for blanks and postage.

Basically a person would send blank disks and a postage paid return envelope and we would burn the show and send it back.

As a result I have every Radiators show I ever attended (35+) on CD. Which for most bands would be redundant, but these guys never played the same show twice.

33 years, 4410 shows, 1671 songs, 1149 venues, 444 cities, 878 downloads & 582 live audio shows

I was also into torrents for a while and got some amazing bootleg stuff ranging from Beatles, Cream, Eric Clapton, Ray Charles, Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix......recording sessions and obscure shows.
Such as...?

The Esher Demos. This refers to the collection of acoustic demo recordings made by John, Paul, and George (there is no indication Ringo was present) at George's bungalow home (named Kinfauns) located in Esher, England. Here, in late May 1968, after returning from their trek to India and prior to going back into the recording studio to work on their next album (in June), the boys got together and presented to each other the songs they had each recently come up with. So, using George's Ampex 4-track Reel-to-Reel recorder, they laid down these mostly acoustic demos consisting primarily of early versions of songs that would later become the 'White album', as well as some that would be later released on respective solo albums ('Junk', 'Child of Nature' which was later re-worked to become 'Jealous Guy', and 'Circles'), and a few that were never officially released ('What's the New Mary Jane', 'Sour Milk Sea', 'Not Guilty'). It is a unique and wonderful opportunity and such a historical document to hear these early demo versions. One can imagine them just sitting around sharing their songs with each other, getting feedback, etc. When listening, you can get the feeling of having your own personal, casual and informal concert with them just sitting around your living room. It's quite remarkable. In some cases, the songs are still quite rough, in others, they are very similar to what the song would sound like on the finished album. Most intriguing are the early acoustic versions of songs that became much more electric or 'rockier' (like 'Revolution', 'Everybody's Got Something...Monkey', 'Yer Blues', 'While My Guitar...Weeps', etc). It has been reported that 27-28 songs were recorded over a couple days, after which George Martin had several copies of an acetate of these sessions pressed and distributed to each Beatle for their perusal at home to work with before heading into the studio in the following weeks.

ACOUSTIC MASTERPIECES THE ESHER DEMOS

(CD 1998 BIRTHDAY RECORDS BR 029)

1. Cry Baby Cry
2. Child Of Nature
3. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
4. I'm So Tired
5. Yer Blues
6. Everybody's Got Something To Hide...
7. What's The New Mary Jane
8. Revolution
9. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
10. Circles
11. Sour Milk Sea
12. Not Guilty
13. Piggies "edited out"
14. Julia
15. Blackbird
16. Rocky Raccoon
17. Back In The USSR
18. Honey Pie "edited out"
19. Mother Natures Son
20. Obla-Di Obla-Da
21. Junk "edited out"
22. Dear Prudence
23. Sexy Sadie

wap wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:37 pm I've been enjoying the 50th Anniversary remastered White Album and the Esher Demo's. Very :megusta:

:ohdang: Looks as though you already have a copy.....

Here is a cool article chronicling the recording https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ide-629178

And, I also have this (both recordings):

Paul McCartney, Donovan, and Mary Hopkin Jamming in the studio 1969 - "The Postcard Sessions" vinyl and CD versions

This short little gem makes the grade on two accounts - it's a stellar recording with a good cast, and it's never been officially released. This is an informal jam session during the making of Mary Hopkin's "Postcard" LP. It happens to be a fun set to listen to. There's lots of interplay between Donvan and Paul, and they all seem to be having a blast.

The two versions presented here are notable in that the vinyl version accounted for the material's first appearance anywhere. The CD reissue is placed here for comparison, both in sound quality and for any differences in mix.

Setlist for vinyl "No. 3 Abbey Road N.W." Horespeil Records

How Do You Do
Blackbird
The Unicorn
Lalena
Heather
Mr. Wind
The Walrus And The Carpenter
Land Of Gitsch

Setlist for CD "No. 3 Abbey Road N.W." Vigitone VT-116 (original silver CD)

How Do You Do
Blackbird
The Unicorn
Lalena
Heather
Mr. Wind
Land Of Gish

Both setlists are taken from their respective covers. I don't think either of them know how to spell the last track.

