Let's feel the love

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:49 pm I love how fast this tread is going to turn into a pit of despair.

:trollface:
I love how I :lolol: 'd at this post.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

datgrundle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:59 pm I've been away. Whats so gloomy?
The shutdown of the Grundle Factory. :iono:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:04 pm Dags

Booze

Bikes

And driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :truckyeah: :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: :fuckyeah: :fuckyeah:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 pm Good thread is good.
:wrong:

reported.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:57 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 pm Good thread is good.
:wrong:

reported.
:pftch: :lolol:
wap

So much.

The older I (and they) get, I realize just how much I love my family and treasure the times we're together, which is getting more valuable as they (and I) age. Mom just turned 88 last month and her brother turned 91. We're a pretty small family but we're extremely close. My 2 cousins and bro and I are really like 4 brothers we're that close.

Love hosting our annual Halloween party.

I love long road trips with my wife.

I love traveling to Europe with my wife.

A fucking love my nieces and nephew.

I love my car.

I love my cool old house.

Sounds weird, but I really love my luggage.

I love the Beatles. Listening to them literally improves my mood in a real, tangible way.

I love British humor. Monty Python. Black Adder. Fawlty Towers. Ripping Yarns. The 2 Ronnies. Rowen Atkinson. The Goons. Beyond the Fringe. Benny Hill. Clarkson/May/Hammond.

I love rabbits.

I love my job.

I have a fantastic group of friends, some go back to junior high school. Many go back to college, a few post college. But 5/7 people all.

I love Greece, Greek culture, Greek history, and Greek food.

I'll post more if I think of anything else.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'll add one to the mix.

I LOVE hockey. My dad played when he was growing up and I was brainwashed from an early age. I started playing in the living room with my him when I was only tall enough to hold a knee stick, played knob hockey, and watched every Blackhawks game I could. I first got on the ice at 5 years old, with double blades an inch apart and could still barely stand up. I was terrible. But I got better, and every winter we'd go out to the frozen ponds in the city and play. As I got a little older I got into just about every sport under the sun, and although I still played hockey in a house league I never put much time into it.

That all changed sophomore year in high school when a friend of mine was trying out for the AA 18U travel team. He told me to come out and I made the team by default - I was one of only two goaltenders there. Other guy was a senior and really good, so I didn't play much early in the season, but I worked my ass off and by the end of the year I was starting about 2/3 of our games. I got invited to the MidAm 16U tryouts the following summer, and moved up to the AAA 18U team for my junior and senior seasons.

I had some injuries here and there and my parents never wanted me to postpone college to go play juniors, so my "career" ended playing D1 club, which bothered me at the time but now I'm thankful for. I still play every Sunday in the beer leagues with a bunch of other washed up dudes and we have a fucking blast. It's such a fun game and such a tremendous athletic challenge, there's nothing like trying to stop a 90 mph slap shot you can barely see or have time to react to.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:50 pm Really though, I love bodybuilding.
I love pizza. One of my favorite things is when the pepperonis form little crispy cups of grease :drool: I follow an IG account called @little.peps that is just pictures of pizza with that on it.
As I've gotten older, I love spending time with my family and appreciate that/them more than I ever used to.
What is it about body building that you love so much? The challenge, the visual improvement, ?

I hear you on the family thing man. I need to get better at that, I don't stay in touch with them nearly to the extent I should. Stoked to hear the good news about your mom recently, I know that was a pretty big scare for you and imagine that it was hard to go through for you and for her.
I actually just logged in to make this post since I read some you you describing you had listed.

I grew up extremely skinny. I wasn’t ever bullied, but my size was always pointed out. When I was 18 one of my buddies joined our community college football team. Her always been athletic and lifted weights in high school, but that summer, he really put on some muscle. I started going to the gym with him and another friend, and I really liked it.

It started out just for that, something superficial and vain. I finally saw a way that I could take control of my body and put on size to feel like I “fit in”. I also thought that it would help me get girls. Girls like muscles, right? The fitting in was a big thing for me. Growing up with depression, being the only boy in my family with five sisters, not having the same faith as my family.. I never felt that I fit in anywhere or with anyone.

A few years later, I was graduating college, and feeling like I didn’t really have any direction in my life. I’d gotten a degree in business with a focus on economics, but only because it came naturally to me. I had, and still have, no idea what I wanted to do for a career. I’d still been lifting while I went to school, and now that it was over, I turned to bodybuilding as my source of direction. It was the one thing in my life that I felt I had control over. I could make changes by changing my training, changing my diet, or changing my supplementation. I could see results of my actions and it felt good.

Bodybuilding went from being something to fit in, to something that I could feel like I was bettering myself with every day. I wake up every day and I have a plan for the day. I know exactly what I’ll eat, when I’ll eat, what I’ll lift, etc. I know that making each of these steps will take me to my goals. I think it’s a rare thing for someone to have that level of direction with anything outside of work in their life. It’s jot a lifestyle for everyone, but it’s something that I thrive on and am incredibly thankful that I found.

