Kamry XSE impressions and further updates

Strut your greasy stuff!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:52 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:04 pm

Or a m3 since you knew you couldn’t commit to a p car for that long, and having the utility of 4 doors is epic. Are we that different :mindblown:
Nah, I have no use for 4 doors.
I have no used for that or 450hp, but it is a nice to have.
max225

Makes me want one...
max225

Went off roading again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:doomed:
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 38156.html

What do you guys think of this m3? It is literally the perfect spec for me.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:42 am https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 38156.html

:impressive: dat red white n blue spec.

Are you OK with parking that on the mean streets of SF proper when you move and not going :plac: for a relative eternity? :iono:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 am
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:42 am https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 38156.html

Are you OK with parking that on the mean streets of SF proper when you move and not going :plac: for a relative eternity? :iono:
All very good questions I unfortunately don’t have the answer to. I do seem to enjoy this chassis a fair amount as I have spent 3+ years in it at this point, the main things that bother me about my car are the color and the 20” wheels, one of which is addressed by this one. The other one I can likely address by getting the basic bitch spec 18”s which will likely improve ride quality
Last edited by max225 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Looks pretty epic to me. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Thats a lot of beans, great color though!
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Wrong thread.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 pmWrong thread.
:howdareu:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:26 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 pmWrong thread.
:howdareu:
I’ll just hard park my way out of it.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:53 am

All very good questions I unfortunately don’t have the answer to. I do seem to enjoy this chassis a fair amount as I have spent 3+ years in it at this point, the main things that bother me about my car are the color and the 20” wheels, one of which is addressed by this one. The other one I can likely address by getting the basic bitch spec 18”s which will likely improve ride quality
Yea, I'd slap 18s on the bitch and enjoy it.

BUT the depreciation potential is epic here. $60k has a long way to fall, especially with a new gen M3 not far off.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am

BUT the depreciation potential is epic here. $60k has a long way to fall, especially with a new gen M3 not far off.
Yea, but it is already 20k off a “new one”. I liked that one in particular as it has the exact color and option combo that I wanted. Clean m3s seem to bottom out at around 20k up to 100k miles. So the depreciation here is up to 40k, for the next 6-7 years, so ~450-550 a month if I decide to keep it that long. Shorter stunts would bring the price up... that’s around what I’m paying now...
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 am

Yea, but it is already 20k off a “new one”. I liked that one in particular as it has the exact color and option combo that I wanted. Clean m3s seem to bottom out at around 20k up to 100k miles. So the depreciation here is up to 40k, for the next 6-7 years, so ~450-550 a month if I decide to keep it that long. Shorter stunts would bring the price up... that’s around what I’m paying now...
Truthfully if it is reliable and you enjoy it, why not. Has warranty until end of 2021, so just go :plaid:

I have barely seen new gen 3 series on the roads here, so I figure the M3 is at least 12-18 months away from hitting lots + markup on early models. I’d say you can make a decision right before your warranty ends on the new one as to whether you want to keep it or go pod-lyf
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Drive your car around SF for a while to see if you can tolerate it. If you can then go for it. I’d want more tire sidewall. And that’s a lot of money to street park so hopefully you have off street private parking somehow.

Looks like a nice car.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 am

Right...so how long you can keep it is a major factor. 6-7 years is an eternity in :plac: time. Might kill you actually. Think of all the sleepless nights being stuck in a car you no longer love!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:34 am Yea, but it is already 20k off a “new one”. I liked that one in particular as it has the exact color and option combo that I wanted. Clean m3s seem to bottom out at around 20k up to 100k miles. So the depreciation here is up to 40k, for the next 6-7 years, so ~450-550 a month if I decide to keep it that long. Shorter stunts would bring the price up... that’s around what I’m paying now...
Right...so how long you can keep it is a major factor. 6-7 years is an eternity in :plac: time. Might kill you actually. Think of all the sleepless nights being stuck in a car you no longer love!
Plus no warranty, right? :doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:17 am
Detroit wrote: Right...so how long you can keep it is a major factor. 6-7 years is an eternity in :plac: time. Might kill you actually. Think of all the sleepless nights being stuck in a car you no longer love!
Right! The horror!
razr390

