So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:26 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Have you used Benchmade's Lifesharp service at all? Worth sending out for that instead of sharpening yourself?
I would rather do it myself than risk loss via the mail.

Benchmade and Spyderco both offer that service and it is nice, but if you can do it yourself... why not?
Makes sense. I used to sharpen my own knives in Boy Scouts, but I'm sure I was doing it :wrong: would be a neat skill to learn and use.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Well I had a 20% off REI membership coupon and they had Bugouts in stock so I bought a blue one. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:56 pm Well I had a 20% off REI membership coupon and they had Bugouts in stock so I bought a blue one. Thanks for the advice everyone.
:sissyfight:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:56 pm Well I had a 20% off REI membership coupon and they had Bugouts in stock so I bought a blue one. Thanks for the advice everyone.
I've been wanting a crooked river for months

https://www.rei.com/product/132969/benc ... mSEALw_wcB
Johnny_P

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:25 pm
I've been wanting a crooked river for months

https://www.rei.com/product/132969/benc ... mSEALw_wcB
Well I can confirm the 20% off coupon works on Benchmade knives...
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:18 pm
:sissyfight:
:gaydance:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Alright Motherfuckers:

Johnny needs some decent fucking flatware. See the wedding thread. We all do, really. After a recent poll, nobody has any decent shit to eat with. We have 500 Benchmade knives but no decent, attractive, daily fking dinnerware. Are we savages?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:34 am Alright Motherfuckers:

Johnny needs some decent fucking flatware. See the wedding thread. We all do, really. After a recent poll, nobody has any decent shit to eat with. We have 500 Benchmade knives but no decent, attractive, daily fking dinnerware. Are we savages?
Speak for yourself, our silverware sets were 90 a pop before discount at BB&B and we got 2. Thanks to whomever gifted those. They are holding up great ~5 years later...
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

You don't stab your :meat: with said Benchmade and eat off of that?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Is this a rhetorical question?

You know goddamn well that we are!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I bought this belt the other day in black: https://smile.amazon.com/Hanks-Everyday ... pons&psc=1

I've had the brown one for a year or two now and it's holding up great with a polish every couple of months. Now I have a black one too, hopefully I don't need to buy another belt for 20+ years.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:59 am

Is this a rhetorical question?

You know goddamn well that we are!
Read my mind! :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 am I bought this belt the other day in black: https://smile.amazon.com/Hanks-Everyday ... pons&psc=1

I've had the brown one for a year or two now and it's holding up great with a polish every couple of months. Now I have a black one too, hopefully I don't need to buy another belt for 20+ years.
Single piece if full grain leather. Impressive. I've been on a leather goods kick lately and a belt was on the list to buy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 am I bought this belt the other day in black: https://smile.amazon.com/Hanks-Everyday ... pons&psc=1

Single piece if full grain leather. Impressive. I've been on a leather goods kick lately and a belt was on the list to buy.
I’m not normally a finer things guy, but the belt is definitely a nice piece. I do enjoy a nice leather item.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Got a few things coming this week.

I bought the 24-70 f/2.8 lens for my Z7 to replace the 24-70 f/4 that was out when the camera launched. Going to sell my AF-S F mount 24-70 f/2.8 VR along with my D850 and MB-D18 grip, batteries, etc in the next couple weeks. The Z7 will be more than fine for me until the next gen mirrorless comes out.

Got a couple knives coming in that I wanted, but were not in stock... Since they came available I made the order.

Also have a Uniden R7 radar detector that shipped this weekend. It just came out and officially launches tomorrow. Supposed to be better than the Valentine 1, so we'll see. I've been a V1 user since the '90s and still own three of them. I hope this one is as good as the reviewers say, the V1 is starting to be dated with lack of some features like GPS. The R7 has front and rear detection and directional arrows like the V1 and supposedly better range as well as GPS blocking.

SAWCE

In4 pricing on your D850.

I’ve wanted to make the move to either mirrorless or FX.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm In4 pricing on your D850.

Honestly, for the money go Z6 or Z7. I'm going to be getting top dollar from someone looking to stay DSLR for the D850.
SAWCE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:55 pm In4 pricing on your D850.

Honestly, for the money go Z6 or Z7. I'm going to be getting top dollar from someone looking to stay DSLR for the D850.
:word: I’ve been eyeing the Z6
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Bought a China special robit vac. $120 like new Amazon warehouse. Regular 190. :scrooge:

ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Self-Charging Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Max Power Suction https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077HW9XM7/re ... SCbPWSQ5NA
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Bought a new battery for my laptop.
$62 delivered for an OEM Dell.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:scrooge: PSA alert:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DH ... UTF8&psc=1

I bough this cheaper liquid filled air gauge off amazon because 50 bucks for a longacre or something is just too hard a pill to swallow for my cheap ass. Sure they are super nice gauges...but 50 bucks....

This one is totally adequate. You can burp it to equalize the pressure, the chuck head rotates, seems super precise.
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 am :scrooge: PSA alert:

I bough this cheaper liquid filled air gauge off amazon because 50 bucks for a longacre or something is just too hard a pill to swallow for my cheap ass. Sure they are super nice gauges...but 50 bucks....

This one is totally adequate. You can burp it to equalize the pressure, the chuck head rotates, seems super precise.
As someone who used to use a cheap gauge and ate up several tires at $200+ per and now uses an expensive one, I recommend having the gauge tested against a calibration stand** (assuming your track day tire supplier has one).

**Probably not needed for street things or minibikes.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:39 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 am :scrooge: PSA alert:

As someone who used to use a cheap gauge and ate up several tires at $200+ per and now uses an expensive one, I recommend having the gauge tested against a calibration stand** (assuming your track day tire supplier has one).

**Probably not needed for street things or minibikes.
:dat:

If i was playing with big money tires for bikes or cars I'd not :scrooge: on the gauge. But for my mini bike, street things, and the FV that we run on take offs that will age out before they get used properly? :thisisfine: , unironically.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I bought the digital longacre a few years ago because YOLO
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Man I have a hard time shelling out $55+ for a belt...... :scrooge: then again I go through $10-$20 specimens yearly..... because :fatty: Is this one THAT much better than conventionally available versions?