Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:13 pm I mean. I don't even know why I tell you guys things at all. Because every single fucking thing I tell you all gets scrutinized and micro-analyzed to the point that I'm undeniably :wrong:
FWIW, I have not told you you are :wrong: . I think whatever you do re: your work situation will be good for you other than doing nothing.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

The way I see it; Johnny takes a month vaca to travel around, do bike things, do overland thing, visit cool places and people, etc. Then when he gets back, see if bossbro was for real on the additional opportunities via exec classes/shadowing execs, then see what happens.

If bossbro was full of :shit: then :wasteful: can hop back in his Xterra with his MTB and travel around the rest of the US/Canadia for however long he wants.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:55 pm The way I see it; Johnny takes a month vaca to travel around, do bike things, do overland thing, visit cool places and people, etc. Then when he gets back, see if bossbro was for real on the additional opportunities via exec classes/shadowing execs, then see what happens.

If bossbro was full of :shit: then :wasteful: can hop back in his Xterra with his MTB and travel around the rest of the US/Canadia for however long he wants.
Yeah, I don't see the downside to this at all. No reason to be :eeyore: about any of it IMO. Take a month trip on the company dime with real health insurance, see and learn some shit, come back and re-assess everything. You'll probably learn a lot about the trip side of things too and come up with many ideas on how to make the next trip better. If the work thing still sucks, you can quit and take the next trip immediately...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:55 pm The way I see it; Johnny takes a month vaca to travel around, do bike things, do overland thing, visit cool places and people, etc. Then when he gets back, see if bossbro was for real on the additional opportunities via exec classes/shadowing execs, then see what happens.

Yeah not a bad call. 1 month is too short to do the stuff I really have a desire to do though. I’ll see what I can come up with.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Yeah not a bad call. 1 month is too short to do the stuff I really have a desire to do though. I’ll see what I can come up with.
Look at the first month as a practice run IMO to see what works, what you actually enjoy vs what you thought you'd enjoy, etc.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm
Look at the first month as a practice run IMO to see what works, what you actually enjoy vs what you thought you'd enjoy, etc.
+1 on this approach. You could still consider your "real trip" as being in reserve.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 pm

Yeah, I don't see the downside to this at all. No reason to be :eeyore: about any of it IMO. Take a month trip on the company dime with real health insurance, see and learn some shit, come back and re-assess everything. You'll probably learn a lot about the trip side of things too and come up with many ideas on how to make the next trip better. If the work thing still sucks, you can quit and take the next trip immediately...
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Another job I applied to at General Dynamics wants to interview me too. I'll set that up for later this week. Wonder if I'll hear back from the first before I get to do this interview....
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 pm Another job I applied to at General Dynamics wants to interview me too. I'll set that up for later this week. Wonder if I'll hear back from the first before I get to do this interview....
Dude. You seem to be getting a lot of interviews. One of these has to hit soon. :like:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:56 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 pm Another job I applied to at General Dynamics wants to interview me too. I'll set that up for later this week. Wonder if I'll hear back from the first before I get to do this interview....
Dude. You seem to be getting a lot of interviews. One of these has to hit soon. :like:
Exactly. Numbers game, baby.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:45 pm
wap wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Exactly. Numbers game, baby.
:excited:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm Yeah not a bad call. 1 month is too short to do the stuff I really have a desire to do though. I’ll see what I can come up with.
And do a ranking of the places you want to hit. See if you can put together a shorter trip that checks as many of the biggest/best boxes on that list.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:26 pm Applied for a place that looks incredibly cool to me - they are an exchange for people that invest in short run/old sneakers. I know that sounds nuts but it's crazy profitable.
WUT
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:58 pm

WUT

It's called Stock X.
Shouldn't it be Sneak X? :notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:08 pm

It's called Stock X.
Not if it wants to be a better version of eBay.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:37 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:27 pm

:notwrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:37 pm
:dat: was the first thing I thought. ANY product that needs authentication... Market is huge
Especially in this day and age with everything seeming to have a limited run, collectibility, etc. It's a great idea IMO.
SAWCE

Interview scheduled for 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Same company as last week, but this position would be a little further south down at their shipyard. 6 miles south of home, world's better than driving 13 miles north. I'll be going against traffic both ways, plus the shipyard is on the water, so I'll have nice views when I'm able to venture outside of the office, and hopefully nice views from windows in the office.

Cost analyst for this role, last week's interview was for Finance Compliance Auditor.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:56 pm Interview scheduled for 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Same company as last week, but this position would be a little further south down at their shipyard. 6 miles south of home, world's better than driving 13 miles north. I'll be going against traffic both ways, plus the shipyard is on the water, so I'll have nice views when I'm able to venture outside of the office, and hopefully nice views from windows in the office.

Cost analyst for this role, last week's interview was for Finance Compliance Auditor.
Sounds 5/7. Good luck!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:26 pm Applied for a place that looks incredibly cool to me - they are an exchange for people that invest in short run/old sneakers. I know that sounds nuts but it's crazy profitable.
Shrink wrapped? They’re only legit if they shrink wrap them.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/warr ... 42487.html
Elizabeth Warren unveils 'broad cancellation plan' for student debt
:wtf:

all the responsible people that have been paying / paid them off already:

:rage:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:15 am https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/warr ... 42487.html

Interesting... this would be a HUGE benefit for me... but I won't hold my breathe and I'll keep paying what I owe like a responsible adult.
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:15 am https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/warr ... 42487.html

It has to happen at some point - either cancel the debts or have a hard cut off on public school tuition, where people who graduate today have to pay for life and people who start tomorrow have to pay nothing.

You can't retroactively un-fuck everyone over the age of 20, but that alone is not reason to keep fucking everyone else for eternity. Improvement has to start somewhere.