Detroit wrote: Right...so how long you can keep it is a major factor. 6-7 years is an eternity in :plac: time. Might kill you actually. Think of all the sleepless nights being stuck in a car you no longer love!
AFAIK warranty is still valid until December 2021 so 2.75 years of warranty left? Not bad.
max225

These cars don’t really have issues. Most modern new cars don’t have any in years 0-6, then it turns into a shit show
Last edited by max225 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:34 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:17 am Plus no warranty, right? :doomed:
These cars don’t really have issues. Most modern new cars don’t have any years 0-6 then it turns into a shit show
I thought the post said warranty until 2021 anyways? Which means you could go full balls to the wall to get shit fixed before no warranty
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:10 am
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:34 am

These cars don’t really have issues. Most modern new cars don’t have any years 0-6 then it turns into a shit show
I thought the post said warranty until 2021 anyways? Which means you could go full balls to the wall to get shit fixed before no warranty
:dat:

One more thought since I did a 2hr drive this am dropping off my rents' at the airport.

Pros:
The trunk size is excellent, it fit all their bags+ my shit i take with me to work.
3 of us are reasonably comfortable in the car. This is as small as a car should get for 3/4 people. Perfect size.

Cons: queue Johnny issues.
first the ride was fucking bouncy AF, partially due to our bombed out roads and partially because the car was loaded with around 650lbs of humans+luggage. My dad was bobbing around the front seat at low speeds. :disgust:
The lights were sort of blah... and these are upgrades, but rain+ other shit in the am made shit hard to see. :wtf:
I ended up hitting a pot hole... i literally ditched about 30, but i couldn't' ditch them all, I was swerving around like a fucking moron all across the lane, and others probably thought I was insane.
This was so fking loud thud, I had to walk around and see if i Popped/bent wheel but it seems ok, it was only 2/3" deep but I was going 55, there were craters like this constantly all over the place,
My car still picks up way too many rocks due to sticky tires(and our terrible roads) which end up hitting the inside of the wheel liners creating a constant metal coin in a tin jar sound. :disgust:
my rents also commented on how the car is super stiff+loud.

This made me realize how "nice" my commute actually is.... :wtf: And also that driving my car is actually quite stressful under these conditions. I think I need to think about this one some more. As much as I love the car and how amazing it is... it is not suitable for all conditions... or as many conditions as I initially had hoped for. These wheels have got to go.
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:36 am

One more thought since I did a 2hr drive this am dropping off my rents' at the airport.

Pros:
The trunk size is excellent, it fit all their bags+ my shit i take with me to work.
3 of us are reasonably comfortable in the car. This is as small as a car should get for 3/4 people. Perfect size.

first the ride was fucking bouncy AF, partially due to our bombed out roads and partially because the car was loaded with around 650lbs of humans+luggage. My dad was bobbing around the front seat at low speeds. :disgust:
The lights were sort of blah... and these are upgrades, but rain+ other shit in the am made shit hard to see. :wtf:
I ended up hitting a pot hole... i literally ditched about 30, but i couldn't' ditch them all, I was swerving around like a fucking moron all across the lane, and others probably thought I was insane.
This was so fking loud thud, I had to walk around and see if i Popped/bent wheel but it seems ok, it was only 2/3" deep but I was going 55, there were craters like this constantly all over the place,
My car still picks up way too many rocks due to sticky tires(and our terrible roads) which end up hitting the inside of the wheel liners creating a constant metal coin in a tin jar sound. :disgust:

This made me realize how "nice" my commute actually is.... :wtf: And also that driving my car is actually quite stressful under these conditions. I think I need to think about this one some more. As much as I love the car and how amazing it is... it is not suitable for all conditions... or as many conditions as I initially had hoped for. These wheels have got to go.
Sounds like you need a :gorf:

:iono:

-4Motion
-Looks great
-6 year/72,000 Mike B2B/Powertrain warranty
-Great lighting package
-virtual cockpit
-Bluetooth/CarPlay standard
-bloo (and possibly spektrum colors?)
-practical AF
-fits 17’s
-familiar platform
-huge aftermarket support if that floats your boat.
-minimal cost of ownershit
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:36 am

Pros:

Get 18s now, swap them on to your next ride.