Enjoy!

A DoinkerTape
wap

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm @wap I Moved this to a more appropriate thread....

wap wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 pm

Such as...?

The Esher Demos. This refers to the collection of acoustic demo recordings made by John, Paul, and George (there is no indication Ringo was present) at George's bungalow home (named Kinfauns) located in Esher, England. Here, in late May 1968, after returning from their trek to India and prior to going back into the recording studio to work on their next album (in June), the boys got together and presented to each other the songs they had each recently come up with. So, using George's Ampex 4-track Reel-to-Reel recorder, they laid down these mostly acoustic demos consisting primarily of early versions of songs that would later become the 'White album', as well as some that would be later released on respective solo albums ('Junk', 'Child of Nature' which was later re-worked to become 'Jealous Guy', and 'Circles'), and a few that were never officially released ('What's the New Mary Jane', 'Sour Milk Sea', 'Not Guilty'). It is a unique and wonderful opportunity and such a historical document to hear these early demo versions. One can imagine them just sitting around sharing their songs with each other, getting feedback, etc. When listening, you can get the feeling of having your own personal, casual and informal concert with them just sitting around your living room. It's quite remarkable. In some cases, the songs are still quite rough, in others, they are very similar to what the song would sound like on the finished album. Most intriguing are the early acoustic versions of songs that became much more electric or 'rockier' (like 'Revolution', 'Everybody's Got Something...Monkey', 'Yer Blues', 'While My Guitar...Weeps', etc). It has been reported that 27-28 songs were recorded over a couple days, after which George Martin had several copies of an acetate of these sessions pressed and distributed to each Beatle for their perusal at home to work with before heading into the studio in the following weeks.

ACOUSTIC MASTERPIECES THE ESHER DEMOS

(CD 1998 BIRTHDAY RECORDS BR 029)

1. Cry Baby Cry
2. Child Of Nature
3. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
4. I'm So Tired
5. Yer Blues
6. Everybody's Got Something To Hide...
7. What's The New Mary Jane
8. Revolution
9. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
10. Circles
11. Sour Milk Sea
12. Not Guilty
13. Piggies "edited out"
14. Julia
15. Blackbird
16. Rocky Raccoon
17. Back In The USSR
18. Honey Pie "edited out"
19. Mother Natures Son
20. Obla-Di Obla-Da
21. Junk "edited out"
22. Dear Prudence
23. Sexy Sadie

wap wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:37 pm I've been enjoying the 50th Anniversary remastered White Album and the Esher Demo's. Very :megusta:

:ohdang: Looks as though you already have a copy.....

Here is a cool article chronicling the recording https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ide-629178

And, I also have this (both recordings):

Paul McCartney, Donovan, and Mary Hopkin Jamming in the studio 1969 - "The Postcard Sessions" vinyl and CD versions

This short little gem makes the grade on two accounts - it's a stellar recording with a good cast, and it's never been officially released. This is an informal jam session during the making of Mary Hopkin's "Postcard" LP. It happens to be a fun set to listen to. There's lots of interplay between Donvan and Paul, and they all seem to be having a blast.

The two versions presented here are notable in that the vinyl version accounted for the material's first appearance anywhere. The CD reissue is placed here for comparison, both in sound quality and for any differences in mix.

Setlist for vinyl "No. 3 Abbey Road N.W." Horespeil Records

How Do You Do
Blackbird
The Unicorn
Lalena
Heather
Mr. Wind
Land Of Gitsch

Setlist for CD "No. 3 Abbey Road N.W." Vigitone VT-116 (original silver CD)

How Do You Do
Blackbird
The Unicorn
Lalena
Heather
Mr. Wind
Land Of Gish

Both setlists are taken from their respective covers. I don't think either of them know how to spell the last track.

Enjoy!