I wake up every day knowing that I’m “better” than the day before. Whether that’s in strength gained if that’s my current goal, fat lost, or maybe I synthesized a gram or two of muscle that night as I slept because of how hard I pushed myself in the gym and the ratio of protein:carbs:fat that I ate the day before.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

That’s awesome dude. Love how passionate you are about it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:33 pm

What is it about body building that you love so much? The challenge, the visual improvement, ?

I hear you on the family thing man. I need to get better at that, I don't stay in touch with them nearly to the extent I should. Stoked to hear the good news about your mom recently, I know that was a pretty big scare for you and imagine that it was hard to go through for you and for her.
I actually just logged in to make this post since I read some you you describing you had listed.

I grew up extremely skinny. I wasn’t ever bullied, but my size was always pointed out. When I was 18 one of my buddies joined our community college football team. Her always been athletic and lifted weights in high school, but that summer, he really put on some muscle. I started going to the gym with him and another friend, and I really liked it.

It started out just for that, something superficial and vain. I finally saw a way that I could take control of my body and put on size to feel like I “fit in”. I also thought that it would help me get girls. Girls like muscles, right? The fitting in was a big thing for me. Growing up with depression, being the only boy in my family with five sisters, not having the same faith as my family.. I never felt that I fit in anywhere or with anyone.

A few years later, I was graduating college, and feeling like I didn’t really have any direction in my life. I’d gotten a degree in business with a focus on economics, but only because it came naturally to me. I had, and still have, no idea what I wanted to do for a career. I’d still been lifting while I went to school, and now that it was over, I turned to bodybuilding as my source of direction. It was the one thing in my life that I felt I had control over. I could make changes by changing my training, changing my diet, or changing my supplementation. I could see results of my actions and it felt good.

Bodybuilding went from being something to fit in, to something that I could feel like I was bettering myself with every day. I wake up every day and I have a plan for the day. I know exactly what I’ll eat, when I’ll eat, what I’ll lift, etc. I know that making each of these steps will take me to my goals. I think it’s a rare thing for someone to have that level of direction with anything outside of work in their life. It’s jot a lifestyle for everyone, but it’s something that I thrive on and am incredibly thankful that I found.

I wake up every day knowing that I’m “better” than the day before. Whether that’s in strength gained if that’s my current goal, fat lost, or maybe I synthesized a gram or two of muscle that night as I slept because of how hard I pushed myself in the gym and the ratio of protein:carbs:fat that I ate the day before.
Pretty 5/7 story.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Let's see...
- Cars (duh)
- travel and go on adventures (including road trips)
- Good beer
- Good food
- good clothing/fashion to an extent :gay:
- video games
- netflix
- Being in the city (mostly in more vibrant areas, probably because of my hometown)
- going to music shows, usually involves in the electric/techno for starters (dat euro instinct & vibe)
- music festivals
- basketball (retired washed up, looking to go back)
- soccer (mostly watching it)
- working out
- ski/broboard (washed up from it)
- good entertainment
- just simply being around with people
- good tech
- my 10 month old cousin (see cute thread)
- dogs (including the one i recently babysat, and my uncles dog)
- tits
- anything turkish as long as it doesn't lead extremism.
- anything euro
- some international cultures
- and dassit :iono:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 pm So much.

The older I (and they) get, I realize just how much I love my family and treasure the times we're together, which is getting more valuable as they (and I) age. Mom just turned 88 last month and her brother turned 91. We're a pretty small family but we're extremely close. My 2 cousins and bro and I are really like 4 brothers we're that close.

Love hosting our annual Halloween party.

I love long road trips with my wife.

I love traveling to Europe with my wife.

A fucking love my nieces and nephew.

I love my car.

I love my cool old house.

Sounds weird, but I really love my luggage.

I love the Beatles. Listening to them literally improves my mood in a real, tangible way.

I love British humor. Monty Python. Black Adder. Fawlty Towers. Ripping Yarns. The 2 Ronnies. Rowen Atkinson. The Goons. Beyond the Fringe. Benny Hill. Clarkson/May/Hammond.

I love rabbits.

I love my job.

I have a fantastic group of friends, some go back to junior high school. Many go back to college, a few post college. But 5/7 people all.

I love Greece, Greek culture, Greek history, and Greek food.

I'll post more if I think of anything else.
Godammit Ron, Pics or :gtfo:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Booze

Bikes

And driving

Great post. Those dags are bad ass, the car is pretty gay but the bikes are a massive offset...your bike collection and talent makes me wish I was a rider. The booze is, of course, sublime. I miss your wif, I liked the wedding thread as a component of this forum, I certainly didn't chase her out of here.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Just fucking with you on the FiST, I still miss my GAYti.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:39 pm That’s awesome dude. Love how passionate you are about it.
:like:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 pm I actually just logged in to make this post since I read some you you describing you had listed.

Seems like just about every guy you talk to who's into lifting/training/bodybuilding got started because they were self-conscious about being scrawny. I was the same way in high school, and while I've never taken it to the point that you have, being fit and looking a certain way are a huge part of my self-confidence now and have been ever since I started to see some positive changes from working out at 15-16 years old.

