Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

dubshow wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:15 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:14 pm

1 permit per handgun.
:disgust:

what a terrible system. Reminds me of Boris and the story of the home built shit shovel AK. dude literally forged his own POS ak receiver from a shit shovel. was a glorious triumph.
Glorious Triumph

Last edited by Irish on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

Seriously :doe: I am considering a Carry permit...... I have had some batshit crazy situations with caregivers and I am a sitting duck in my basement office.....
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:05 pm Seriously :doe: I am considering a Carry permit...... I have had some batshit crazy situations with caregivers and I am a sitting duck in my basement office.....
I'm going to take a few classes to get my skill set up to an acceptable level, I haven't shot in years.
I will look into one of the CCW classes that are offered, just to take the class and get the education. There is no fucking way I would qualify for a CCW permit in NJ.

Oddly enough, the guy who tinted my :truk: was carrying, but I did get that done in PA. Weird thing to notice :lol:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Irish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:05 pm Seriously :doe: I am considering a Carry permit...... I have had some batshit crazy situations with caregivers and I am a sitting duck in my basement office.....
Sounds like your thread needs updating...
Apex

Any of you gents shot a FNS or the new FN 509? They seem to get great reviews from the interwebs, with the main downside being they're not that common so minimal aftermarket support.

My local shop has a couple 509Tac's and a FNS in stock so I'll be checking them out when I head back in 2 weeks. Price on the FNS is :megusta: at $450.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 am Any of you gents shot a FNS or the new FN 509? They seem to get great reviews from the interwebs, with the main downside being they're not that common so minimal aftermarket support.

My local shop has a couple 509Tac's and a FNS in stock so I'll be checking them out when I head back in 2 weeks. Price on the FNS is :megusta: at $450.
They seem like a great gun at the price point. I've never shot them. I have several FN products and they are all spot on.

As for aftermarket, what kind of things would you want? Sights I think can be night or standard, but that reflects in price. Holsters are available. Not sure what else in the aftermarket you really need on a pistol :iono:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:15 am
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 am Any of you gents shot a FNS or the new FN 509? They seem to get great reviews from the interwebs, with the main downside being they're not that common so minimal aftermarket support.

They seem like a great gun at the price point. I've never shot them. I have several FN products and they are all spot on.

As for aftermarket, what kind of things would you want? Sights I think can be night or standard, but that reflects in price. Holsters are available. Not sure what else in the aftermarket you really need on a pistol :iono:
:iono: just repeating what I heard on the "always reliable" internet. :lol:
Sights and maybe a holster are probably the only aftermarket things I might want.

Glad to hear you like your FN stuff.
Irish

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:52 pm
I'm going to take a few classes to get my skill set up to an acceptable level, I haven't shot in years.
I will look into one of the CCW classes that are offered, just to take the class and get the education. There is no fucking way I would qualify for a CCW permit in NJ.

Oddly enough, the guy who tinted my :truk: was carrying, but I did get that done in PA. Weird thing to notice :lol:
Yeah....there are sections of Jersey where a bunch of :derp: armed to the teeth would be a very very bad idea..... plus that built in road :rage: :doe:
Irish

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:22 pm
Sounds like your thread needs updating...
:yesth: I do have a few more storiez I need to put up there.....
Apex

Got the call that my permits and ID card are in. I'll grab them on my way in to work on Monday morning, as that was the first available appointment. :megusta:

Class is next Sunday, so I'll try out some different things and see what I like.
Apex

Gorgeous day today so we went out to the shop/range tonight.

Came home with a CZ P10C.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:37 pm Gorgeous day today so we went out to the shop/range tonight.

Came home with a CZ P10C.
:like:
Apex

Where do you guys buy your ammo? Or :waxer: reloads maybe, I don't :member: .
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm Where do you guys buy your ammo? Or :waxer: reloads maybe, I don't :member: .
I reload everything except bulk rifle ammo (5.56mm and 7.62x51mm).

Before when the state allowed it (motherfuckers) I used to mail order from ammoman.com Natchez, midwayusa, Brownells, and probably a dozen other places.... Basically always shop the prices.

https://gun.deals/category/ammo lists deals, and there are a couple others, but I can't recall now since it's fucking illegal to mail order ammo here now. Did I say motherfuckers?
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:35 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm Where do you guys buy your ammo? Or :waxer: reloads maybe, I don't :member: .

Before when the state allowed it (motherfuckers) I used to mail order from ammoman.com Natchez, midwayusa, Brownells, and probably a dozen other places.... Basically always shop the prices.

https://gun.deals/category/ammo lists deals, and there are a couple others, but I can't recall now since it's fucking illegal to mail order ammo here now. Did I say motherfuckers?
:rage: motherfuckers.
This is my concern with NJ as well... I'll look into mail ordering from some of those sites and see what's up.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:37 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:35 pm

:rage: motherfuckers.
This is my concern with NJ as well... I'll look into mail ordering from some of those sites and see what's up.
Eric @ Ammoman generally had good prices that included shipping and always had inventory. I think he is in NJ and therefore with some stupid laws there can't ship to NJ, but double check.

Edit.. looks like they now ship to NJ. My information was about 20 years old from when I started buying from them.

https://www.ammoman.com/t/aboutus
Apex

Little pewpew action today with some 20 round groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:37 pm :rage: motherfuckers.
Eric @ Ammoman generally had good prices that included shipping and always had inventory. I think he is in NJ and therefore with some stupid laws there can't ship to NJ, but double check.

Edit.. looks like they now ship to NJ. My information was about 20 years old from when I started buying from them.

https://www.ammoman.com/t/aboutus
Thanks :waxer: ! Going to run some different boxes through my CZ before ordering up some bulk ammo. Ammoman has some :notbad: pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex

Did a small online order last night of a few different boxes of 124gr. Online pricing is so cheap, just need to be wary of shipping costs. Ended up using sgammo.com for this order.

I liked the Fiocchi 115gr way better than the Federal 115gr that I used last time.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The Head Cheeto is showing his colours now. I can't laugh or sigh any harder.

cliffs:

That's Trump's son. While on campaign trail he was doing g lots of interviews with gun groups and companies
For his dad. Showing how cool to nfa they are. All the "make silencers legal" and HPA bs. Fwd to now Shooting with a suppressor makes news. Trump says I don't like suppressors. Ban fears.

That photo is trumps son that did all the PR interviews with NFA companies on how everything will be magical. Now Trump is anti silencers. Good ole 180.

meanwhile, i have 2 cans in NFA jail til ~December/January. :sad: :popcorn:

muh fReEdOmS
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex

Make Hearing Great Again!
Apex

Bros in pew! Do any of ya’ll have handgun specific safes? I can’t put in a big safe due to upper floor apartment life, but looking to find something decent for about 4 handguns.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

I need to get a better safe for my pistol. I have a gen 4 glock 17 9 and right now its in a lock/key sentry safe high up on a shelf but I need to get some legit finger print/code pistol safe soon.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:34 pm Bros in pew! Do any of ya’ll have handgun specific safes? I can’t put in a big safe due to upper floor apartment life, but looking to find something decent for about 4 handguns.
No, they are all locked in the big one.

I did think about a quick access lock box, so not really a safe. We keep 2-3 guns out of the safe but they get locked up if anyone comes over. The quick drop box would solve that.