A DoinkerTape
Cool. Yea, I have the Esher Demo's and they're quite :neat: I really wish Harrison had recorded Sour Milk Sea. It would have been a great one, imo. I've never heard Jackie Lomax's version, who George gave the song to.

That McCartney, Donovan, and Mary Hopkin Jam sounds cool. I'm sure you know that Harrison played lead guitar on Donovan's Sunshine Superman track and he accompanied the Beatles to Rishakesh in India and while there taught Lennon his finger picking style of acoustic guitar playing which you can hear him using on Julia. :themoreyouknow:
Irish

Yeah..... George has become my favorite Beatle...... I was always drawn to John because of his attitude and Paul because of his talent..... but George was an Unsung hero and probably the best all around human being in the Fab Four.....plus I loved a lot of his solo work and of course his stint as Nelson Wilbury......

Great Doc on Netfux directed by Scorcese..... George Harrison: Living in the Material World https://www.netflix.com/title/70216230
wap

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:18 pm Yeah..... George has become my favorite Beatle...... I was always drawn to John because of his attitude and Paul because of his talent..... but George was an Unsung hero and probably the best all around human being in the Fab Four.....plus I loved a lot of his solo work and of course his stint as Nelson Wilbury......

Great Doc on Netfux directed by Scorcese..... George Harrison: Living in the Material World https://www.netflix.com/title/70216230
Agreed about George, and I also think Ringo was the most underrated musician, by everyone except other drummers that is. He rocked on the skins. There was a reason that the Beatles persued him for a year before he agreed to join the band.
wap

And I bought that Scorsese film. It's fantastic.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Combining car chat and shred guitar, Paul Gilbert:

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Catching up on music from the bands on Saturday's lineup today.

Hadn't paid attention to The Drowns before, but I think I like them. I was going to show up late to the show, but since they are going on first I might have to deal with the weather at the beach for them (high of 66 on Saturday with 10% chance of rain.... means 90% chance of rain and high of 50F). Here's a pic of the venue last year:

wap

English Beat. :megusta:
Irish

My wife won her choice of tickets to the following: Josh Groban, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan , Zac Brown,Thomas Rhett .....

I'm not a country fan but I love good music of all genre's ..... anyone have any experience opinions on any of these?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:24 pm My wife won her choice of tickets to the following: Josh Groban, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan , Zac Brown,Thomas Rhett .....

I'm not a country fan but I love good music of all genre's ..... anyone have any experience opinions on any of these?
ZBB or Rhett would be my first choices, followed by FGL.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Irish wrote:My wife won her choice of tickets to the following: Josh Groban, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan , Zac Brown,Thomas Rhett .....

Groban is killer. I don't know anything about the country guys.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Some Airbourne, Light The Torch, and Parkway drive at work today.

Love this stereo. HOORAY

Irish

Apex wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:06 am
Irish wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:24 pm My wife won her choice of tickets to the following: Josh Groban, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan , Zac Brown,Thomas Rhett .....

ZBB or Rhett would be my first choices, followed by FGL.
Cool....you reminded me that I really liked Zack Brown in the Foo Fighters Documentary......

troyguitar wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:50 am
Groban is killer. I don't know anything about the country guys.
Thanks, your opinion makes him a top contender for me.....
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJNi7aRwUzU

If you're a Bon Iver fan and never seen the dude in concert it's worth it. It's a very immersive experience. All his newer stuff is pretty digi-heavy so just know that going in.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

People argue about garbage disposals.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Melon wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 pm People argue about garbage disposals.
:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Late to the party... but:

Zac Brown is really good, we used his stuff for demo when I was Bang Bussing
FGL concerts are fun and there are tons of hot chicks around
Luke Bryan, also hot chicks but eh
I can't speak to the others.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8Nkn3Xjes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PvebsWcpto

you're welcome
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Late to the party... but:

Zac Brown is really good, we used his stuff for demo when I was Bang Bussing
FGL concerts are fun and there are tons of hot chicks around
Luke Bryan, also hot chicks but eh
I can't speak to the others.
We ended up giving the tickets to a friend who is a huge FGL fan....