So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I've had this thing for about a decade now all the way back to my Mk5. Still :mindblown: it works. The storage bag fell apart before the compressor.

Definitely small enough to keep in the trunk so I always have it with me.

https://www.amazon.com/Industries-Rotar ... way&sr=8-3
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Make sure that's pumped up and throw it in the trunk of the Bimmer for road trips. I'm sure woman won't mind that she can't bring a second bag because the "just in case" air compressor is taking up half the trunk.
Harbor Freight trailer :bruh:

They solve everything.

Home Depot runs? Check.
Motorcycle transportation? Check.
Marriage? Check.
Mud-camping? Check.
:pinshit: ? Check.
:notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I have one of those 10 dollar HF jobs that I used to air up all the things all the time in college. Airing up and down for 10+ autox's a year? no prob bob. It finally got weak and / or broke from dropping it so i replaced in kind. That one still works and lives in my trunk.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:09 pm I've had this thing for about a decade now all the way back to my Mk5. Still :mindblown: it works. The storage bag fell apart before the compressor.

I've got 3 of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P- ... 232&sr=8-3

One in the Jeep, one in the truck and one in the 911 along with a mushroom plug gun kit in each:

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-1075-Sta ... way&sr=8-1
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm Anybody got any recommendations for "onboard" air compressor? Replacing the BMW tires, and not going to use runflats because they are garbage, and the car has no spare. My woman ain't going to change a tire regardless, she's calling AAA. PSS on sale at Tires Rack. So. For road trips I need something small, light, but with some guts. Any of you offroad kings got such a device to "air up" and "air down" and all that other bro stuff you do?
Maybe? It's good for me because I have a shit ton of Milwaukee stuff.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M ... /304768834
Last edited by KYGTIGuy on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:16 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:09 pm I've had this thing for about a decade now all the way back to my Mk5. Still :mindblown: it works. The storage bag fell apart before the compressor.

I've got 3 of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P- ... 232&sr=8-3

One in the Jeep, one in the truck and one in the 911 along with a mushroom plug gun kit in each:

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-1075-Sta ... way&sr=8-1
Oh shit that's perfect. If you get a flat and a dead battery probably best to accept it and avoid a final destination type scenario down the road
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Looking to replace my phone holder..... Right now I have a vent mount from Best Buy...... its Okay but I m looking for suggestions....no windshield suction cups please.....
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I've got the Amazon Basics version of the Viar that :waxer: posted. Has worked fine the few times I've used it since getting it in December. Fills the big 31" tires up no problem.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Link for convenience:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Por ... 185&sr=8-1

$70 right now with the battery clamps, or you can get the 12V version for $35...
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:57 pm Looking to replace my phone holder..... Right now I have a vent mount from Best Buy...... its Okay but I m looking for suggestions....no windshield suction cups please.....
I have something very similar to this, which mounts in the CD slot. CD's still play while this in in it, too. Pretty perfect line of sight in the :turboyaris:

Last edited by wap on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

wap wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Irish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:57 pm Looking to replace my phone holder..... Right now I have a vent mount from Best Buy...... its Okay but I m looking for suggestions....no windshield suction cups please.....
I have something very similar to this, which mounts in the CD slot. CD's still play while this in in it, too. Pretty perfect line of sight in the :turboyaris:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074K ... UTF8&psc=1
Looks pretty :notbad: but I am a bit concerned with a CD mount because I'm kind of a brute with jamming the phone in and out of the holder.....but :iono: maybe the cd is a better way to go?
Last edited by Irish on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074K ... UTF8&psc=1
Looks pretty :notbad: but I am a bit concerned with a CD mount because I'm kind of a brute with jamming the phone in and out of the holder.....
Your GTI has 155K miles on it. What could happen that would devalue it further?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Looks pretty :notbad: but I am a bit concerned with a CD mount because I'm kind of a brute with jamming the phone in and out of the holder.....
I've had no issues in the 3-4 years that I've had mine. :iono: If you don't clamp those 2 side holders down too tightly and remove the phone with one hand while grasping the holder with the other hand, it comes out fine. Can't be any more delicate than a vent mount, can it? You can damage a vent but you really can't damage a slot. ( :hue: )
Last edited by wap on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Well, there's :dat: , too; :lol:
Irish

Troof...but I'm more concerned about devaluing (i.e: breaking) the holder...... So I guess the question is, what is the more solid mounting interface....the vent or the cd slot?
Irish

wap wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 pm

I've had no issues in the 3-4 years that I've had mine. :iono: If you don't clamp those 2 side holders down too tightly and remove the phone with one hand while grasping the holder with the other hand, it comes out fine. Can't be any more delicate than a vent mount, can it? You can damage a vent but you really can't damage a slot. ( :hue: )
Good point, point is good......
wap

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Troof...but I'm more concerned about devaluing (i.e: breaking) the holder...... So I guess the question is, what is the more solid mounting interface....the vent or the cd slot?
I'd say slot. Those vents are pretty flimsy feeling imo.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:16 pm

CD slot I've used that kind its sturdy
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I d the vent magnet setup, I quite like it as we have one in each car and both have the magnets in our iTrudes.
https://smile.amazon.com/Magnetic-WizGe ... pons&psc=1
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 am I bought this belt the other day in black: https://smile.amazon.com/Hanks-Everyday ... pons&psc=1

I've had the brown one for a year or two now and it's holding up great with a polish every couple of months. Now I have a black one too, hopefully I don't need to buy another belt for 20+ years.
Man I have a hard time shelling out $55+ for a belt...... :scrooge: then again I go through $10-$20 specimens yearly..... because :fatty: Is this one THAT much better than conventionally available versions?
I would say yes, should last at least 20 years. I throw some polish on it a couple of times annually and it's back to new looking, I've had the brown one for probably two years now.
Irish

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 pm
I d the vent magnet setup, I quite like it as we have one in each car and both have the magnets in our iTrudes.
Intriguing.... My phone is a brick (Galaxy S5 with Extended battery) ... think the magnets are strong enough?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Intriguing.... My phone is a brick (Galaxy S5 with Extended battery) ... think the magnets are strong enough?
Depends how aggressive you drive really... and if you're willing to put it on the outside versus in your case. I't spretty strong if just stuck on the back (the metal plate).
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Irish wrote:Looking to replace my phone holder..... Right now I have a vent mount from Best Buy...... its Okay but I m looking for suggestions....no windshield suction cups please.....
Proclip stuff is good. More expensive than some of the stuff on Amazon but they're solid.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Irish wrote:Looking to replace my phone holder..... Right now I have a vent mount from Best Buy...... its Okay but I m looking for suggestions....no windshield suction cups please.....
Proclip stuff is good. More expensive than some of the stuff on Amazon but they're solid.

I just use the procupholder
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm Proclip stuff is good. More expensive than some of the stuff on Amazon but they're solid.

I just use the procupholder

The little slider cover for the cupholder in the gorf fits my phone perfectly. I usually just put it there or on the front cubby with the USB cable.