I got started because l felt deficient in some way, but stuck with it because of the challenge, the discipline, and the idea of getting just a little bit better every day. One more rep, one more 2.5 pound plate, one tenth of a mph faster on the treadmill. :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:18 pm I'll add one to the mix.

I LOVE hockey. My dad played when he was growing up and I was brainwashed from an early age. I started playing in the living room with my him when I was only tall enough to hold a knee stick, played knob hockey, and watched every Blackhawks game I could. I first got on the ice at 5 years old, with double blades an inch apart and could still barely stand up. I was terrible. But I got better, and every winter we'd go out to the frozen ponds in the city and play. As I got a little older I got into just about every sport under the sun, and although I still played hockey in a house league I never put much time into it.

That all changed sophomore year in high school when a friend of mine was trying out for the AA 18U travel team. He told me to come out and I made the team by default - I was one of only two goaltenders there. Other guy was a senior and really good, so I didn't play much early in the season, but I worked my ass off and by the end of the year I was starting about 2/3 of our games. I got invited to the MidAm 16U tryouts the following summer, and moved up to the AAA 18U team for my junior and senior seasons.

I had some injuries here and there and my parents never wanted me to postpone college to go play juniors, so my "career" ended playing D1 club, which bothered me at the time but now I'm thankful for. I still play every Sunday in the beer leagues with a bunch of other washed up dudes and we have a fucking blast. It's such a fun game and such a tremendous athletic challenge, there's nothing like trying to stop a 90 mph slap shot you can barely see or have time to react to.
Great story and thanks for sharing brah. You stopped playing when you got to college? I think that happens to a lot of people, stopping whatever sport they're in when they go off to school. Happened to me with cycling for sure.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 am Great story and thanks for sharing brah. You stopped playing when you got to college? I think that happens to a lot of people, stopping whatever sport they're in when they go off to school. Happened to me with cycling for sure.
Negative! I played on the club team all four years in college. Took about a two year hiatus after that before I started playing in the beer leagues, though. It was only a club team, but we were a competitive bunch and it was hard to change gears to just having fun once I got out of college.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Been around them my whole life. My dad rides and my childhood neighbor raced flat track at a high level professionally and I was best friends with his kids. His kids and I emulated our racing heroes while racing our bmx bikes in the back yard and around the neighborhood. With that we had ATVs and dirt bikes as we got older. Road riding didn’t really happen until 10 years ago or so and track riding in the last 5.

I still get the itch to pick up dirt bike riding from time to time, but the lack of riding areas makes it hard to justify - I partly just want to see if I remember how to do it - it’s a much different skillset than asphalt.

There’s really nothing like the feeling of riding a motorcycle on a clean road, without distractions and everything clicking. It’s a feeling that IMHO cars can’t capture..
That sounds awesome. I've always wanted a motorcycle. I know a ton of moto riders that started out on BMX bikes, seems that's a rather natural progression.
Indeed. I encourage everyone to at least try it at some point in their lives.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:21 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 pm

That sounds awesome. I've always wanted a motorcycle. I know a ton of moto riders that started out on BMX bikes, seems that's a rather natural progression.
I had a blast on smaller dirt bikes when I was a kid. I could see picking up an adv or similar style bike when I get a garage.
Hell, wifey wants to get something with a sidecar so we could motorbike as a fam too.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:50 am

Booze

Bikes

And driving

Great post. Those dags are bad ass, the car is pretty gay but the bikes are a massive offset...your bike collection and talent makes me wish I was a rider. The booze is, of course, sublime. I miss your wif, I liked the wedding thread as a component of this forum, I certainly didn't chase her out of here.
Bikes are pretty amazing - you should give it a shot sometime. I can understand your opinion of the car, and if it weren't for the bikes, it'd be something different. But, it's full of lulz, and punches way above it's weight in the handling department. Considering it's all stock other than a catback and ramz/tars, it's pretty fun to chase down "better" cars in the tight stuff. At some point, I'll realize that my bonez are brittle and it'll be time to hang up the leathers - at that point I'll probably go :fullretard: on a car that everyone likes to hate on.

The wife has enough stress in her life, and this place wasn't overly friendly - not that she didn't instigate some of it herself - so she moved on. Her season is getting ready to ramp up - and she did enjoy writing the stories - so maybe I can get her to share through me.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:21 am

I had a blast on smaller dirt bikes when I was a kid. I could see picking up an adv or similar style bike when I get a garage.
Hell, wifey wants to get something with a sidecar so we could motorbike as a fam too.
I want a bike with a sidecar just so I can take a dag with me
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:32 am
Apex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 am

You may have looked into this more than my zero looking, but do you need a specific bike to have a sidecar? Or can they be added to any number of bikes?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:43 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:32 am

You may have looked into this more than my zero looking, but do you need a specific bike to have a sidecar? Or can they be added to any number of bikes?
Ural is basically the only one that delivers a sidecar from the factory (also 2wd which is kinda :neat: ). I think Harley and BMW - and maybe Honda - have them available in their accessory catalogs for certain bikes and after that it's whatever the aftermarket people have developed for whatever bikes.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

This stuff right here. I finally started playing in 2004 (15 years ago! Nuts...) and everything else pretty much ceased to be important. Image