Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:38 pm
wap wrote:
:megusta: :like:
Do you drink it with an accompaniment of a glass of ice water too, like we do? And do you sometimes pour the ouzo into the ice water so it clouds up?
Always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:fuckyeah: :drool: :drunk:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:03 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm Walked around with the uncles dog and man he’s damn aggressive, he pulls people hard and i pulled him when he tried to attacked a stray dog and almost chased a cat. Had some turkish dominos and they’re way way way better than murican ones

:yesth: Turkish dominoes are the best in Turkey

:trollface:
:lolol:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:17 pm Parent's got back from Hawaii last night. Picked them up around 9. Dad wanted to hit the little taco stand I'd mentioned, so we grabbed that on the way back to my place. Everyone was :fuckyeah: about their food, even my mom, so that was cool. Nice getting to catch up a little bit again and hear about their trip. Offered for them to stay the night, but dad was going in to work today, so they drove up to Lancaster.
:nice: to see mama :sawce: is well enough to travel. :fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:22 pm Image

Mom is happy to be active again. That was probably one of the hardest parts of the last year for her. She ran triathlons in college, and up until last year was swimming, biking, or running several miles a day even with no meniscus in her knees (blew them both out doing the triathlons). She’s a fucking champ.
Very happy parents! Glad your mom is back on her feet.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 pm

I've always preferred DST but now that I have to work until 7 PM but have some time in the mornings, I'm :notsure: anymore. I just really prefer summer to winter in general though, short days + cold are :disgust:

NYC is not for me but it's awesome to visit, IMO, definitely a must-see for any American. I actually prefer Chicago though, it has a somewhat similar feel but is way cleaner and more chill. Plus the lakefront is very pretty.
NYC downside.... in summer when its humid it just smells like dog pee
coupled with when you don't have the convenience to get in the car and crank dat A/C, same goes for Istanbul too, other than having some metro's that have AC. I'm debating on going to a concert in Brooklyn (the good part lol) on my birthday, held at Brooklyn Mirage. Might debate on Airbnb, preferably close to dumbo (bc easy access to BK bridge so I can walk into Manhattan) and hopefully comes with free or reasonably priced parking, we'll see.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:08 pm :nice: to see mama :sawce: is well enough to travel. :fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:14 pm Very happy parents! Glad your mom is back on her feet.
:fuckyeah: Thanks guys. I was happy they got to make this trip.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:06 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Always

:fuckyeah: :drool: :drunk:
it was fun feeling a little tipsy on the boat ride home, with some breeze in your face. Even though it was 60-65, due to the waves it felt more like 48-52 ish and I actually really like it. Just my favorite type of weather, hope it lasts in my area till mid-late April.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

We finally have an actual internet service as of 10 minutes ago. Over a month with just a phone was :disgust:

All of my shit is now downloading updates followed by updates to the updates. :rudy:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 pm

I've always preferred DST but now that I have to work until 7 PM but have some time in the mornings, I'm :notsure: anymore. I just really prefer summer to winter in general though, short days + cold are :disgust:

NYC is not for me but it's awesome to visit, IMO, definitely a must-see for any American. I actually prefer Chicago though, it has a somewhat similar feel but is way cleaner and more chill. Plus the lakefront is very pretty.
This has been my argument to the wife. She wants to go to NYC really bad, but I personally really dig Chicago. She does too, but she still says there's something special about NYC. I need to experience that for myself.
My advice, assume y'all like roadtrips, :doit: and don't enter into Manhattan. Park in Jersey City, either A) take a boat ride to the port right by the ol WTC (aka the area where the Uzbek with Home Depot truck ran over people), B) Train like Johnny said (Can't speak of that personally), C) Uber (depending whether you will stay at a hotel in Manhattan or Jersey City/Crangboken).

As someone from a city like NY myself, plan ahead on boat ride or w/e public transport it is maybe (again depending whether you will stay). With EZ pass, you will get charged $15 if you enter Manhattan. Parking is atrociously expensive, especially if you have a :truk: or suburban sized, which costs more (unless you don't mind driving around blocks for a good half an hour). Finding a good hotel in Manhattan is :waxer: here's the cheapest one I stayed once and sent a bunch of my clients, which they were happy about, but it isn't nowhere near pretty as the pic of the room on the following link.
https://www.wellingtonhotel.com/?gclid= ... 9KEALw_wcB

I stayed there $100 for one night, beds have those bouncy springs like the old ones, has a boxy non-plasma TV that show those static bars. Toilet makes noises at 3 AM when someone flushes it. Hallways are narrower than most best western and the like hotels i've been to, elevator also feels a bit on the sketchy side, also small. Pros are location and some services, they provide valet and 2 blocks away from central park. I haven't felt any sign of bed bugs. If you choose airbnb, feel free to ask me on areas to avoid (even though most of DFD shares the same opinions in NY hoods).

For wellington, keep your eyes peeled on your accounts statement after your stay, they double charged me and I had to argue with them for a couple of days until I finally got my money back, my boss even talked to the manager about it.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:18 pm

coupled with when you don't have the convenience to get in the car and crank dat A/C, same goes for Istanbul too, other than having some metro's that have AC. I'm debating on going to a concert in Brooklyn (the good part lol) on my birthday, held at Brooklyn Mirage. Might debate on Airbnb, preferably close to dumbo (bc easy access to BK bridge so I can walk into Manhattan) and hopefully comes with free or reasonably priced parking, we'll see.
I have seen some great shows in Brooklyn..... the one that sticks out is the Black Crowes before they hit it big.....Shake Your Money Maker bootleg had leaked and me and my female friend (went to grade school together) were getting high and playing the shit out of it......

