Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Azn is picking up half the tab. I guess she is a keeper. Only good thing that happened today. :wub:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:09 am Azn is picking up half the tab. I guess she is a keeper. Only good thing that happened today. :wub:
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

They do a good job washing the cars tho ... :notbad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:43 pm Image

:dat: is a nice looking ride.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:09 am Azn is picking up half the tab. I guess she is a keeper. Only good thing that happened today. :wub:
:fuckyeah:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm

:dat: Beautiful car, mang :jelly:
max225

Thanks guys :wub:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:08 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm

:dat: Beautiful car, mang :jelly:
:dat:
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:megusta:

Why no hard park tho?
max225

:triggered: i don't need to show off and pretend like I am "different"
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Think of it as a down payment on the ring. :lol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:54 pm :triggered: i don't need to show off and pretend like I am "different"
:notsure: says the guy with the highest spec M3 in a lot full of bland Teslas
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:34 am
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:54 pm :triggered: i don't need to show off and pretend like I am "different"
:notsure: says the guy with the highest spec M3 in a lot full of bland Teslas
They are the superior in more ways than one and I’m highly considering it
max225

Filled up yesterday for $4.49 a gallon for a cool $70, and with a tiny ass gas tank. I fill up 5x a month :disgust:
Damn at these prices nearly 1/2 of my expense is fuel. That’s starting to really reign in my :jeep: desires :(
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 am Filled up yesterday for $4.49 a gallon for a cool $70, and with a tiny ass gas tank. I fill up 5x a month :disgust:
Damn at these prices nearly 1/2 of my expense is fuel. That’s starting to really reign in my :jeep: desires :(
How much is plebe spec fuel around you? Under $3 in the blessed lands.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 am Filled up yesterday for $4.49 a gallon for a cool $70, and with a tiny ass gas tank. I fill up 5x a month :disgust:
$4.05-4.30 most stations somewhere in the middle
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Model 3 looking more and more legit
Desertbreh

Ok guys I will post my latest BMW service experience here, because this has been the latest spot for discussions about the Ultimate Service. So I change oil in the 440i every 5K or so miles. Recommended service interval is 10Kish, but apparently the car adjusts for given driving conditions and all that jazz. Don't want to start (another) discussion about proper oil change intervals, I drive a turbocharged German car in temperatures reaching 120 degrees, I'm going for 5000 mile changes, I'm a freeman I can piss money down my leg if I like. Or can I? 2017 maintenance plan gives me 3 years/36K miles of Ultimate Service.

1st oil change at 5K miles, I took the oil and filter to the dealer and paid them for the labor, and to have it documented in the sacred BMW log book. They reset the service indicator. At 11K miles, I took it in, told them it was time for my "freebie." They changed the oil and reset the service indicator. At 17K miles, I put the car on the Quik Jack and changed it myself coating my hands in carcinogens. I reset the service indicator. I took it in today at 22K miles, and was told that I could not have a free oil change because the car said it was not needed. I told them I was entitled to 3 free oil changes with my Ultimate Service plan, and that I was here for #2. No dice. Somebody figured out what code to enter to allow them to do my oil change at 11K miles, but today.....no.
If I am asked about my service today, I will get them a 1 out of 10. Gimme a fking break.

BMWs do not have the build quality to match the price of their cars, and their "Ultimate" Service underscores the fact that they are throwaway cars. I will not purchase another one. At one time they were a car for car guys, now they are German Lincolns, M cars excepted.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

I paid $4.49 to put 1/2 a tank in the C6 this weekend.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:43 pm
I paid $4.49 to put 1/2 a tank in the C6 this weekend.
Cheap as fuck. My car is $35 for a half tank. :trollface:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:42 pm Ok guys I will post my latest BMW service experience here, because this has been the latest spot for discussions about the Ultimate Service. So I change oil in the 440i every 5K or so miles. Recommended service interval is 10Kish, but apparently the car adjusts for given driving conditions and all that jazz. Don't want to start (another) discussion about proper oil change intervals, I drive a turbocharged German car in temperatures reaching 120 degrees, I'm going for 5000 mile changes, I'm a freeman I can piss money down my leg if I like. Or can I? 2017 maintenance plan gives me 3 years/36K miles of Ultimate Service.

1st oil change at 5K miles, I took the oil and filter to the dealer and paid them for the labor, and to have it documented in the sacred BMW log book. They reset the service indicator. At 11K miles, I took it in, told them it was time for my "freebie." They changed the oil and reset the service indicator. At 17K miles, I put the car on the Quik Jack and changed it myself coating my hands in carcinogens. I reset the service indicator. I took it in today at 22K miles, and was told that I could not have a free oil change because the car said it was not needed. I told them I was entitled to 3 free oil changes with my Ultimate Service plan, and that I was here for #2. No dice. Somebody figured out what code to enter to allow them to do my oil change at 11K miles, but today.....no.
If I am asked about my service today, I will get them a 1 out of 10. Gimme a fking break.

BMWs do not have the build quality to match the price of their cars, and their "Ultimate" Service underscores the fact that they are throwaway cars. I will not purchase another one. At one time they were a car for car guys, now they are German Lincolns, M cars excepted.
If you didn't reset the service indicator you would have been fine.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:42 pm Ok guys I will post my latest BMW service experience here, because this has been the latest spot for discussions about the Ultimate Service. So I change oil in the 440i every 5K or so miles. Recommended service interval is 10Kish, but apparently the car adjusts for given driving conditions and all that jazz. Don't want to start (another) discussion about proper oil change intervals, I drive a turbocharged German car in temperatures reaching 120 degrees, I'm going for 5000 mile changes, I'm a freeman I can piss money down my leg if I like. Or can I? 2017 maintenance plan gives me 3 years/36K miles of Ultimate Service.

Yep, this is not surprising at all, which is why they didn’t change my brake fluid per my earlier rants. It has nothing to do with “German Lincoln’s” it has everything to do with how expensive they made their services, they refuse to “eat the cost” because car is not telling them it’s due, if the car doesn’t tell em they won’t do it. Next time don’t reset the counter.
This “free maintenance”, is a huge financial burden for BMW and it shows, which is why they are slowly but surely getting rid of it. It must be somewhere around 2-6k Depending on which car you get.

Coupled with epic depreciation, and the fact that they are so heavily skewed towards leases they must be bleeding themselves dry in the US
Desertbreh

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:47 pm

But when they reset the service indicator at 5K miles it was fine?
Johnny_P

:sad:
So what's the rec then? Didn't MB also have rather poor service or am I mixing things up? I guess Lexus / Infiniti are still the service icons, features and driving excitement possibly lacking though.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:48 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:47 pm

But when they reset the service indicator at 5K miles it was fine?
That's just in their procedures, you'd have to find someone willing to "over-ride" it which is a huge hassle. Because at that point they are doing you a favor and breaking internal rules. I wouldn't allow it if I was a SA it exposes them to liability.
I get your side completely but you have to keep BMW side in this in mind as well.