The show was at L'amour East and we were in the front row...... Chris Robinson kept reaching out and grabbing her hand (yes, Arden was a hot 6' footer) ......during the set break one of the roadies came out and invited her backstage ...... she dragged me along as to not get assaulted......

Good times
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:39 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:18 pm

I have seen some great shows in Brooklyn..... the one that sticks out is the Black Crowes before they hit it big.....Shake Your Money Maker bootleg had leaked and me and my female friend (went to grade school together) were getting high and playing the shit out of it......

The show was at L'amour East and we were in the front row...... Chris Robinson kept reaching out and grabbing her hand (yes, Arden was a hot 6' footer) ......during the set break one of the roadies came out and invited her backstage ...... she dragged me along as to not get assaulted......

Good times
that sounds a lot of fun!! I'm turning 27 this year :sad: :wap: but I still feel like i'm 22-23 so I don't really wanna imagine that im actually not far from 30 :baby:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:31 pm We finally have an actual internet service as of 10 minutes ago. Over a month with just a phone was :disgust:

All of my shit is now downloading updates followed by updates to the updates. :rudy:
If it's Spectrum then I'm sorry
troyguitar

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:11 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:31 pm We finally have an actual internet service as of 10 minutes ago. Over a month with just a phone was :disgust:

Fuck Spectrum, we were stuck with them in KY and it was terrible - we got at most 1/5 the rated speed and the price went up constantly to the point that we were paying $65 or $70 a month for 20/1 Mbps at the end. Part of why we tried to live only right in Corning proper is that there's fiber available through Empire Access. $50/mo for 100/20 Mbps and low latency based on initial testing here.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Almost forgot!! so i was with grandparents and family drove across istanbul to my and our summer getaway, but we of course drove through the infamous rush hour traffic. Since my grandpa still drives a :manuel: the car slided and couldn't catch the clutch, then the crazy lady in a Citroen behind us, blared the shit of her own for 40 seconds straight until we stopped at a light, false claiming we backed into her. We pulled over, neither of our cars, especially the Megane had no sign of ANY damage whatsoever, the Citroen had a small little dent on the license plate, so no real damage. I can tell right out the bat that she's trying to fraud us. Mom called me to unbent the plate like the lady "requested" and the lady slapped my hand while calling me a son of a bitch (which :triggered: mom as she raised her voice at the lady) like :wtf: and claims like i have 100 clients. :yeahok: i can totally see how you handle a small fender [user not found] that you proclaimed while screaming and embarrassing the shit outta yourself. :bravo:

this is pretty much like her

FYI: i am aware of improper grammar and complete sentences, just a little rant.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

IM OUT SCHEA!! MIDNIGHT HERE, another long day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It pretty much smells like piss there 24/7 and there's bags of trash every fucking where. But it's New York! :iono: still worth experiencing, hard to not have fun on a weekend trip there if you don't mind :wasteful: .
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm
Irish wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Good times
that sounds a lot of fun!! I'm turning 27 this year :sad: :wap: but I still feel like i'm 22-23 so I don't really wanna imagine that im actually not far from 30 :baby:
I'll be 30 on Saturday :sad: :wap:

:aintcare: really though, still enjoying life just as much or more as ever.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:23 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

that's what im afraid of :lolol: but you look like you had solid 20's. My life is certainly gotten a lot better since couple years ago, i went from :fuckyeah: (when i got my :turboyaris: ) to :sad: semi :crang: minus bitching about it (months after i got my mk7 & MIA which includes deleting all social media) and :fuckyeah: again.

I am kind of :disappoint: that i didn't let myself do things i wanted to do on my second decade, so that's why my lifestyle (excluding traveling and hobbies) is more like early 20's, even though quite a lot 30's do it too. Heck i may be one of those guys that'll be at an EDM concert with gray hair :lol: my uncle still goes to shows probably like 3-4 a year and he just turned 40.

When I think of 30, I instantly remember one episode where Danny Tanner turned 30 on full house, when he had 3 kids. Needless to say I feel :doomed: :lolol:
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

speaking of :fuckyeah: ive been on fire on post count, as i hit 5k couple weeks back and now im 200 more.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm that sounds a lot of fun!! I'm turning 27 this year :sad: :wap: but I still feel like i'm 22-23 so I don't really wanna imagine that im actually not far from 30 :baby:

I'm only 33, but for as long as I can remember through 2018 every year has been better than the last. 2019 might be a dip, but I don't think it has to do with age. I don't see age being a problem until I get over 60 or so.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 pm speaking of :fuckyeah: ive been on fire on post count, as i hit 5k couple weeks back and now im 200 more.
n00b

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:22 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Fuck Spectrum, we were stuck with them in KY and it was terrible - we got at most 1/5 the rated speed and the price went up constantly to the point that we were paying $65 or $70 a month for 20/1 Mbps at the end. Part of why we tried to live only right in Corning proper is that there's fiber available through Empire Access. $50/mo for 100/20 Mbps and low latency based on initial testing here.
Spectrum is my only option :rage:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 pm
D Griff wrote:

I'm only 33, but for as long as I can remember through 2018 every year has been better than the last. 2019 might be a dip, but I don't think it has to do with age. I don't see age being a problem until I get over 60 or so.
:dat:

I mean, 18-22 was pretty fun - living with friends in college and such, but for the most part, I've had more opportunity/money and done more stuff I enjoy as time goes on.

These past few months have been rather :eeyore: as the job change was a huge adjustment in lifestyle, but it's getting better.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:49 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 pm speaking of :fuckyeah: ive been on fire on post count, as i hit 5k couple weeks back and now im 200 more.
n00b

i tend to be too pre-occupied from DFD here and there.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

ugh the time change is still kicking my ass.
brain go brrrrrr